Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Games weekend 26th 27th May

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd2793 View Post
    mark mccadden has a clip of towells red, yeah looks like we bought that one. bit of luck is nice for once
    Yikes.

https://twitter.com/markmccadden/sta...20231081869312
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Rovers down to 8 players now?!

If Cork can't win this, they deserve to take our spot in the First Division next year.
    had a great chance when down to 8. Actually thought it was in.

cards were like confetti. I could get behind the cards for dissent, if it wasn’t restricted to one team in one match!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    That is absolutely f'ing disgusting behaviour. I hope Cork can identify and ban them. I've never been a huge Bradley fan but I sympathise with him completely.
    I’ve no doubt they will. Cork fans have always been friendly down there and no doubt a few mindless scroates who will het along long ban (if they even go)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    Massive win for pats tonight, you can’t beat a big win after seemingly everything going against you. First Sjöberg coming off injured, then Grivosti getting stretchered off meant a pieces together back 4 for the second half after Pats should’ve scored another 1 or 2 more in the first half. The 3 changes at half time changed how Dundalk looked and they got their goal 2 mins into the half before a truly embarrassing refereeing decision to not send off Malley who instigated a fight between the two teams with this headlock https://twitter.com/ericdonegan1993/...218230790?s=46 Frustratingly Mulraney then reacted and raised his hand to Malley's face which was a correct red card but for the ref to award only a yellow to Malley was laughable. Despite the extra man advantage Dundalk didn’t create much in the way of clear goalscoring opportunities despite their pressure and then Conor Carty managed to squeeze in the winner from what should’ve been an easy block and/or save
    Have just seen the Mulreany sending off and I wouldn’t agree it was merited. He did go back for seconds, but I thought he must have thrown a dig or something to get himself sent off, but it doesn’t look like it from the footage. My God, that was a sweet victory though. I’d have snatched your hand off for a point after the sending off, but to win it was glorious. Special mention to Tommy Lonergan, who created the goal out of nothing. We looked really up for it in the first half tonight, it’s as good as we’ve played all season. Seemed a bit sluggish at the start of the second half and conceded the early goal. The sending off really got the crowd fired up, and the team responded in kind. Epic stuff.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    Saw that alright. Looks like a free out. Not sure how the lino or ref could have even been sure of it if something had actually happened. Neither would have had a clear view.
    Kicking out when on the ground, you're asking for bother. Towell only has himself to blame.
    I think the assistant was the one that gave it.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Week after week the officials step up to new levels of incompetence. It'd hard to fathom how bad they are. It's time we set put a pathway for ex players to become officials because these lads are plumbing new depths. It's embarrassing. And woe betide you appeal a decision, the FAI will dou le down on the sh1t show by rejecting it

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    Kicking out when on the ground, you're asking for bother. Towell only has himself to blame.
    Jaysus.
    Goes to show you. I've looked at McCadden's video and I think he made connection with his boot and that it should have been a penalty, as Towell pulled him down. Don't think I've Red and Black tinted glasses on.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohtastic View Post
    Jaysus.
    Goes to show you. I've looked at McCadden's video and I think he made connection with his boot and that it should have been a penalty, as Towell pulled him down. Don't think I've Red and Black tinted glasses on.
    Maybe brendy lent you his red and white ones?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Harps finally won again,highlight was a goal on his debut from young 16 year old Aaron McLaughlin......
    17 years and 14 days. Officially Harps youngest ever competitive goalscorer, beating a record set in 1990 by Barry Patton by all of two days, Patton being 17 years and 16 days when he scored against Kilkenny in January 1990.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    Have just seen the Mulreany sending off and I wouldn’t agree it was merited. He did go back for seconds, but I thought he must have thrown a dig or something to get himself sent off, but it doesn’t look like it from the footage. My God, that was a sweet victory though. I’d have snatched your hand off for a point after the sending off, but to win it was glorious. Special mention to Tommy Lonergan, who created the goal out of nothing. We looked really up for it in the first half tonight, it’s as good as we’ve played all season. Seemed a bit sluggish at the start of the second half and conceded the early goal. The sending off really got the crowd fired up, and the team responded in kind. Epic stuff.
    Just saw it back myself (my post was based on seeing it in real time) and I agree it’s not as clear cut as I first said. Either way I can’t believe Malley was only awarded a yellow for his headlock. Another infuriating decision was when Eoin Doyle was through on goal from a ball over the top so the ref decided to award pats a free kick 80 yards back towards their own goal instead. Absolutely abysmal officiating but ironically I think it helped create an ‘us against the world’ mentality in the team and crowd which was a big factor in getting the win
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SwanVsDalton View Post
    Slowed it right down there and can’t see any contact with the boot. I don’t think that clip is conclusive though. From the best that could be made out of it the correct decision would have probably been a Cork City penalty and a yellow or no card.

That being said it is very quick thinking from the Cork player he knows Towell has flicked the boot back in his direction and reckons, ultimately correctly, on the ref seeing that bit of a flicked boot and thinking kick to the face.

I did not see the game and so can’t comment on the other cards but that decision from that angle whilst possibly wrong is far from scandalous.

If the ref thinks Towell has kicked the Cork defender by the way (after having a handful of his shirt and manhandling him to the ground) then should it have been a pen + red for the combination of offences?
    Last edited by DCWA; 27/05/2023 at 1:10 AM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCWA View Post
    Slowed it right down there and can’t see any contact with the boot. I don’t think that clip is conclusive though. From the best that could be made out of it the correct decision would have probably been a Cork City penalty and a yellow or no card.

That being said it is very quick thinking from the Cork player he knows Towell has flicked the boot back in his direction and reckons, ultimately correctly, on the ref seeing that bit of a flicked boot and thinking kick to the face.

I did not see the game and so can’t comment on the other cards but that decision from that angle whilst possibly wrong is far from scandalous.

If the ref thinks Towell has kicked the Cork defender by the way (after having a handful of his shirt and manhandling him to the ground) then should it have been a pen + red for the combination of offences?
    If you think that ref wouldn't have given a peno and a red against us given any opportunity tonight.......

Only good thing to come out of tonight was the cork commentary team saying that Rovers have it harder than any other team in the league as every other team treats the fixture like a cup final. Heroic we are.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    Very hard to see what happened, but it does look like Towell kicked out on the ground. Now week in and week out we complain that the lino should have saw it, this one did so it goes down as very good officiating. As for the other two players they were on yellows so shouldn't have put themselves in to that position. They should have been more careful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    Hard to see how Towell would get a red card rescinded from that video. Assume you would need conclusive evidence.

The Cork people shouting from the pub about Bradley’s ill son is the lowest of the lows. Saw a tweet (deleted now) saying they were already banned from Turners Cross. Hopefully the guards get hold of them. Can’t be too hard to identity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    Hard to see how Towell would get a red card rescinded from that video. Assume you would need conclusive evidence.

The Cork people shouting from the pub about Bradley’s ill son is the lowest of the lows. Saw a tweet (deleted now) saying they were already banned from Turners Cross. Hopefully the guards get hold of them. Can’t be too hard to identity.

that tweet was incorrect. there is only 2 people banned from the cross and neither of them were involved/in that pub for the game.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    Whos Athlone Towns new boss Wonder88? I cant keep up the soap opera down there!
    I have contacts in the club but its still very hard to know what's going on or even get info but at minute but either Emelio Williams who owns Valeo FC or Dario Castelo who is Sporting Director of Valeo FC are manager.

I'm hearing though that a new manager and a number of coaches arriving from Portugal in next 2 weeks or so.

Follow Us on Facebook and Twitter

18. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    If you think that ref wouldn't have given a peno and a red against us given any opportunity tonight.......
    I don’t think anything as regards that. The clip in question is all I have seen of the game.

I do think however in the recent Dublin derby Rovers were on the right end of two of the most scandalous pieces of officiating I have ever seen (so bad if was Bohs I would not be convinced at all they weren’t deliberate) so swings and roundabouts etc.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    This is a good, swift reaction from Cork. I don't think the guards can really do much unfortunately. Scumbags though they are I don't think they've actually broken any laws.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...239152272.html
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    This is a good, swift reaction from Cork. I don't think the guards can really do much unfortunately. Scumbags though they are I don't think they've actually broken any laws.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...239152272.html
    I’d say you’re correct as new ‘hate crime’ legislation not yet enacted, the important thing as you say is that there’s been a swift reaction.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    yeah ive no idea can the law do anything with them. a bit of community service and a lifetime ban from stadiums + pubs in the area of TC should be on the table.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast