Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Games weekend 26th 27th May

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Heroic but costly win for us tonight. Sojberg, Mark Doyle and Grivosti went off injured, Grivosti's looks particularly bad. Huge shift put in by the lads after going down to 10 after some shocking refereeing. Seemingly putting someone in a headlock isn't a red card. I've no real issue with Mulraney getting sent off as his reaction looked like a swing out and he went back for more but how the Dundalk player wasn't sent off is beyond me. Not allowing advantage when Eoin Doyle was clean through and bringing it back for a offside a few minutes later was also terrible. We really should have scored more than once in the first half and Dundalk's equaliser was soft on our part. But we dug in and Cartys goal was fantastic work by Lonergan to set it up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Harps finally won again,highlight was a goal on his debut from young 16 year old Aaron McLaughlin......
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd2793 View Post
    as a city fan i can safely say ive never seen anything like that display from grant. what did kenny get his first yellow for? did lopes get a yellow for winning the ball? the game was complete carnage. rovers heads went but the ref incited a lot of that, needless cards for everyone bar towell imo
    Fair play… did you see Towell do something as on the replays on LOITV nothing to see ? as I said it was our turn this week to win first prize on the crap ref roulette ; this time next I wonder who will it be ?

Aside from criticism of the ref Bradley does need to have a word with the players as there is too much mouthing leading to needless cards going on in general and when you have a clown like Grant in charge it’s just plain stupid…..

he also needs to sort the ‘pup’ Kenny out and tell him to cop on and that he’s not anywhere as good as he seems to think he is and be a lot more humble instead of mouthing off ….. the fans will love him if he does that and forgiving even if continues to miss chances…. He’s on thin ice but hopefully he’s young enough and has the smarts to learn….

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Honestly no idea about the red cards. Chaotic game and they teo double yellows happened so quickly I didnt know what happened until i saw the red.

Delighted that Towell and Hoare were sent off. Especially enjoyed Towell making tge longest possible walk of shame to get to the Tunnel in front of the shed.

We're having a rough season and we won't get many moments to celebrate so that one was special.
    Also. How good of a season is Ruairi Keating having. We have maybe 3 Premier Division players and he deserves consideration for team of the season so far this year. Not just his goals but his all around play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    Fair play… did you see Towell do something as on the replays on LOITV nothing to see ? as I said it was our turn this week to win first prize on the crap ref roulette ; this time next I wonder who will it be ?

Aside from criticism of the ref Bradley does need to have a word with the players as there is too much mouthing leading to needless cards going on in general and when you have a clown like Grant in charge it’s just plain stupid…..

he also needs to sort the ‘pup’ Kenny out and tell him to cop on and that he’s not anywhere as good as he seems to think he is and be a lot more humble instead of mouthing off ….. the fans will love him if he does that and forgiving even if continues to miss chances…. He’s on thin ice but hopefully he’s young enough and has the smarts to learn….

i was at the opposite end so i hadnt a clue what happened for the towell one, plenty of rovers lads on twitter saying it was a red though. i havent a notion why kenny got his first yellow? his 2nd one is a yellow alright but its madness from the ref to not even give him a warning and there was a foul on farruiga i think it was in the lead up to that one. again with hoare i saw some arguing but no idea how he got the card. grant lost all control of the game tbh. rovers do seem to have an issue with giving lip to refs but imo some of it was justified there tonight because some of his decisions were mental for both teams.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    Honestly no idea about the red cards. Chaotic game and they teo double yellows happened so quickly I didnt know what happened until i saw the red.

Delighted that Towell and Hoare were sent off. Especially enjoyed Towell making tge longest possible walk of shame to get to the Tunnel in front of the shed.

We're having a rough season and we won't get many moments to celebrate so that one was special.
    Also. How good of a season is Ruairi Keating having. We have maybe 3 Premier Division players and he deserves consideration for team of the season so far this year. Not just his goals but his all around play.

keating has been outstanding the only one who has shown hes a definite PD level player this year with us. he wont be short of offers come november so hopefully we can get our act together once the window opens

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    191 Posts
    Massive win for pats tonight, you can’t beat a big win after seemingly everything going against you. First Sjöberg coming off injured, then Grivosti getting stretchered off meant a pieces together back 4 for the second half after Pats should’ve scored another 1 or 2 more in the first half. The 3 changes at half time changed how Dundalk looked and they got their goal 2 mins into the half before a truly embarrassing refereeing decision to not send off Malley who instigated a fight between the two teams with this headlock https://twitter.com/ericdonegan1993/...218230790?s=46 Frustratingly Mulraney then reacted and raised his hand to Malley's face which was a correct red card but for the ref to award only a yellow to Malley was laughable. Despite the extra man advantage Dundalk didn’t create much in the way of clear goalscoring opportunities despite their pressure and then Conor Carty managed to squeeze in the winner from what should’ve been an easy block and/or save
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Said so many times that I don't like to pile on the officials but it was embarrassing tonight, some going that we still won.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Was in Turners Cross tonight, worst refereeing performance I’ve ever seen and I’m 40 years watching LOI. Although Drogheda was nearly as bad, same ref. Shocking.

Also Cork are garbage, struggled badly to beat 8 men. Well done lads, UCD will finish ahead of you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreRovers View Post
    Was in Turners Cross tonight, worst refereeing performance I’ve ever seen and I’m 40 years watching LOI. Although Drogheda was nearly as bad, same ref. Shocking.

Also Cork are garbage, struggled badly to beat 8 men. Well done lads, UCD will finish ahead of you.
    they wont though. they arent making up any double digit gap.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    191 Posts
    I see the bald lad is now doing everything he can to raise Pats electricity bill

https://twitter.com/jamesrogersie/st...814740481?s=46
    Paaatrick's Agletic

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    191 Posts
    Cork fans signing songs about a 9 year old boy with cancer is just about the lowest of the low. One of the most disgusting things I’ve heard of from any football clubs fans ever. Pure vile human beings if you can call them that

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/...-41149015.html
    Paaatrick's Agletic

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    I try not to talk too much about other clubs fans because there's obviously good people at every club but the cork fans chanting about Bradley's son should be hung, drawn and quartered. That's as low as it gets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    what kind of twisted person(s) do you have to be to even have something like that on your mind to throw at someone after a football game? havent any idea can the gardai do anything but hopefully they can. ***** should have the whole book thrown at them

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    That is absolutely f'ing disgusting behaviour. I hope Cork can identify and ban them. I've never been a huge Bradley fan but I sympathise with him completely.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Its the society we live in,respect long gone and you get people feeling comfortable saying stuff like that over a stupid game of football,shocking.....
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    Only had one eye on the game in Cork so was surprised to hear it was three men sent off instead of two, since the LOITV red card graphic only has room for the two reds...

Watching back it's hard to be definitive about any of the reds cause it was carnage. Replay on Towell is inconclusive though there's a sliver of a suggestion he stuck a boot in.

But, on the basis that the ref clearly wasn't having any dissent, Kenny (in particular) and Hoare were a bit foolish. Kenny got his first yellow for basically losing it point blank at the lino 30 seconds after coming on. Hoare was clearly frustrated, and the second yellow was a bit tight, but Rovers had lost their heads.

Pretty sure Lopes' and Kavanagh's yellows were both for dissent too, but by then we were really into chaos stages.

The reports about the singing are very grim, hope Cork get whoever's responsible identified and booted out for good.
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    mark mccadden has a clip of towells red, yeah looks like we bought that one. bit of luck is nice for once

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    The Cork fans chanting re: Bradley's young lad sounds particularly horrific.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd2793 View Post
    mark mccadden has a clip of towells red, yeah looks like we bought that one. bit of luck is nice for once

Saw that alright. Looks like a free out. Not sure how the lino or ref could have even been sure of it if something had actually happened. Neither would have had a clear view.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast