Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Wexford FC v Longford

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    457 Posts

Wexford FC v Longford

Hugely disappointing result for Wexford this evening in a game which they had to win to keep in touch with the race for the play-off places. Wexford started with Charlie, Ben, Ethan, Brandon, Dobbsy, Mark, Matt, Corban, Kian, Reece and Conor Levo. First forty minutes of the first half passed by without a decent effort on goal from either side. On 13 minutes, a Longford corner almost produced a goal when Wexford couldn’t clear the ball, but it was booted off the Wexford goal-line before the ball crossed the line. Wexford probably looked the better of the two teams up till then but both sides were guilty of pretty aimless thumping of the ball in the general direction of their forwards. The game radically changed, however, on 41 minutes when a routine cross into the Wexford box induced Charlie Heffernan in the Wexford goal to come and attempt to claim it, but before he did so BOBW got there first and headed it into the empty Wexford net for 1-0 to the away side. It got worse for Wexford two minutes later when Jamal Ibrahim got the better of Wexford’s Reece Webb down Wexford’s right and his low cross was turned home at the near post by Longford’s Giurgi for 2-0 to Longford. Wexford then had two really good chances to get at least one goal back but Dobbsy couldn’t finish past Harrington in the Longford goal when put through and then Mark Hanratty shot tamely wide when also put through on the Longford goal and Wexford went in 2-0 down at half-time when equality on the scoreline would probably have been a fairer reflection of what had happened in the half.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    457 Posts
    Wexford brought on Danny Furlong and Darragh Levo at half-time and Wexford applied a good deal of pressure to get a goal back. But other than a deflected shot by Ethan Boyle which went over the Longford crossbar for a corner, Harrington wasn’t really put under any pressure at all. Game was killed off on seventeen minutes when Longford’s Ibrahim was let run an extraordinarily long way across Wexford’s defence without being tackled, and his short pass to BOBW at the far post gave him an easy finish for 3-0 to Longford. Game meandered aimlessly from then until full-time with Wexford looking as if they could have been there until tomorrow before scoring. 3-0 to Longford at the end with some structural deficiencies evident in the Wexford team including a soft defensive underbelly conceding goals too easily and plenty of possession in the final third without threatening the opponent’s goal. Crowd is believed to have been 424.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ForzaForth View Post
    Wexford brought on Danny Furlong and Darragh Levo at half-time and Wexford applied a good deal of pressure to get a goal back. But other than a deflected shot by Ethan Boyle which went over the Longford crossbar for a corner, Harrington wasn’t really put under any pressure at all. Game was killed off on seventeen minutes when Longford’s Ibrahim was let run an extraordinarily long way across Wexford’s defence without being tackled, and his short pass to BOBW at the far post gave him an easy finish for 3-0 to Longford. Game meandered aimlessly from then until full-time with Wexford looking as if they could have been there until tomorrow before scoring. 3-0 to Longford at the end with some structural deficiencies evident in the Wexford team including a soft defensive underbelly conceding goals too easily and plenty of possession in the final third without threatening the opponent’s goal. Crowd is believed to have been 424.
    I was pleasantly surprised by us considering our poor performance last week. I stayed over last night and didnt realise that Ferrycarrig is pratically 5 miles out of Wexford as I got a taxi! From reading yer program Elaine I believe that ye have a lot of injuries
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    457 Posts
    Hope you enjoyed your stay, Marty. By the way, I'm not Elaine - wrong gender anyway!

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ForzaForth View Post
    Hope you enjoyed your stay, Marty. By the way, I'm not Elaine - wrong gender anyway!
    Apologises why on earth did I think that ? Must have too many drinks the last time I spoke to Elaine Colfer! I love Wexford -very relaxed. Next time Im travelling down I will go by Wexford bus instead of Bus Eireann!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?