Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Games weekend 19th May

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Genuine question - how many clubs have a rebuild year in the First Division where they're full time? Harps are six points off the playoff spots with the second worst goal difference.

Harps chairman on about how 4 year deal for the manager and 2 year deal for (some) players has nothing to do with money and is about giving those lads security, but that's all well and good until you realise that some lads are ****e and you need them off your books. I'm not saying you should slash the budget entirely, but seems strange how full on they've gone.

Only reason I've kept beating this drum is because anytime I saw any criticism of the club or manager on social media the chairman was quickly on the case and was backed up by his merry men. I've seen some Harps people giving criticism of late which seems like things are turning some bit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cláirseach View Post
    Harps have a collection of players who aren't up to it but they're also really poorly set up and extremely disorganised. Going on about Ollie Horgan again is complete deflection and embarassing to read.
    It's entirely relevant. It's not on about Ollie Horgan as a person, or a manager, it's entirely relevant to the discussion that we haven't a pot to p!ss in because of last seasons overspending.

Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    Genuine question - how many clubs have a rebuild year in the First Division where they're full time? Harps are six points off the playoff spots with the second worst goal difference.

Harps chairman on about how 4 year deal for the manager and 2 year deal for (some) players has nothing to do with money and is about giving those lads security, but that's all well and good until you realise that some lads are ****e and you need them off your books. I'm not saying you should slash the budget entirely, but seems strange how full on they've gone.

Only reason I've kept beating this drum is because anytime I saw any criticism of the club or manager on social media the chairman was quickly on the case and was backed up by his merry men. I've seen
    some Harps people giving criticism of late which seems like things are turning some bit.
    Nobody is above criticism, not least the current manager or the board. Plenty of mistakes have been made, and plenty are being made.

Harps aren't entirely full time either.

And I'd wager that those contracts have plenty of clauses in them to get rid of players in the event that it's not working out.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    It's entirely relevant. It's not on about Ollie Horgan as a person, or a manager, it's entirely relevant to the discussion that we haven't a pot to p!ss in because of last seasons overspending.
    Are you stating that Harps made a loss last season as a result of an increased expenditure? To be clear, the current chairman who has laid out this new direction for the club was appointed in February 2022, before last season. If I recall correctly profits were recorded for the previous seasons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cláirseach View Post
    Are you stating that Harps made a loss last season as a result of an increased expenditure? To be clear, the current chairman who has laid out this new direction for the club was appointed in February 2022, before last season. If I recall correctly profits were recorded for the previous seasons.
    I can't say how much profit or loss was made until accounts are made public. There's more to a board than the chairman however.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    edited
    Last edited by cláirseach; 20/05/2023 at 7:21 PM. Reason: rudeness

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinkicker View Post
    All Bohs in the second half. They have come back to level 2-2 in the 87th minute and the Co commentator say Bohs are "probably" the better team in this half.
    As soon as Bohs got 1, everyone around me agreed it was only a matter of time for them to score again, from 2-0 up and cruising we just about hung on.

Confidence is low at Dundalk and fuelled by some strange decisions in game management in the last 2 matches.

Bohs were well worth that point.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123