Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Good Cork City Match to take the kids too?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    500 Posts

Good Cork City Match to take the kids too?

Putting this in here to avoid ridicule in the proper forum.

I took my lads to Cork v Waterford in the Pairc a few weeks ago and it was a nice day out, we all enjoyed it, so I think it might be time to revisit Turners Cross after what, a decade?

What's a good match to take them to? I'm in no rush, happy to wait for a good un.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    probably better holding off til rovers come to town. best team in the league and they'll bring a crowd so atmosphere should be good. city are horrendous, so bringing the kids to a game against sligo or someone wont be the best as id expect the crowds to start dropping off big time now. rovers should still be a draw for the casual fan.

3. Thanks From:

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    851 Posts
    Depends on their age I suppose, I remember Limerick playing Manchester City in a friendly in Thomond Park a few years ago & when a group of players who probably never went on to play for the real Man City knocked in their fifth, I remember a little boy crying behind me & associating us with shi tty play & ensuing heartbreak forever more. Probably not the seed Limerick planned to plant that day.

Cork have had a poor start, picking out a win for the lads to watch would be my plan but its not a simple task at the moment unless you wait in hope for a favourable FAICup draw.

Beyond that, Shamrock Rovers, Derry or Bohs are the glamour these days. UCD is probably a winnable home game but they have no following, so no atmosphere either.
    Stephen Kenny Saviour, Leader, Winner, An Autobiography - In All Good Bookstores Now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    500 Posts
    Thanks lads. I didn't realise Cork were playing badly at the moment. Perhaps I should take them to see Ramblers instead, they seem to be doing ok. Geographically, Cobh is closer, unless you include Youghal or Midleton!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    772 Posts
    Id take them to any game tbh. Its a very welcoming place for families - I take my oldest young fella (9) and his brother will start going soon (4) . Corky the mascot will be just inside the turnstile for a pic. There's even an ice cream van if the weather is good. Few food options although not great on that front. Plenty good seating with as much or as little space around you as you wish - albeit the Shamrock Rovers game will be busier. The Sligo Rovers game on the 19th May would be an ideal starting point imo. Enjoy if you do go!

7. Thanks From: