Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Games Friday 12th to Monday 15th May

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiki Balboa View Post
    Actually think both red cards were justified for Cork. The first red card was just so stupid by the cork player - you are already on a yellow and you drag the striker down like that? Its soft but cynical and unnecessary and always picks up a yellow. The second red is harder to see, but definitely think the ref got it right. Cork lad jumps in from an angle and he follows through into Doyles knee. Ball was there to be won for the cork lad, a bit of discipline was all that was needed. Overall, the two Cork players only have themselves to blame - both were on the halfway line and in no danger, and could have been avoided.
    Ah I'm not sure Coleman's was a red KB, looked a fair old swipe, but not too dissimilar to Benson v Rovers, prob same spot too and not unlike same bench reaction aswell, both were yellows for me.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Oriel badly needs a camera on that side of the ground,missing out on alot of better angles! Fwiw it looked harsh from the angle I seen it but maybe there’s a better view for people standing over that side…..
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Some comeback from dundalk to be fair to them. Dundalk with a win on Monday in derry could go second.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Ah I'm not sure Coleman's was a red KB, looked a fair old swipe, but not too dissimilar to Benson v Rovers, prob same spot too and not unlike same bench reaction aswell, both were yellows for me.

I think your view would be fair. Its a debatable decision, even though I lean one side, could see arguments for the other.

Altogether, hardly the most egregious decision.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
    Judging purely from the LOI highlights Cork only created one chance and scored whereas Dundalk created 5/6, even if they apparent played poor.
    On the UCD-Rovers highlights those marmite commentators at Belfield were on form again. The main commentator didn’t realise a goal had been scored and had to be informed by his co-commentator. And it was clear as day! It was the 1st time I burst out laughing at football highlights in a long while.
    The same guy had another gas one where he was praising Graham Burke’s fine gentlemanly behaviour because he placed the ball on the six yard line for a kick out. ?
    Just looking at LOITV highlights now, of course making use of the 2 men sent off, but for almost all of the 8 added mins Dundalk kept going wide and on the ground, patient build ups with decent crosses in from both sides, and both goals came from quality balls in, it was a fully deserved win.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiki Balboa View Post
    I think your view would be fair. Its a debatable decision, even though I lean one side, could see arguments for the other.

Altogether, hardly the most egregious decision.

Looking again at Coleman sending off, I think the Doyle was going to be clean through down the wing so maybe that changes things a little on my initial view, Coleman did get the ball but he also took Doyle out, but ref's only get one look !
    Last edited by oriel; 13/05/2023 at 12:04 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    For the UCD v Dundalk game they covered IPA / Spice Bags / Cheese and other delicacies, even mentioned Harp Larger and 'do they still brew Macardles Ale up in Dundalk? All during non stoppage parts while the game was in full flow.
    There was other bizarre tangents in the UCD-Rovers highlights too, I didn’t even mention them all. There was a corner at one point and he was most focused on the fact that the sun would be shining in the taker’s eyes rather than anything else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legendz View Post
    Any screen grab from the the start of the 2nd half when the ball came down off the Kerry crossbar that looked close of being in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    For the UCD v Dundalk game they covered IPA / Spice Bags / Cheese and other delicacies, even mentioned Harp Larger and 'do they still brew Macardles Ale up in Dundalk? All during non stoppage parts while the game was in full flow.
    They had an unusual catch phrase they used whenever a player was booked , something like “.. he’s the latest to join the French cycling club as he gets a carte jaune…”

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    The UCD commentators are something else. "THE CHALLENGE WAS OUTSIDE THE SHAGGING BOX" from the Sligo game will do well to be topped this season, there was another game a few weeks ago where they only seemed to be half-joking that there was a conspiracy to never award them a penalty.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Main comms lad is that Declan fella, does a loi chat show on Dublin City fm, he’s a real loi fan, mad as they come, I think he’s a great bloke.used to be him, a rovers lad and another fella going off all angles with completely daft opinions.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermobohs View Post
    Main comms lad is that Declan fella, does a loi chat show on Dublin City fm, he’s a real loi fan, mad as they come, I think he’s a great bloke.used to be him, a rovers lad and another fella going off all angles with completely daft opinions.
    Yes that’s him. I think I mistakenly called him Dave earlier but you’re right it’s Declan. Funny thing is he actually has a quite unique voice, which is decent for commentary, but his observations are completely bizarre half the time. I find it hilarious entertainment tho.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    The UCD commentary lads remind me of their d4 rugby brethren who went viral a few years ago. Remember the voice notes about “greatest horseplay of all time” and “absolute carnage” etc. Some thought those voice notes were hilarious, while others thought they were just posh gits.
    Maybe folks from that part of the country just divide opinion…

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Paul cooks Chesterfield 25 mins of extratime away from promotion to football league. Winning 2 to 1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    They had an unusual catch phrase they used whenever a player was booked , something like “.. he’s the latest to join the French cycling club as he gets a carte jaune…”
    Next time Dundalk not playing on a Friday or whenever I've a free match, I'm definitely tuning into the UCD home games for the comedy, these two are almost like a 20's version of a (posh) Saint N Greavsie !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Next time Dundalk not playing on a Friday or whenever I've a free match, I'm definitely tuning into the UCD home games for the comedy, these two are almost like a 20's version of a (posh) Saint N Greavsie !!
    Just for the record the two UCD commentators accents wouldn’t be regarded as top notch Clonskeagh/D4 accents…. ?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    Just for the record the two UCD commentators accents wouldn’t be regarded as top notch Clonskeagh/D4 accents…. ?
    Does Declan’s co-star change a bit? I noticed a different voice in the previous game against Dundalk, with a much stronger d4 accent…

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Shels 2 up in Sligo....
    Last edited by joey B; 13/05/2023 at 7:38 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Treaty hammering Longford,miles better than them tonight......

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
    The UCD commentary lads remind me of their d4 rugby brethren who went viral a few years ago. Remember the voice notes about “greatest horseplay of all time” and “absolute carnage” etc. Some thought those voice notes were hilarious, while others thought they were just posh gits.
    Maybe folks from that part of the country just divide opinion…
    The lad Declan isint though, he does another show on dcfm where he covers other sports and I mean really not mainstream , and is fairly knowledgeable on all. I am as working class dub as you’re going to get and I never find his commentary or other shows anything but informative. Comes across a solid bloke.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast