Waterford v Wexford 15:00
    Cobh v Kerry 17:00
    Longford v Galway 19:30
    Finn Harps v Athlone 20:00

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    652 Posts
    Big double weekend in such a tight league, Derry with Duffy and Whelan back will fancy their chances of putting a bit of distance between themselves and Rovers but equally a chance for Rovers to complete the comeback from an awful start.
    Two very winnable games for the title favourites who could easily be 7 or 8 clear after the weekend, slip ups against UCD or Cork seem unlikely.
    Big game between Drogs and Shels with both looking to try to be looking up the table rather than down.
    The first division is startiong to look like a procession for Waterford and Galway with the only question being who finishs first especially if Waterford go to third place Bray on Friday and win.
    The seven point gap between Galway and Waterford looks a lot but they have to play each other a couple of times yet.
    Rovers need to win both matches badly imo and show we are back to soemthing like we should be

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Harps need to be aiming for 6 points here, especially with our recent turnaround and only losing one of the last 8. I do think squad depth might catch up with us by Monday though as we've been down to bare bones last couple of weeks. 4 points would be adequate imo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,347 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thebronze14 View Post
    Harps need to be aiming for 6 points here, especially with our recent turnaround and only losing one of the last 8. I do think squad depth might catch up with us by Monday though as we've been down to bare bones last couple of weeks. 4 points would be adequate imo
    McCallion was back in training this morning so hopefully that's one body back from a steadily growing injury list.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    652 Posts
    I was in a hurry putting that up earlier, i had meant to make that point re Harps i think there is a real chance for you guys to take 6 points and establish yourselves as definite play off contenders.
    Be nice to see Kerry pick up a win , people wont keep showing up for ever with no sign of progress

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    349 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    I was in a hurry putting that up earlier, i had meant to make that point re Harps i think there is a real chance for you guys to take 6 points and establish yourselves as definite play off contenders.
    Be nice to see Kerry pick up a win , people wont keep showing up for ever with no sign of progress

After the top 2 there is a much of a muchness in the first division as far as I can see,we do look a more solid team in a defensive sense but I remain unconvinced of us going forward,the good thing is there is plenty of time to get it right and hopefully we’ll keep improving…….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    These double game weekend are tough for the part time drogs. Last time we played great on the Friday, winning 1-0 in Derry, and poorly on the Monday, losing 3-1 at home to pats.
    In saying that, something similar again this weekend will do us very nicely :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    The honeymoon phase cannot continue forever. Performances and lessons learned will have to start producing results. Supporters have been very understanding but do need something to shout about! Hopefully now a win isn't too far away.
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Bohs really will be looking at this weekend with aspirations of getting all 6 points up for grabs and putting some distance between them and their rivals.

Really tough weekend for us and I can't help but feel it's a make or break in our season. We need to be worst case scenario taking 4 points but preferably get all 6 points and solidify our title chasing credentials. I can't say I am overly confident from what I have seen this year though and it sounds even more ridiculous that I am worried that both games are home at the Brandywell.

First division cant see Waterford or Galways dropping points this weekend. They are way and above the rest in that league. Think Harps have an opportunity to make a push for a playoff place if they come out of this weekend with 4-6 points.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legendz View Post
    The honeymoon phase cannot continue forever. Performances and lessons learned will have to start producing results. Supporters have been very understanding but do need something to shout about! Hopefully now a win isn't too far away.
    If it did come tomorrow, closing within two points of Treaty would be a real shot in the arm in terms of offering a meaningful target to aim for over this phase of the season, and geeing up the home support for upcoming fixtures.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,347 Posts
    Keeping fingers crossed for 6 points at home this weekend. We're not realistically going to be near Galway or Waterford come the end of the season, but being the best of the rest has to be the target now the squad is starting to settle, and young lads have a little more experience under the belt. Would still be delighted with 5th place and a playoff of some sort, but having seen all the teams, we're no worse than anyone else.

Longford will be well set up, as Henderson always has his teams, but hoping we have too much for them. And we really owe Athlone after our dreadful performance down there at the start of the season.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Someone has to finish third ebhind Galway & Waterford and I can't see an outstanding candidate. It is very open.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfc_legend9 View Post
    Bohs really will be looking at this weekend with aspirations of getting all 6 points up for grabs and putting some distance between them and their rivals.
    Great chance for Bohs to get six points. Will be tough for us at the Brandywell, but hopefully we can make it equally tough for Derry. Redmond looks to be out for the next few weeks anyway, with just having surgery, which is a huge loss for us. Would cheerfully take a point from this.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Personally never write off the students, but I’d be hopeful of 3 points, City will always be a tough game, never been any different but again I’d say the odds favour us.Lots of tricky ties this weekend, interesting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    223 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    Great chance for Bohs to get six points. Will be tough for us at the Brandywell, but hopefully we can make it equally tough for Derry. Redmond looks to be out for the next few weeks anyway, with just having surgery, which is a huge loss for us. Would cheerfully take a point from this.
    Thinking back to last season, after we put four past Pat's in Richmond. A week later, Pat's came to the Brandy, changed tactics and dragged out a boring 0-0 draw. Kind of expect the same tonight really.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Edp sold out no sales tonight last 100 will be gone very soon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufct View Post
    Edp sold out no sales tonight last 100 will be gone very soon
    Delighted for you all (Galway my second city and a soft spot for United). But you do realize that this means you're guaranteed to lose now. Biggest crowd in forever = only one way its going to end

Bohs have to be shooting for 6 points this weekend but its exactly that type of expectation that means we will get 3 or 4.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    Thinking back to last season, after we put four past Pat's in Richmond. A week later, Pat's came to the Brandy, changed tactics and dragged out a boring 0-0 draw. Kind of expect the same tonight really.
    Id take a similar style bus parking for a 0-0 draw tonight but with 3 centre backs out injured there’s only 2 fit ones at the club so playing 5 at the back as was done that night won’t be an option this time round unfortunately unless Clancy opts to play people out of position which he hasn’t really done in the past in defensive positions
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    Id take a similar style bus parking for a 0-0 draw tonight but with 3 centre backs out injured there’s only 2 fit ones at the club so playing 5 at the back as was done that night won’t be an option this time round unfortunately unless Clancy opts to play people out of position which he hasn’t really done in the past in defensive positions
    Could play Curtis in the back 3 and the Swedish lad as the right wing back but it's unlikely.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    Delighted for you all (Galway my second city and a soft spot for United). But you do realize that this means you're guaranteed to lose now. Biggest crowd in forever = only one way its going to end

Bohs have to be shooting for 6 points this weekend but its exactly that type of expectation that means we will get 3 or 4.
    I think keeping expectations high is good. If you let expectations slip the narrow wins we're seeing can quickly become draws and losses. But you do need to be realistic in so far as neither team will be a pushover so aim for 6 but realise that if you get 3 or 4 it's not necessarily a bad result

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast