Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Games weekend 5th 6th May

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    No harm but I aint gonna look back to have analyse that claim, its done and dusted. Buuuttt if the ref was playing advantage to Rovers in that phase of play then incompetence is not what youd call it.... Never say never in LoI but I think you may be throwing a cat among the pigeons just to see the scuffle on this one! Maybe there was a shadow of a player around or near the box that fouled in the lead up, obstructing the assistants view of the peno cliam
    I had a look back on the incident last night after seeing the post above and there's no indication the ref played advantage as was no foul in the immediate build up and the game didn't restart with a free kick after the penalty claim was turned down so this claim seems to be nonsense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Game re-started with a free out for Rovers just outside the area following a yellow card for a Bohs player. 100%. So not nonsense.
    No One Likes Us, We Don't Care

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    We obviously differ on how players acting up should be dealt with by a club and manager. There have been quite a number of players that were at Dundalk over the years, in batches at times, and professional is not a term youd put beside their name unless it was prodessional waster. They were dealt with with in house policies on discipline and codes of conduct. Unless every player is problematic I think a scattergun attempt, publically rollciking players, can do damage including the negative publicity for the club - why should supporters bother if its publically said that players couldnt be bothered. You wouldnt get the happiest man in the LoI, Ollie Horgan having a public pop at his players, but I'll bet he was effective dealing with lads lacking professionalism, they'd shape up or be out on their ear and imo it shows current and future signings that there is no joke shop.
    The Kerry manager was speaking to the local media and there was a full honesty in what he was saying. Discussions have been had in private also. Speaking out publicly depends on the situation. In the context of the discussion with the local media, they were fair comments. The players cannot have any complaints and if they are honest, they will respond in the right way. The manager took full responsibility for the horror show in Galway. That was on him.
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trevy View Post
    I had a look back on the incident last night after seeing the post above and there's no indication the ref played advantage as was no foul in the immediate build up and the game didn't restart with a free kick after the penalty claim was turned down so this claim seems to be nonsense.
    Are you sure you watched it back? The ball was in Pohls hands after the incident , a bohs player was booked , rovers made a sub and the ref told Pohls where to put the ball down. Whatever the free was for must have come from the linesman.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    If I'm wrong I stand corrected but on the clip I saw it wasn't clear the ref was playing advantage or what the free and yellow was for unless it was well before the Rovers player passed the ball to Afolabi as there was no foul on that Rovers player. Either way it was terrible refereeing as he should have blown straight away when Rovers lost the ball instead of ignoring Afolabi being brought down and causing the controversy.

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    Dundalk fans could only wish their club could participate in No Mow May.
    Touché!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    Are you sure you watched it back? The ball was in Pohls hands after the incident , a bohs player was booked , rovers made a sub and the ref told Pohls where to put the ball down. Whatever the free was for must have come from the linesman.
    Some of your inciteful video still analyss might be needed here Asterix!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trevy View Post
    I'll make no comment on penalty claims or refereeing standards but the bolded bit above is clearly wrong and is what I was referencing. To be fair TV and print media seem to have almost totally missed this too.
    No One Likes Us, We Don't Care

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Dundalk's former assistant to the regional manager says it wasn't a peno. So that's it wrapped up now and we can all move on.
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreRovers View Post
    I'll make no comment on penalty claims or refereeing standards but the bolded bit above is clearly wrong and is what I was referencing. To be fair TV and print media seem to have almost totally missed this too.
    From my point of view there was no foul in the build up to the Afolabi chance/penalty claim. The free was given in the aftermath of that where roughly half of the Bohs team crowded the ref to claim for the penalty and the resulting free & booking was given for dissent in an attempt to restore order to proceedings. I don't think any Rovers player called for a foul in the build up and the ref never signalled advantage or blew the whistle in an attempt to stop play until well after the challenge on Afolabi when he was crowded by Bohs players. Why he only booked one of the many players who surrounded him we'll never know. It could be that the player in question said something particularly egregious or it could be that the ref felt any more was excessive or it could just be garden variety incompetence.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    Eh, Jonathan Roche?? That fella had an opinion on everything and everyone.
    don’t think he’s active moaning decisions online? Absolutely open to correction, but Dan appears to be in a league of his own ?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456