Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Games weekend 5th 6th May

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    There's been a lot of analysis of the penalty decision in Tallaght but looking back at the replays, that doesn't seem to be the decision that was made. There was a tackle on Gary O'Neill in the lead up to the penalty claim that the ref adjudged to be a foul worthy of a yellow card. He let the play progress and then went back to the original foul, booked the Bohs player for the tackle and gave Rovers a free out. Not sure why he let play go on as hard to see how there could have been any advantage to Rovers but it looks it was largely irrelevant whether or not Cleary got the ball.

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by De Town View Post
    I think I'd rather be consigned to a lifetime of being deaf than stick an episode of his podcast on.
    5 lifetimes for me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    No but listening to him (and not just friday) confirms it. Again I've no problem with that but when you are supposed to be a professional TV pundit doing analysis but you lose the plot because your team loses that's where it becomes stupid
    Cawley is not a Bohs man, he is a Cawley man. He is paid to give his opinions and giving it the Dunphy makes for good tv and plenty of gigs. Doesn’t mean he is always wrong in what he says. He was spot on about the quality of refereeing Friday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Most I expected with 5 out injured and still in re-build mode was a draw, so a great nights work.
    We had 5 players go off with injuries during the game to add to the others already out. Hopefully none of them are too serious.

Decent game. Thought we had the better of the chances in the first half and looked really good first 15 of second half but Dundalk gad the better of it after that.

Thats 3 games where at half time we were saying it’s going to be 1-0 to someone. Lost to Bohs and Dundalk at home and won at Pats.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dlhoop View Post
    There's been a lot of analysis of the penalty decision in Tallaght but looking back at the replays, that doesn't seem to be the decision that was made. There was a tackle on Gary O'Neill in the lead up to the penalty claim that the ref adjudged to be a foul worthy of a yellow card. He let the play progress and then went back to the original foul, booked the Bohs player for the tackle and gave Rovers a free out. Not sure why he let play go on as hard to see how there could have been any advantage to Rovers but it looks it was largely irrelevant whether or not Cleary got the ball.
    No harm but I aint gonna look back to have analyse that claim, its done and dusted. Buuuttt if the ref was playing advantage to Rovers in that phase of play then incompetence is not what youd call it.... Never say never in LoI but I think you may be throwing a cat among the pigeons just to see the scuffle on this one! Maybe there was a shadow of a player around or near the box that fouled in the lead up, obstructing the assistants view of the peno cliam

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dlhoop View Post
    Sssshh, don't be letting little things like the facts get in the way of a social media crusade to rewrite events. All kidding aside, a few people said that to me but I haven't gone back to check myself so cant validate it.

Either way, Rovers were without doubt comfortable and the better team for the vast majority of the game & always looked the more likely to win it, which is exactly what happened. Credit to bohs, a big improvement on the run-around they got a few weeks ago in Dalymount, I genuinely wasn't expecting them to be as well organised so soon after the last game, and credit to Devine for having the cop on to call it as it is and not fall into the Keith Long trap of attempting to appease the bohs grandstand by making outrageous claims to deflect from poor tactics & inferior quality. I have far more respect to Devine's ability that I ever had for Longs & suspect given time will put a far more decent face on that bohs team than Long ever did.
    Last edited by Peaky Blinder; 08/05/2023 at 7:35 AM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    That’s interesting I hadn’t realised.
    Big question then is why did he allow play develop when bohs were attacking? Mad stuff, causes confusion and brings trouble on himself.if it’s worth a yellow it’s should be blown up there’s no benefit to rovers playing on?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legendz View Post
    A lazy comment. Kerry do have some senior players. If you were manager, you would have obvious expectations from the senior players with experience.
    Go away with your lazy comment. It's a terrible look for a new LOI team less than 3 months with an inexperienced manager already publicly mouthing off on the few experienced players who he recruited and who are not exactly big shakes in the LOI anyway some stuff in new clubs should be sorted in house if the manager has any legitimate issues
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Peaky Blinder View Post
    Sssshh, don't be letting little things like the facts get in the way of a social media crusade to rewrite events. All kidding aside, a few people said that to me but I haven't gone back to check myself so cant validate it.

Either way, Rovers were without doubt comfortable and the better team for the vast majority of the game & always looked the more likely to win it, which is exactly what happened. Credit to bohs, a big improvement on the run-around they got a few weeks ago in Dalymount, I genuinely wasn't expecting them to be as well organised so soon after the last game, and credit to Devine for having the cop on to call it as it is and not fall into the Keith Long trap of attempting to appease the bohs grandstand by making outrageous claims to deflect from poor tactics & inferior quality. I have far more respect to Devine's ability that I ever had for Longs & suspect given time will put a far more decent face on that bohs team than Long ever did.
    Devine has enough else to be moaning about with Bohs trying to get their home fixtures switched this month for their part in No Mow May...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by total hoofball View Post
    Go away with your lazy comment. It's a terrible look for a new LOI team less than 3 months with an inexperienced manager already publicly mouthing off on the few experienced players who he recruited and who are not exactly big shakes in the LOI anyway some stuff in new clubs should be sorted in house if the manager has any legitimate issues
    Agreed! Its always a bad look when a manager publically castigates their players at any level. It mostly precedes a managers exit when they are eithe desperate or dont care and are looking to get the sack. I doubt either situation fits for a newbie LoI club barely a 1/3 of a season old.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by total hoofball View Post
    What was inaccurate about the manager's comments?

Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Agreed! Its always a bad look when a manager publically castigates their players at any level. It mostly precedes a managers exit when they are eithe desperate or dont care and are looking to get the sack. I doubt either situation fits for a newbie LoI club barely a 1/3 of a season old.
    Are you saying that conceding the same sloppy goals over and over is a good look?
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    What was inaccurate about the manager's comments?

Are you saying that conceding the same sloppy goals over and over is a good look?
    Nope, im saying publically castigating players is not a good look.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    Nope, im saying publically castigating players is not a good look.
    Given the rumours around the ground on Friday about the professionalism or lack of it from what appears to be a number of players I'd say he's just right. Doesn't say much for us only scrapping by them Friday but they look a really poor side.
    BetweenTheStripes.net - Home of Between the Stripes LOI podcast.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Hows the SRFC academy wonderkid loanee getting on? Was it ever figured out how an amatuer club could take a pro on loan?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Hows the SRFC academy wonderkid loanee getting on? Was it ever figured out how an amatuer club could take a pro on loan?
    * incoming for Kerry

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    We had 5 players go off with injuries during the game to add to the others already out. Hopefully none of them are too serious.

Decent game. Thought we had the better of the chances in the first half and looked really good first 15 of second half but Dundalk gad the better of it after that.

Thats 3 games where at half time we were saying it’s going to be 1-0 to someone. Lost to Bohs and Dundalk at home and won at Pats.
    Good Game,even stevens for most but Dundalk defended well(for once) and i thought we just shaded it.
    Sligo got a bit impatient 2nd half(Muller cleared otl and Shepps saved x 2) and Dundalk took advantage of that. Wardy's late goal a testement to the old adage "keep an eye on that wee bolxox"

We've a bit of a head of steam now and staying below the radar. Cork game big now and a few of the injured on the mend. Next few games massive for us. Cork(H),Derry(A),Bohs(H)

EDIT: Paul McLaughlin,ref in this match excellent 10/10
    Last edited by ToberonaTornado; 09/05/2023 at 12:51 AM. Reason: ref

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Given the rumours around the ground on Friday about the professionalism or lack of it from what appears to be a number of players I'd say he's just right.
    Exactly. Noone can have any complaints.
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    * incoming for Kerry
    Well they have to earn their LoI spurs!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Exactly. Noone can have any complaints.
    We obviously differ on how players acting up should be dealt with by a club and manager. There have been quite a number of players that were at Dundalk over the years, in batches at times, and professional is not a term youd put beside their name unless it was prodessional waster. They were dealt with with in house policies on discipline and codes of conduct. Unless every player is problematic I think a scattergun attempt, publically rollciking players, can do damage including the negative publicity for the club - why should supporters bother if its publically said that players couldnt be bothered. You wouldnt get the happiest man in the LoI, Ollie Horgan having a public pop at his players, but I'll bet he was effective dealing with lads lacking professionalism, they'd shape up or be out on their ear and imo it shows current and future signings that there is no joke shop.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts
    Devine has enough else to be moaning about with Bohs trying to get their home fixtures switched this month for their part in No Mow May...
    Dundalk fans could only wish their club could participate in No Mow May.

22. Thanks From:

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast