Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Games weekend 5th 6th May

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    RTE shouldnt have Crawley doing Rovers games , he has no concept of professional objectivity,
    He's a bohs supporter full stop, goes to their games.
    Given the attention LOI gets in RTE they probably dont care
    Cawley is a Sligo man surely ?
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

2. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    Cawley is a Sligo man surely ?
    Brings his kid to a lot of Bohs games.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Frustrated Kerry FC boss Billy Dennehy calls out under-performing senior players after Longford loss

Some harsh words from Dennehy.

Murmurings that some players were shown the door on Friday but just rumour for now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    Sometimes you need an auld wagon circle Nesta. We have people claiming the game was rigged and the bohs COO taking to Twitter to have a moan as if they were robbed of a win. Completely over the top stuff when you consider the game as a whole. They were well beaten on the night regardless of the officials who got calls wrong for both sides.

Devine spent a good amount of time on the penalty call too but I'd agree he comes across well for the most part. If he had a clinical striker they'd have scored one. Not sure about Afolabi.
    Its a moot point but the Clarke goal chalked off, correctly and the possibility of Afolabi peno and its not well beaten - result still up in the air. I dont think you can strictly call a better performing side (didnt dominate for 90) as outright winners if those calls had been given. As for rigged result - pure bs that doesnt deserve any air, Bohs directors are hardly known for rising above pettiness and avoiding the sour grapes. If I were a Rovers fan (ugh!) a good chunk of satisfaction would always come from the dumy spitting by Bohs admin - its great fun as not a Rovers fan, them and Drogheda have been masters at the small club snipe over the years!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    Frustrated Kerry FC boss Billy Dennehy calls out under-performing senior players after Longford loss

Murmurings that some players were shown the door on Friday but just rumour for now.
    The honeymoon phase is well and truly over. Repeated mistakes over and over. Very frustrating. The younger players who have been part of the youth teams in recent years are showing the desire required. Some experienced players are not performing. You would have thought the more experience the better but it's not happening.
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Its a moot point but the Clarke goal chalked off, correctly and the possibility of Afolabi peno and its not well beaten - result still up in the air. I dont think you can strictly call a better performing side (didnt dominate for 90) as outright winners if those calls had been given. As for rigged result - pure bs that doesnt deserve any air, Bohs directors are hardly known for rising above pettiness and avoiding the sour grapes. If I were a Rovers fan (ugh!) a good chunk of satisfaction would always come from the dumy spitting by Bohs admin - its great fun as not a Rovers fan, them and Drogheda have been masters at the small club snipe over the years!
    Clarke was onside when Kenny headed the ball (kept on by the player who jumped with Kenny) and we had our own strong peno claim denied. If you watch the entire game again in the cold light of day it was pretty comfortable for a derby. Bohs deserved maybe one goal but we were well worth 2 so I was never really worried to be honest. And I'm usually a nervous wreck! I think we would have scored more if they were chasing as well.
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    RTE shouldnt have Crawley doing Rovers games , he has no concept of professional objectivity,
    He's a bohs supporter full stop, goes to their games.
    Given the attention LOI gets in RTE they probably dont care
    Isn’t Cawley a Sligo supporter?
    I’ve sat close to him before in the west stand at Tallaght. I assume he is a regular at a lot of grounds.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Brings his kid to a lot of Bohs games.
    Had his young lad with him in Tallaght too the time I was sitting near him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
    Isn’t Cawley a Sligo supporter?
    I’ve sat close to him before in the west stand at Tallaght. I assume he is a regular at a lot of grounds.
    He’s 100% a Sligo Rovers supporter,it’s pretty clear if you’ve ever listened to his podcast,his son follows Bohs though which he’s mentioned a few times on it aswell…..
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    Clarke was onside when Kenny headed the ball (kept on by the player who jumped with Kenny) and we had our own strong peno claim denied. If you watch the entire game again in the cold light of day it was pretty comfortable for a derby. Bohs deserved maybe one goal but we were well worth 2 so I was never really worried to be honest. And I'm usually a nervous wreck! I think we would have scored more if they were chasing as well.
    Spot on, we were very comfortable all night. Least nervous I’ve ever been at a derby game, thought we had extra gears we didn’t need.

Some of the decisions that have gone against is in recent years v Bohs were of a magnitude miles head of a marginal offside and a decent penalty shout -Lee Grace sent off when the ball smacked him in the face as an example.

Looking ominous for the rest of the League now with Rovers on fire at both ends of the pitch and with Jack in the form of his life but funnily enough some would rather focus on refereeing than face that fact. So be it.

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    It does to be fair i thought live that cleary had got the ball and it wasnt a pen but i actually said if it was a pen and they lose it will make it even better listening to the whinging.....in fairness LAmbert didnt let me down

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    He’s 100% a Sligo Rovers supporter,it’s pretty clear if you’ve ever listened to his podcast,his son follows Bohs though which he’s mentioned a few times on it aswell…..
    I think I'd rather be consigned to a lifetime of being deaf than stick an episode of his podcast on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    It does to be fair i thought live that cleary had got the ball and it wasnt a pen but i actually said if it was a pen and they lose it will make it even better listening to the whinging.....in fairness LAmbert didnt let me down
    Personally I never give a thought to comments from others as I gave up worrying about what others have to say about us years ago…. However I do agree that a club director making such comments shows a total disregard for the norms/ expected behaviour attached to their office As an aside but also perhaps enlightening is his ‘dress sense’- I saw a photo of him addressing a group of chairpersons from other European clubs recently - his attire could be best described as ‘chic EuroWallace’

Not to judge by appearances etc. but……

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

They've hardly got any senior players they are mostly inexperienced kids! Dennehy sounds like he is happy to throw the very few of the senior players under the bus to cover himself
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Cawley is a native of Sligo whos a huge Sligo Rovers fan whose uncle is a legend at the club Harry McLoughlin. He lives in Dublin now.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    He is originally sligo and still is obviously but lives in dublin and supports bihs with his son. Its not controversial he's allowed do it , he just needs to try to stay professional instead of pileing on a ref for what wasn't an obvious pen without the benefit of replays because he is upset at going behind. I was screaming for affolabi to be booked for diving (pre replays obv) Crawley goes on an anti ref rant and brings in the cork boss who lost his job because of a bad decision apparently......with 9 points from 14 games and losing to UCD.

It's not hard to act professionally but to hard for him

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Cawley is a Sligo fan who wears bohs pyjamas folks. He's completely compromised and has been for a few years now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by total hoofball View Post
    They've hardly got any senior players they are mostly inexperienced kids! Dennehy sounds like he is happy to throw the very few of the senior players under the bus to cover himself
    A lazy comment. Kerry do have some senior players. If you were manager, you would have obvious expectations from the senior players with experience.
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    He is originally sligo and still is obviously but lives in dublin and supports bihs with his son.
    Does bringing his son to matches mean he support Bohs?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
    Does bringing his son to matches mean he support Bohs?
    No but listening to him (and not just friday) confirms it. Again I've no problem with that but when you are supposed to be a professional TV pundit doing analysis but you lose the plot because your team loses that's where it becomes stupid

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast