Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Games weekend 5th 6th May

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    There's really nothing between the vast majority of the First Division. Anyone can beat anyone. Credit to Henderson he had a tough start but the last few weeks the team is coming together. One point behind Wexford who took (I think) six or seven of our starters from last year.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Flicked over to RTE after the Derry match. Jeez but that was a shocking decision not to give Bohs a penalty. As for the offside goal, surely the 6yrd box line should have helped the linesman see it was clearly offside.

A few ridiculous yellow cards in the Derry match too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Rovers deserved the win and its about time a decision or two went our way. In fairness ro divine he said they lost because they didn't defend and didn't take their chances.
    7 wins and a draw is a great reaction to the bad start. We need to push on now

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Not a great performance from Shels tonight but did just about enough to take the 3 points despite a nervy last 10 minutes
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Towell was onside when taken down in the box so I'm pretty miffed we didn't win 3 nil to be honest , I had a few Bob on it

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Bohs were very decent tonight and on balance derserved something yes i think we got the rub of the ahem ...green with the peno and some other decisions. But the mount of times over the years i have said the same thing trapsing out of Dalyer. Brilliant crowd with great support from boths sets of fans. If you had said to me as i stood in the east stand 4 years "down there in the end opposite the Square we will have a new stand and in it will be 2000 season ticket holders" i would have asked what type of weed r u smokin but thats we are and Hopefully Bohs get to have a similar size stadium with the crowds to match in the not too distant future. Where will the Derby go then. Me voice is shot WAR.

7. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingswood Rover View Post
    Bohs were very decent tonight and on balance derserved something yes i think we got the rub of the ahem ...green with the peno and some other decisions. But the mount of times over the years i have said the same thing trapsing out of Dalyer. Brilliant crowd with great support from boths sets of fans. If you had said to me as i stood in the east stand 4 years "down there in the end opposite the Square we will have a new stand and in it will be 2000 season ticket holders" i would have asked what type of weed r u smokin but thats we are and Hopefully Bohs get to have a similar size stadium with the crowds to match in the not too distant future. Where will the Derby go then. Me voice is shot WAR.
    Fair play to you pal , yes a full hopping ground is where it’s at, great to see.
    On the game?penalty no doubts , wtf were the Lino and ref lookin at?
    First goal is offside if, and I stress if the Lino is in line, doubt it.
    As Deccy said ,,if we don’t let those crosses in, and we defend correctly , we don’t lose.
    Good night overall, and proof that we are genuine title contenders I feel

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    Important win for Galway tonight. No lack of effort from the players, and for once got a result in a vital game if front of a big home crowd. Great atmosphere with the Waterford fans giving their team great backing all game. Maybe the first division is not as bad as many make out.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    The absence of our first choice centre halves has really been costing Pats in recent games. Almost cost us 3 points tonight but a couple of cracking second half goals got us out of jail.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Lambert whinging on twitter about the ref, does he not understand he is a club official and needs to stop acting like a random fan with a few pints on him.
    If the Rovers Ceo went on twitter complaing about ref calls I'd ne suggesting he looked for a job somewhere else. Embarrassing stuff, Lee grace got sent off for heading the ball against bohs a few years ago and I don't remember our CEO acting like a spoilt brat who has had his toys taken away. Time for change, the bees and Palestinians can look after themselves

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    852 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Time for change, the bees and Palestinians can look after themselves
    Man needs to blast out some Bob Marley & chill it down yaaa

In other news Treaty on the money again tonight where two goals in ten minutes were the difference between second last & a bout of the sky is falling down by da bishop on here and sixth place giddiness with an eye on higher.
    Stephen Kenny Saviour, Leader, Winner, An Autobiography - In All Good Bookstores Now

13. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Empty vessels make the most noise
    Fair play to devine and his team for their fine start to the season, but thats all it was. we'll take it from here.
    Bohs could make top 4 and thus a good chance of Europe so credit where its due.
    Rovers are playing like a team that knows it's going to win the league and no amount of good, bad or indifferent refereeing decisions is going to change that fact.
    After 13 games my tips for top 4 would be Rovers, bohs, derry and sligo although the order from 2 - 4 is anyones guess.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Candystripe View Post
    A few ridiculous yellow cards in the Derry match too.
    Not sure I'd agree, though some were debatable. Thought McGrath had a good game overall. He let plenty go, and for both sides, which helped the game.

Very happy with the win tonight. Maher was excellent in the second half, and I don't know how Drogs didn't score.
    A result in a venue we've a dreadful record in is good any day of the week.
    Deegan, again, as usual, was great. Deliberately putting the knee into McEneff in the first half was classic. Not nice, but he got away with it. Experience counts there.
    Don't think Drogs will have any issue being in th playoffs this year. They're really impressive for being part time.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    How can we continue to have refereeing performances like that. Killing games. Absolutely sick of it.
    I'm sure for a split second the ref thought about the consequences of giving the penalty.
    1. Penalty
    2. Send defender off
    3. Goal for Bohs
    4. Bohs go on to win
    Nah I'll take the soft seat and give fcku all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts
    Lambert whinging on twitter about the ref, does he not understand he is a club official and needs to stop acting like a random fan with a few pints on him.
    If the Rovers Ceo went on twitter complaing about ref calls I'd ne suggesting he looked for a job somewhere else. Embarrassing stuff, Lee grace got sent off for heading the ball against bohs a few years ago and I don't remember our CEO acting like a spoilt brat who has had his toys taken away. Time for change, the bees and Palestinians can look after themselves
    Eh, Jonathan Roche?? That fella had an opinion on everything and everyone.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    Absolutely delighted to get out of Tralee with a win last night, did our very best to throw it away. A really poor game with an exciting finish. Credit to Kerry they kept coming back. They are an extremely limited side, live for long balls into the box. They are very vulnerable down the flanks, all 3 of our goals came from crosses. First visit to MH Park obviously, pitch is the worst astro I've ever seen, I include local kids pitches in that, the bounce is completely unnatural, hard to understand how it's allowed, good wee atmosphere in the ground when they got the goals, I can see why a big away crowd would be an issue though it's just a flat terrace, you'd have zero chance to seeing the game if there was a big crowd in that shed. Locals very friendly around the local bars etc and stewards and club staff the same. Hope they can continue to get big crowds and can develop facilities a bit more. One thing I have noticed, there's absolutely no presence in the town, you'd have zero idea there was a LOI club but that will take time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Rovers deserved the win and its about time a decision or two went our way. In fairness ro divine he said they lost because they didn't defend and didn't take their chances.
    7 wins and a draw is a great reaction to the bad start. We need to push on now
    Just curious as a neutral (and enjoyed the game I have to say, decent quality) did you think it was a stonewall pen and possible red card SB ? The Afolabi incident.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    I think that Rovers game last night was a fix. Nonother explanation for it if I was Bohs would be very voiciferous in getting that match looked at.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Just curious as a neutral (and enjoyed the game I have to say, decent quality) did you think it was a stonewall pen and possible red card SB ? The Afolabi incident.
    It was a stonewall penalty - Cleary clearly took Afolabi's leg from under him.

Saying that I wouldn't have shown a red card - imo it was a mistimed tackle rather than an intentional effort to bring him down.

I am against VAR - I think it ruins the game. You can't celebrate a goal because you have to wait a minute or more for some individual to make a decision - goes completely against what the game should be about. Its one of the reasons I never watch the PL. Referees will make mistakes - and while the first Rovers goal was offside it is the type of mistake that can happen. These things usually balance out over the season. The penalty decision was atrocious from the referee - that type of decision does not and should not fall into the realm of an acceptable mistake.

1-1 and it would have been a different last half an hour and anythig could have happened.

All in all apart from a scrappy start to the second-half it was a really good game of football. Rovers still have the firepower and the squad size that is hard to challenge (last night they brought Gaffney, Burke, Finn and Hoare off the bench) - but Bohs deserve to be where they are - they are playing good football and will not lose many games this season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    With the benefit of replays I think it was a penalty but watching it live (and I was kinda behind the ref) I thought cleary got the ball first so I can see how the ref doesn't give it. Wouldn't have been a red card as he was clearly going for the ball so would have been a yellow and pen if ref had seen it that way. Crawley is a bohs fan so was ripping at the penalty but never mentioned Towell was onside when taken Down in the box, wouldn't expect anything else from him, he was OTT these things happen. Rovers has pico sent off in the first game of the season for nothing and have had some terrible decisions this season but you have to grow up and take it.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast