Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Games weekend 28th April to 1st of May

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
    You wouldn’t be so confident about Bohs if you had seen them on Friday - they were dreadful. Easily outplayed by UCD. And Drogs the previous week.
    Bohs are only 8 points off 4th. With 24 matches to go I wouldn’t be confident at all of them finishing in the top 3. Maybe Coote coming back will give them an injection though.
    drogs are a good side imo not getting the rub of the green results wise. we (city) are terrible, id be shocked if bohs dont win handy enough. 2-0 in 3rd gear wouldnt surprise me. we were a bit unlucky friday in the first half but 2nd half shels were miles better. we are desperately low on confidence i think it'll be the end of healy if we lose tomorrow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Massive game on Monday Derry city v Shamrock rovers. With Derry putting on a good performance on Friday really looking forward to this one. With Duffy, Whelan and O'Rielly back from injury finally and looking sharp hopefully all three will play most of the game and with Connelly, Fats and Dummigan back training looking forward to the next few months of the season.

Watching the last highlights from Bohs and seeing them in the Brandywell I think they'll be lucky to get 4th but they've had a good start. For me 3rd is between Dundalk and Pats.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Candystripe View Post
    Massive game on Monday Derry city v Shamrock rovers. With Derry putting on a good performance on Friday really looking forward to this one. With Duffy, Whelan and O'Rielly back from injury finally and looking sharp hopefully all three will play most of the game and with Connelly, Fats and Dummigan back training looking forward to the next few months of the season.

Watching the last highlights from Bohs and seeing them in the Brandywell I think they'll be lucky to get 4th but they've had a good start. For me 3rd is between Dundalk and Pats.

dundalk??? id be shocked if they are anywhere near europe come the end of the season. they are a poor side.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts
    Shels will have boyd back sometime in June hopefully (for him) and he might keep them in the hunt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    ...comparing rovers performance last week with anything I’ve seen from Derry so far, they appear to be levels above them performance wise
    Thought the same after our match in Tallaght.

We certainly should have scored from play on Friday. Not taking our chances will cost it over the course of the season.
    Counter to that, we've scored two goals from corners in the last two games, which has been something of a rarity for us recently.
    Also thought the penalty was a foul, albeit Grayson made sure contact was made after he seemed to be losing possession.

Not entirely confident tonight, even if Rovers mightn't haven't played well on Friday. You'd expect them to come at us and play, but I think we're easier to play against by sitting back and hitting us on the break.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Wow! We might have an actual consensus on the worst quality season ever.

Calling top 4 settling in to some sort of order, was premature (patsdad ), tope 3 maybe though I still think Bohs will fade albeit still comfortably european spot imo. Dundalk lucky to get 3 points, Sligo not getting something, UCD nabbing a point v te current table toppers - may not be dead and buried in automatic relegation. Mad that for a bunch of clubs 2 wins and on the coat tails at the top, 2 losses and looking over the shoulder at a playoff spot. Its certainly intriguing but there is a sense that there's a generalised regression of clubs in terms of overall quality. No excuse for Rovers and Derry mind, they should be storming away really - they will in due course but even at this stage consistancy is sketchy still.
    I think Rovers have been very good this season if a little unlucky ‘ less clinical than usual. Poor on Friday but Sligo were very impressive and should have taken all 3 points. Derry are strong and now have Duffy and Whelan back. Bohs picking up points even when not playing well. Pats appear to be too inconsistent like Sligo. Shels won’t score ‘ concede many & I think the other 4 will be bottom 4 (unless Hoban really goes on a run).

massive couple of weeks for the 3 leaders with all facing offf and everyone getting a chance at home

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Ian Ryan going to quickly come under pressure at Bray, shocking run of results including getting smacked by Usher Celtic. A lot of talk about centre back Cole for his goal scoring, but they are shipping goals galore, not sure he's a great defender to be honest. The natives will be getting restless ery quickly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    A fairly comfortable win for Wexford in Waterford, not a single shot on target for the blues, title race effectively over now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    More rubbish from us today. Sligos keeper didn't have a save to make. We're such a poor side. Neil Doyle was poor yet again, missed a load of handballs although I think the sending off was correct. Don't know what Eoin Doyle was thinking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    355 Posts
    Bizzare red card for Cork and a cracking free kick for Bohs in the space of a couple minutes,I’ve no idea what the red card was for and neither did the commentators!
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Bizzare red card for Cork and a cracking free kick for Bohs in the space of a couple minutes,I’ve no idea what the red card was for and neither did the commentators!
    Actually a triple whammy as a few mins earlier the ref blew for a foul when Cork player was through on goal…. Usual never ending risible officiating… and ref also looks overweight

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    Actually a triple whammy as a few mins earlier the ref blew for a foul when Cork player was through on goal…. Usual never ending risible officiating… and ref also looks overweight
    The player sent off was in a clash with Afolabi may have left something on him while on the ground or said something to the ref. I think the former and think the lino possibly spotted it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    I've been more patient than most but Clancy can g'way to he honest. Second season here and he has 3 total wins vs Rovers, Derry, Dundalk and Sligo in over 20 games. Totally reliant on a better squad vs the weakest teams in the league and there's no sign of it improving, the coaching looks miles off it relative to other sides as far as I can see.

1 shot on target in 3 games now. Wasting a lot of the good that's going on with the club off the pitch.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,267 Posts
    Cork can't be as bad as Harps, can they?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    I'm starting to think they might be

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,657 Posts
    Cork were awful. I do think we were better anyway with Flores and Coote back in but Cork offered nothing and the subs made them worse. Lovely strikes from Flores and McManus.

I’ll take a draw from the later game.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    207 Posts
    Ryan Kelliher has at least stepped up to the mark for Kerry when presented with chances, even if they've been very much at a premium so far, Seán McGrath having already shown at Cobh what he's capable of doing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    with healy in charge we are. he'll hopefully be gone tonight. our squad is extremely limited but we have been shambolic most of the season. bohs goal was coming just before the red anyway we hadnt crossed the half way line in 20 mins. far far too negative. drogs are a lot better than us

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Shels were really poor for the first 70 minutes until our equaliser glad to come away with a point from that game in the end
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    When Kerry arrive for matchday, they need to try and park the bus before the wheels come off.
    Treaty are on the playoff train.
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast