Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Weekend 21st to 24th April

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Just on the Wexford I wonder is James Keddy under pressure,seems to have been a big investment down there in the pre season and you wouldn’t know it……

Starting Ethan Boyle in midfield tonight with Conor Levingston on the bench was bizarre,we wouldn’t exactly have a midfield you’d need to counteract with a tough tackling midfielder!
    Has to be, dreadful in longford last week, playing Boyle in there is mental stuff.
    BetweenTheStripes.net - Home of Between the Stripes LOI podcast.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts
    Just looking at the replays of that disallowed Shels goal, it’s 100% a free out, as poor as Shepperd was for it, he managed to get both hands onto the ball just before Barrett connected with it. He essentially kicked it out of his hands which is a free out every time.

I think the Shels peno was a peno also. The shels player knows exactly what he’s doing in trying to win the penalty by getting his body between the ball and the Dundalk player but it’s a foul IMO
    Paaatrick's Agletic

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Important win for Harps in Wexford,were second best in the first half but played alot better in the second,there's 2 teams miles better than the rest and third is where we should be aiming......
    Galway & Waterford already breaking away and it looking like a two horse (possibly even one horse) race for the title & automatic promotion. Doesn't seem to be much between the other 8 teams all capable of taking points off each other. 3rd very achievable if we play to our best consistently but top 5 finish and I'd be reasonably happy. Not sure if promotion this year would be best for the club with the extra investment it would require, be in the mix for playoffs this year and build on that for 2024
    54 Crew-Finn Harps FC Supporters Club
    Following Harps Home & Away
    https://www.facebook.com/54CrewFHFC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Just on the Wexford I wonder is James Keddy under pressure,seems to have been a big investment down there in the pre season and you wouldn’t know it……

Starting Ethan Boyle in midfield tonight with Conor Levingston on the bench was bizarre,we wouldn’t exactly have a midfield you’d need to counteract with a tough tackling midfielder!
    It would make you wonder. Ethan is one of the better defenders in the division, and shoving him into midfield, where he's not exactly renowned for his ball playing capabilities, is a bit mental.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Ethan is one of the better defenders in the division,
    I'm going to have to stop you there.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Bohemian FC very lucky to win in Drogheda. There's nothing special about them at all - quite a mystery as to how they're top of the league. I imagine Rovers will easily overtake them at some point soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Straightstory View Post
    Bohemian FC very lucky to win in Drogheda. There's nothing special about them at all - quite a mystery as to how they're top of the league. I imagine Rovers will easily overtake them at some point soon.
    Scoring goals and winning matches gets you points. We have more points that anyone else. Mystery solved!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Much improved performance from Treaty in Cobh ,better team and should have taken the three points,however one win in ten for Tommy Barrett ,not good enough.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Straightstory View Post
    Definitely wasn't our best performance last night, but managed to dig it out. Coote and Akintunde missing has dented our creativity., hopefully back soon. Not sure how long we can keep the top spot, but if we keep up there by the time of European matches who knows.
    Winning two nil with a sub par performance is a positive in my book.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Longford will be kicking themselves not to win that game tonight,thought they were the better team for alot of it and missed a sitter in the 93rd minute after hitting the bar right before it,Bray not very impressive,will be glad to get out with a point......
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    I'm going to have to stop you there.
    Boyle wouldn't stop a bus

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Good game last night in the Showgrounds. UCD came to play and were a bit unlucky with the 3rd goal which killed them off.

It seems we have two away games in succession over four days on two Bank Holiday weekends. It was mentioned on the BORST podcast. I stand to be corrected but had a look and it seems no other club has this scheduling anomaly. Totally unnecessary and unfair.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohtastic View Post
    Definitely wasn't our best performance last night, but managed to dig it out. Coote and Akintunde missing has dented our creativity., hopefully back soon. Not sure how long we can keep the top spot, but if we keep up there by the time of European matches who knows.
    Winning two nil with a sub par performance is a positive in my book.
    Totally agree, Drogheda played really well and came away with nothing, Bohs dug in to grind out the win. Last year's Bohs would have blown that. I'll settle for that week in week out, but it's not good for my nerves. As you say the test will be when rovers and the others start their European matches.

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    If Rovers win their first round match we are guaranteed 8 (inc first round) midweeks in a row (almost, might be a one week gap) if we make groups anpther 6 although only 3 when the league is on.
    We were blessed to win last year even though it looked comfortable in the end and had an 8 point leed going into Europe..........
    Hard to see us being that far ahead again at this point.
    Thats why for me the slow start has been so frustrating. If we make Groups and Derry are out early then i see Derry winning the league.
    You cant rule Bohs out they are top after 10 games but i feel where we have the minimum points we possobly could have ar this point Bohs have had things go their way.
    Still momentum is huge and they are top so deserving or not to be there they can grow from here

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinkicker View Post
    Totally agree, Drogheda played really well and came away with nothing, Bohs dug in to grind out the win. Last year's Bohs would have blown that. I'll settle for that week in week out, but it's not good for my nerves. As you say the test will be when rovers and the others start their European matches.
    Drogheda created a lot but really lack that clinical edge. There's a few teams like that this year. While Bohs aren't clinical by any means (that may change if Williams starts up front with Afolabi instead of being on the bench) they manage to score a goal most games and that can be enough to win when the other team are less clinical.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Shout out to Colm Whelan, scoring four minutes after coming on for his Derry debut in what was his first match since doing his cruciate last summer

Delighted for him. Hopefully will give Kerrigan at Como a boost ahead of the new season too
    He pass to create the chance was outstanding. Reminded me of a young Paddy McCourt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    He pass to create the chance was outstanding. Reminded me of a young Paddy McCourt.
    High praise indeed!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    11 goals in 6 games for Ronan Coughlan now,Waterford 2 up in 22 minutes at Treaty......
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    Those fixtures for Sligo Rovers over the bank holidays (double round weeks) is really unfair. How could any sporting organisation run a competition like that, so much for the new FAI, only the Dubs football team getting all their games in Croke Park can compare with it.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinkicker View Post
    Drogs are relying on an 18 year old, on loan from Lincoln to get the goals! The likes of Brennan and Markey need to start chipping in with more goals

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast