Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Infraction discussion

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    892 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BOOMSHAKALAKA View Post
    I actually don't think I've read many if any of your posts or recognise your username. So I've no idea who you are or any of your views. So don't worry, I won't waste my time looking up any of your irrelevant posts.
    You see, Boomers, posts like this are why a lot of people just don't like you. I don't like you, and I say that of few people. No doubt you'll come back with some feeble rejoinder to put me in my place.

But I think you know that you won't, though.
    Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!
    - E Tattsyrup.

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    772 Posts
    I think this is the big issue. It seems like the majority picking up warnings and infractions are those who don't rate Kenny's reign. Obviously pro Kenny supporters are reporting posts and annoying mods more so they have to take action. In my view that's a poor reflection on whoever is reporting posts and bad form really. If you don't like posters then put them on ignore, don't be hassling mods who I assume aren't paid and don't need that hassle.
    My contract says I get IR£2.50 per infraction. I should have renegotiated when it went to Euros but that on me I guess.

4. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eminence Grise View Post
    You see, Boomers, posts like this are why a lot of people just don't like you. I don't like you, and I say that of few people. No doubt you'll come back with some feeble rejoinder to put me in my place.

But I think you know that you won't, though.
    Cheer up man, I just don't remember any of your posts. And of course I won't put you back in your place. We're on the internet! People disagree with my posts all the time but I still like them all. Peace and love!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Real ale Madrid View Post
    My contract says I get IR£2.50 per infraction. I should have renegotiated when it went to Euros but that on me I guess.
    You're worth every penny.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    892 Posts
    A Corkman quoting in sterling? You've not been the same since the Queen visited!
    Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!
    - E Tattsyrup.

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    499 Posts
    This is the support forum. If you have a comment on infractions, moderation, etc, work away. If you have a stupid joke or pointless comment, save it for somewhere else.

This thread isn't really going anywhere, I'm closing it tomorrow unless anyone has anything useful to add.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    There's quite a bit of discussion outside of international windows, on player performances, transfer rumours, and so on.

There's a difference between a lie and a mistake. People get called out for making mistakes all the time.

Infractions are discussed by the mods before being awarded, and even after. Infractions have been removed.
    He stated with some authority that Tchouameni was not a regular starter for France to try to belittle my argument that France had made changes vs Ireland. Tchouameni has 23 caps, he's started in 19 of those games. It was a blatant lie, and instead of pulling your mate the liar up, you doubled down on me, with a ridiculous request that I give inside information from the French camp to "prove" that Deschamps changed his tactics from the Netherlands game.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    824 Posts
    I actually don't think I've read many if any of your posts or recognise your username. So I've no idea who you are or any of your views. So don't worry, I won't waste my time looking up any of your irrelevant posts.
    If you learned to write half as well as that man you might learn to get your point across in a way people would care. Eminise Grise is probably the best writer on this forum and his opinions are a lot more respected than most.

But you're obviously very young and think you know everything. Someday you'll grow out of it

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    824 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    And I've had him on my ignore list for years, so outside of his reported posts, I miss about 80% of what he posts.
    Personally I don't think any mod should have any poster on ignore. I understand you want us to report posts to flag them up but still I was surprised to see you say that

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    If you learned to write half as well as that man you might learn to get your point across in a way people would care. Eminise Grise is probably the best writer on this forum and his opinions are a lot more respected than most.

But you're obviously very young and think you know everything. Someday you'll grow out of it
    You missed this post?

Quote Originally Posted by dahamsta View Post
    This is the support forum. If you have a comment on infractions, moderation, etc, work away. If you have a stupid joke or pointless comment, save it for somewhere else.

This thread isn't really going anywhere, I'm closing it tomorrow unless anyone has anything useful to add.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    824 Posts
    You missed this post?
    And yet I still made my point.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,281 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    Personally I don't think any mod should have any poster on ignore. I understand you want us to report posts to flag them up but still I was surprised to see you say that
    I did flag it up when I was asked to be a mod, and none of the other mods had an issue with it. Other mods have done the same when they started.
    At the end of the day, we are still users of the site, and want to get the best from it. It's unfortunate that in order to do that we have to ignore some posters, but that's the way it is.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    824 Posts
    I've tried to use ignore in the past but sometimes a thread loses context because of it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    499 Posts
    D'ya know what, I've had a few very long days, up until 5am the day before yesterday fixing a server that fell over, up until 2 last night cleaning up the mess, and I'm really not in the mood for some young tosser that thinks he's smarter than everyone trying to get a rise out of people because it amuses them, and only them. So I'm going against 20-odd years of patience and rule-abiding and banning them on general principles, because they will never add anything of value to the site, and I'm closing this thread because it's just boring and I've had enough of it. I look forward to being called a fascist by teenager than doesn't understand fascism.
    Last edited by dahamsta; 04/04/2023 at 4:29 PM.

20. Thanks From:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234