Waterford v Finn Harps
    Wexford v Treaty

Saturday 1st

Longford v Kerry 19:30

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Another week another oppurtunity for Rovers and UCD to pick up a first win before our relegation 6 pointer on Monday week.
    With Bohs away following Dundalk away and then UCD on Monday week we have either a chance to confirm we are done and dusted or with 9 points from 9 get back into the game.
    If we play like we did against Pats with about 7 centrehalves on the pitch at the end i expect nothing, if we go and perform anything is possible.

Derry have a tough match against Damien Duffs Shelbourne and the title favourites Bohs have a tricky enough match up in Sligo so heres hoping.
    Treaty badly need to avoid losing in Wexford or they could be 10 points off a playoff place and cast adrift with a long season ahead.
    Anything less than a win for Longford over Kerry and Longfords season is tailspinning as well

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Must win for Clancy or he's back under major pressure again and for me it needs to be a good performance and a reasonably convincing win

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Another week another oppurtunity for Rovers and UCD to pick up a first win before our relegation 6 pointer on Monday week.
    With Bohs away following Dundalk away and then UCD on Monday week we have either a chance to confirm we are done and dusted or with 9 points from 9 get back into the game.
    If we play like we did against Pats with about 7 centrehalves on the pitch at the end i expect nothing, if we go and perform anything is possible.

Derry have a tough match against Damien Duffs Shelbourne and the title favourites Bohs have a tricky enough match up in Sligo so heres hoping.
    Treaty badly need to avoid losing in Wexford or they could be 10 points off a playoff place and cast adrift with a long season ahead.
    Anything less than a win for Longford over Kerry and Longfords season is tailspinning as well
    Man for man Rovers have the obvious better quality, there is no argument there and silly to argue otherwise, but they have struggled recently in oriel. I`m not a fan of these pitches prefer grass myself, but Dundalk have adapted well how to play it, plus for some reason it has seemed to have 'settled' this season, so we'll see how people notice it tomorrow. Plans are in place to return to grass I`m told, and a change in governance laws would expedite that, but christ Derry's looked just dreadful v Sligo, lets see what ours is like tomorrow.

SB - honest question is there something 'wrong' in the Rovers camp, as it can't be unlucky in almost all of the winless games you have played? That said I have seen some of the displays and you have been decent in some. Its an odd one for sure.

Looking forward to this tomorrow, should be a great atmosphere and match, hard one to call, I`m thinking of firmly sitting on the fence, but I can really see a 1-1 scoreline.
    Last edited by oriel; 30/03/2023 at 5:54 PM.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Unfortunate for us that Long was appointed yesterday,will be a very different atmosphere than there otherwise might have been,wouldnt be very confident for our chances tommorow night......
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Man for man Rovers have the obvious better quality, there is no argument there and silly to argue otherwise, but they have struggled recently in oriel. I`m not a fan of these pitches prefer grass myself, but Dundalk have adapted well how to play it, plus for some reason it has seemed to have 'settled' this season, so we'll see how people notice it tomorrow. Plans are in place to return to grass I`m told, and a change in governance laws would expedite that, but christ Derry's looked just dreadful v Sligo, lets see what ours is like tomorrow.

SB - honest question is there something 'wrong' in the Rovers camp, as it can't be unlucky in almost all of the winless games you have played? That said I have seen some of the displays and you have been decent in some. Its an odd one for sure.

Looking forward to this tomorrow, should be a great atmosphere and match, hard one to call, I`m thinking of firmly sitting on the fence, but I can really see a 1-1 scoreline.
    Honest answer is i don't think there is a lot between this season and last , the main problem is after a few unlucky draws (sligo drogs ) we have responded to the pressure of a bad statt by going negative.
    Fear was palpable against cork and pats. ..we need to go and win and start building some confidence.
    Also think we have been a bit casual at times....we need to tear into teams and keep going until we are 2 up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    I would have disareed with the 10 team league format but it is proving to be a good change. Every week, already, there are big games for all clubs. The quality of Dundalk was under scutiny at Derry, and now again v Rovers. Rovers badly need a win so makes for an intriguing match. Pat under pressure, Bohs with a tricky away game, the preseason predicted relegation playoff teams facing off and you couldnt rule out Derry stumbling at Shels. Predictions thread will make for interesting reading this weekend.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    Planning on making my second trip to Lissywollen tonight, was at the women's President Cup earlier in season, and hoping that Galway can keep the wining run going. The trip is shorter than Limerick, so it could be classified as a derby game I suppose. Hope for a decent Galway support anyway. I dislike the artificial surface as it takes something away from the game. My most enjoyable visit to Lissywollen was a fine summer evening for a 1-1 Athlone v Shamrock R game, which was Pat Fenlon first game in charge of the visitors, while Keith Long was the Athlone manager (I think).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Feels like a bit of a no-win situation for us tonight outside of winning with an extremely improved, convincing performance, which seems unlikely. Looks set to be another big crowd in Richmond though which is encouraging to see for a game against UCD after the break and our dreadful start to the season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Bench pico and Burke and start Kenny..........why not start our strongest team when we are desperate for a win. Kenny is an anchor weight compared to burke

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    215 Posts
    Benson sent off. I've switched over to Shels. Shels should have equalised. Blazed over the bar from 6 yards out.
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legendz View Post
    Benson sent off. I've switched over to Shels. Shels should have equalised. Blazed over the bar from 6 yards out.
    Silly challenge by Benson ( no malice) but very dangerous so had to be a red…. We finally catch a break hopefully we can hang on

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    3-0 Waterford at half time, as comfortable as you'd want it to be.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Tis a remarkably tight league at the moment - though maybe Harps could come back...?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    4-0...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Bench pico and Burke and start Kenny..........why not start our strongest team when we are desperate for a win. Kenny is an anchor weight compared to burke
    Hasnt made that much of a difference but pre game you see that team sheet and its a positive lift for Rovers opposition to not have those lads start - you hope Bradley will rue leaving them out. Games not panned out that way, red card has killed off any way back in to the game without a minor miracle. Benson's 1st ever red card, we'll put it down to being injured for so long and too eager to make an impact upon his return.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    My worst fears were realised.....
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    That is up there with the worst performance I've ever seen. Embarrassing. I know we are a work in progress but that was chronic. Defensive were a shambles. Couldn't tackle, defend set pieces or pass the ball. Going to be a long season. Waterford didn't even play that great which is the scariest thing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    We look average and still ran rampant, a badly needed win on our part, 7-1 feels a bit odd but we'll take it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    215 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SPXcyan View Post
    We look average and still ran rampant, a badly needed win on our part, 7-1 feels a bit odd but we'll take it.
    A forewarning for Kerry. Park the bus. Take a leaf out of Ireland v France on Monday. Les Bleus of Waterford v the Green of Kerry.
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast