Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Games weekend 31st March to !st April

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Our unbeaten run continues 7 from 7.
    You would expect that win should kick start Waterfords season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    For first 20mins I thought Harps seemed decent & the 3-0 score line at HT was very harsh but the 2nd 45mins was beyond a shambles.

How many of this Harps squad are on 2 year contracts?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Kelly View Post
    For first 20mins I thought Harps seemed decent & the 3-0 score line at HT was very harsh but the 2nd 45mins was beyond a shambles.

How many of this Harps squad are on 2 year contracts?

7 on 2 year deals,I’d have varying opinions on how good the 7 are,the keeper is one and up until tonight he’s been grand,had a bad one tonight though …DaSilva,Harris,Rainey,Flood,Keogh and Lynch are the others,I’ll reserve judgement on them till we see how the season pans out….,
    Last edited by joey B; 31/03/2023 at 10:05 PM.
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    drogs are a much better football side than us. they have some really tidy players but they died off a bit in the 2nd half. draw fair in the end. we'll do well to not finish 9th

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    That was a painful experience. We'll call it character building for a young squad..
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    That was a painful experience. We'll call it character building for a young squad..
    Even the slightest of doubt on Dave Rogers?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Bench pico and Burke and start Kenny..........why not start our strongest team when we are desperate for a win. Kenny is an anchor weight compared to burke
    Don't worry, about a thing, cos every little thing, s'gonna be alright.
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Hasnt made that much of a difference but pre game you see that team sheet and its a positive lift for Rovers opposition to not have those lads start - you hope Bradley will rue leaving them out. Games not panned out that way, red card has killed off any way back in to the game without a minor miracle. Benson's 1st ever red card, we'll put it down to being injured for so long and too eager to make an impact upon his return.
    I think the positive lift pre match was for Rovers with Dundalk not having Hoban playing. He drives everything we do and John Martin is a very poor substitute. Rovers have players of a similar level to come on, we don’t.
    On the game I thought you could see Rovers were playing at a high level and may have won anyway, but the red card completely killed it as a contest. I thought it was very harsh, the two players both were high but Benson got there a fraction earlier than Grace. The whole Rovers bench leapt up and that influenced a poor ref.
    The end result may have been the same but it was over as a contest after that.
    The players Rovers could bring on compared to us showed a huge difference in the strength of the respective squads.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Even the slightest of doubt on Dave Rogers?
    No, I think the majority of Harps fans can see what we're trying to do with a very young team and a very small budget. Knifes aren't out just yet. Apparently the Waterford commentary team on LOITV seemed to suggest Rogers was under pressure now, which I can't understand where they managed to pull that from.

Long way to go yet this season, but we're doing okay. To call it an off-night would be an understatement.

Full team and management came right over to the away fans at the end to apologise as well. Poor Tim Hiemer was in tears as well. He's been very good so far but had a dreadful night tonight in goal.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Looked like 2 harsh red cards in the Premier division games tonight….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Looked like 2 harsh red cards in the Premier division games tonight….
    Even by normal standards, the level of referring in the league has been abysmal so far this season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Bang on!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    A tune that Ive not taken to in Oriel I have to say, too Bob and Bohs for me! Enjoy your win PC, Dundalk were well put to the sowrd and I know you love us. One swallow doesnt make a summer mind and Derry must be a slight worry still even after a 1st win of the season.

I havent seen the red card in Oriel but did see the 2nd yellow in Tolka, slowed down its easy to say there wasnt enough contact between Barrett and McGonigle but on the spot at full pelt it could well look like Barrett caught McGonigle with an elbow/arm to the face, can see why the ref might have pulled a card, could even have pulled a straight red. Barrett was totally focused on the ball, basically won the wrestling match to get in front and did have an arm across the face and it was milked by McGonigle clutching his face on the deck. There are enough really questionable ref decisions that would nearly have you think they were on commission for cards, I dont think this is cut and dry at all. Doesnt change the vaild point Duff made post match!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Strange for Benson to do us any favours at all but his karate kick attempt wrapped it up for us. Not sure what anyone could complain about based on what I saw but I'll have another look at whatever angles come out. Looked like he flew in studs up and with his head completely turned away from the ball. Mad thing to do. I like Benson and know he isn't a malicious type but I thought it was a red immediately as did the ref who went for the card straight away. Not sure he even saw the few Rovers staff standing up from the bench. The Shels red is a disgraceful decision though.

Could have been 5 or 6 in the end although Dundalk started both the first and second half very well I thought. They've some very tidy players. Malley looks like a find.

The Dundalk LoI commentary team is also very good. Fair dues to them there. Very balanced and a good dynamic between them.

I was delighted not to see Hoban in the team. As Yossarian said above, Dundalk are far weaker without him and John Martin ain't a striker.

We are staying up.
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    A tune that Ive not taken to in Oriel I have to say, too Bob and Bohs for me! Enjoy your win PC, Dundalk were well put to the sowrd and I know you love us. One swallow doesnt make a summer mind and Derry must be a slight worry still even after a 1st win of the season.

I havent seen the red card in Oriel but did see the 2nd yellow in Tolka, slowed down its easy to say there wasnt enough contact between Barrett and McGonigle but on the spot at full pelt it could well look like Barrett caught McGonigle with an elbow/arm to the face, can see why the ref might have pulled a card, could even have pulled a straight red. Barrett was totally focused on the ball, basically won the wrestling match to get in front and did have an arm across the face and it was milked by McGonigle clutching his face on the deck. There are enough really questionable ref decisions that would nearly have you think they were on commission for cards, I dont think this is cut and dry at all. Doesnt change the vaild point Duff made post match!
    That Bob song has been going around op a while and well before Bohs stole it!
    You wouldnt know that though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Finn Harps actually played well for first 25 minutes or so and we were no better in that part of game than in previous home games. Roland Idowu got a brilliant goal then and 2 goals just before half time wrapped it up. Finn Harps keeper was poor for 4th and 5th goal. Great start under Keith Long.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    Benson on LOI Weekly going n about his great goal scoring record against Shams was always going to come back to bite him

Enjoyable game on RTE. Would have fancied Shels to get back into it (awful miss at the end of first half) without the red. Disgraceful decision. Refs should be certain that what theyre doing is correct but as always they’re way too quick to reach for their pockets. Not helped by so many players in the league going down holding their heads at every opportunity going. Unfortunately no one ever seems to want to do any retrospective action for diving etc so there’s no real deterrent.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

I'm not one to defend to referees in the LOI they are awful but their job is becoming increasingly challenging the the laws of the game moving towards non-contact sport and by more and more players in this league exaggerating/feigning injuries. The Barrett/McGonigle one last night was a perfect example of what is going on for something that would not have even been a free kick a decade or two ago with the ref also falling hook/line/sinker for the theatrics
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Shels got a bohs player sent off with the same play acting so goes around comes around I guess.
    Managers and players need to stop play acting after every tackle and then we can look at the refs.
    Several dives by shels tonight, Malloy and the other ginger lad falling over was ridiculous.
    Derry did a couple too particularly the wide players.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    I thought we were very poor last night must be said although have to account for conditions and the state of that pitch in Tolka - not sure how it is so bad?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast