Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Games weekend 24th March 2023

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Dundalk 0-4 Shels (we were down 10 men after 5 mins) could have been 10-0 if Shels took their chances

Out of the Leinster Senior Cup twice in 1 year, beat that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Athlone scored a late winner. A game of two halves. Kerry dominated the first half. Athlone the second.
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts
    As they like to say in football. Galway are purring..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Entertaining if disappointing night at Finn Park ,great first half but were second best in the second half,lack of experience showing…
    Jack Doherty looks a player far too good for the first division even with a horrendous penalty miss….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Our stream fell about 10 minutes behind in the 2nd half so I gave up watching but it felt very like a game we’d have dropped points in last year.
    Good to have a sub come on and make the difference, we didn’t really have any game changers from the bench last season so that looks to have made a big difference.

Ollie Horgan booked for the 4th time in 6 games!

First time ever we’ve won 6 from 6 to start a season and we’re now 6 points clear at the top. If we continue this run for as long as possible other clubs may start losing hope in catching us at all.

I still think Waterford are the biggest danger and possibly Bray being dark horses as they’re still unbeaten.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    Dundalk 0-4 Shels (we were down 10 men after 5 mins) could have been 10-0 if Shels took their chances

Ah but still the longest ever holders of the League Cup, from Sept 2019 I was at it, Derry away freezing cold as usual in BW but a brilliant weekend. We'll have that trophy for at least 5 years, still have to say the LSC is a fine trophy.

Christ that sounded grim tonight in Oriel Park, the non first teamers not doing themselves any favours to get into contention for a place v Rovers next Friday !!!!
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    A win is a win, but to say we made hard work of it tonight would be an understatement.

It was one of our poorer performances of the season, but Longford showed literally zero interest in winning the game, they were wasting time from the first minute and basically playing for a 0-0 draw, and to be fair to them, for a while it looked like it might go that way.

Bar a few bits of magic from Manning in the first half and a weak penalty from Walsh, there wasn't too many clearcut chances. Second half, it was scrappy, if there was going to be a winner, it looked like it was going to be us, but we weren't battering Longford's door down or anything.

I noticed tonight they played Elworthy, a right back, centre back, so they must've been down bodies. Ironically it was an ex Longford Town player that won it for us, a little bit of trickery cutting in on his left, and Darren Clarke's low powerful shot took a deflection that deceived Brady in goal.

Six wins from six, can't ask for much more, but a few supporters pointed out it was strange that Rob Manley hasn't come on in the last few games, especially when the players replacing the likes of Keitha aren't doing much. I suppose it's a good sign when you're winning games and not playing well.
    roddy collins you're a flanker you're a flanker!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Looks like a spot of racist abuse from Kerry FC fans. Disappointed for the real people down there.

https://twitter.com/kyultras22/statu...anc6M4Q9A&s=19

https://twitter.com/IvanHurley95/sta...oYBwQ7hWw&s=19

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    A game of two halves in Finn Park. Some good football played. Officiating questionable.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    Looks like a spot of racist abuse from Kerry FC fans. Disappointed for the real people down there.

https://twitter.com/kyultras22/statu...anc6M4Q9A&s=19

https://twitter.com/IvanHurley95/sta...oYBwQ7hWw&s=19
    Realistically at a Kerry game how many people can this be? Surely easy for few boys to slap the head of them and move on no need for social media attention seeking?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCWA View Post
    Realistically at a Kerry game how many people can this be? Surely easy for few boys to slap the head of them and move on no need for social media attention seeking?
    That being said, as in every other LoI squad, there's a significant number of players of colour (5) involved with Kerry, so no harm in putting out a zero-tolerance message about abuse straight away.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    ryans bray are motoring well... lets see can my outlandish pre season opinion come to pass

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post

It can now return being taken super seriously by the LoI followers of the UK and EU again! The specilist one keepd his temper in check when winning I presume!?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    I can imagine Duffer going into full kevin keegan mode pre match . "I will love it if we beat this lot LOVE IT".

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Finlay Harp View Post
    A game of two halves in Finn Park. Some good football played. Officiating questionable.
    How did Cobh look? I haven’t seen them this year yet. I knew by their squad at the start of the season that they’d do well and would come generally under the radar.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Escobar View Post
    How did Cobh look? I haven’t seen them this year yet. I knew by their squad at the start of the season that they’d do well and would come generally under the radar.
    Harps blew them away in the first half. Could probably have been more than 2-0. Cobh looked utterly dreadful.

Second half Cobh were an awful lot better. Aided by more superb First Division refereeing. The Cobh penalty was correct decision, definitely a penalty, but Harps denied two, if not three stonewall penalties of their own.

I thought the red was borderline deserved, but lads closer to it said it was a shocker of a decision.

Cobh have a decent squad though, and in Jack Doherty they have a real game changer too.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Harps blew them away in the first half. Could probably have been more than 2-0. Cobh looked utterly dreadful.

I thought the red was borderline deserved, but lads closer to it said it was a shocker of a decision.
    Probably just verging on the fringes of red card, but seen worse tackles only get a booking or nothing at all
    54 Crew-Finn Harps FC Supporters Club
    Following Harps Home & Away
    https://www.facebook.com/54CrewFHFC

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JC_GUFC View Post
    Our stream fell about 10 minutes behind in the 2nd half so I gave up watching but it felt very like a game we’d have dropped points in last year.
    Good to have a sub come on and make the difference, we didn’t really have any game changers from the bench last season so that looks to have made a big difference.

Ollie Horgan booked for the 4th time in 6 games!

First time ever we’ve won 6 from 6 to start a season and we’re now 6 points clear at the top. If we continue this run for as long as possible other clubs may start losing hope in catching us at all.

I still think Waterford are the biggest danger and possibly Bray being dark horses as they’re still unbeaten.
    Not impressed with Galway's performance at all. Genuine question, will Ollies carry on not become a huge issue for JC who's only back from a ban because of the behavior of his touchline staff? Could see JC literally begging Horgan to sit down after the yellow, when does it reach the point JC is like I can't have this going on?
    BetweenTheStripes.net - Home of Between the Stripes LOI podcast.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Not impressed with Galway's performance at all. Genuine question, will Ollies carry on not become a huge issue for JC who's only back from a ban because of the behavior of his touchline staff? Could see JC literally begging Horgan to sit down after the yellow, when does it reach the point JC is like I can't have this going on?
    There’s a pair of them in it to be fair….

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast