Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 FAI Cup

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    One kid. Everyone who I spoke to that saw it happen condemned it and rightfully so, he shouldn't see the inside of the ground again.

No need to try and point score.
    Who's "point scoring"? It was just a reply to a post. I'm aware there's been fairly widespread condemnation since online.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Who's "point scoring"? It was just a reply to a post. I'm aware there's been fairly widespread condemnation since online.
    Someone asked if that same group of thugs are still hanging around Bray games and you had a pop off him about the Treaty game on Friday for no reason. Get over it.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    191 Posts
    Sports Direct are new sponsors of the men’s and women’s FAI cups for the next 3 years. Draw for the next round is on Tuesday 6th of June

https://www.fai.ie/domestic/news/fai-and-sports-direct-announce-three-year-partnership
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Wonder what sort of money is involved?
    "Now jump up there and stuff that son of a bitch in the basket, chief"

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pateen View Post
    Wonder what sort of money is involved?
    Sports Direct have a reputation for being tough hagglers/tight arses. So I wouldn't be surprised if they've done a deal with some sort of 'in kind' element i.e. added stuff that won't cost them anything e.g. claim that they'll help promote the cup in store etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    Someone asked if that same group of thugs are still hanging around Bray games and you had a pop off him about the Treaty game on Friday for no reason. Get over it.

"There tends to be a couple of clubs at any given time who have picked up a temporary fringe of toerags"

But sure, okay, if you want to bury the head in the sand then fair enough.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Probably been said elsewhere but the 12 non-league clubs in this year's first round are:

Lucan United (7th LSL), Gorey Rangers (2nd Wexford), Avondale United (6th MSL), Bangor Celtic (6th LSL), Ringmahon Rangers (2nd MSL), St Pat's CY (4th LSL 2nd Div), Kilbarrack United (1st LSL 2nd Div), St Michael's (3rd Tipp South), Cockhill Celtic (1st USL), Skerries Town (5th LSL 2nd Div), Portlaoise (relegated to LSL 4th tier) and Rockmount (1st MSL)
    Last edited by JC_GUFC; 30/05/2023 at 3:47 PM.
    I phoned the speaking clock to hear a voice speak, it said - "At the tone you will be very much alone"

8. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JC_GUFC View Post
    Probably been said elsewhere but the 12 non-league clubs in this year's first round are:

Lucan United (7th LSL), Gorey Rangers (2nd Wexford), Avondale United (6th MSL), Bangor Celtic (6th LSL), Ringmahon Rangers (2nd MSL), St Pat's CY (4th LSL 2nd Div), Kilbarrack United (1st LSL 2nd Div), St Michael's (3rd Tipp South), Cockhill Celtic (1st USL), Skerries Town (5th LSL 2nd Div), Portlaoise (relegated to LSL 4th tier) and Rockmount (1st MSL)
    If Portlaoise get drawn away to a top PD side, they could get absolutely hockeyed. There's a growing gulf in standard between the LOI and non-league teams as it is.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    Sports Direct have a reputation for being tough hagglers/tight arses. So I wouldn't be surprised if they've done a deal with some sort of 'in kind' element i.e. added stuff that won't cost them anything e.g. claim that they'll help promote the cup in store etc.
    Yea sure it’s Mike Ashley’s company. The whole business model is based on being stingy as fcuk.
    They knew that the FAI was seriously struggling for sponsors so they saw it as an opportunity to get a cut-price deal. FAI must be receiving terribly low offers if SD was the best they could get.
    They won’t be getting out of debt any time soon with sponsors like that.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    If Portlaoise get drawn away to a top PD side, they could get absolutely hockeyed. There's a growing gulf in standard between the LOI and non-league teams as it is.
    Wouldn't disagree with that. Their LSL season is now over and they have a number of first teamers who will probably prioritising GAA for the next few months.
    1991 was their last time in the FAI Cup proper. Beat then LOI Home Farm at home before losing to a Kilkenny City team who I'm sure had a goal or two scored by Laois man, Tony Dunne.
    There's a few ex LOI guys in the current team. Chris Mulhall, ex Shels and Limerick I think. Paul Cahillane ex Celtic reserves and Wexford. Jimmy Dermody, not sure on him tbh.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,220 Posts
    Mulhall would have played most with UCD (six seasons)

Did I see Niall Corbet had signed at one stage too? Ex UCD also, but currently Laois county keeper

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eitoof View Post
    Wouldn't disagree with that. Their LSL season is now over and they have a number of first teamers who will probably prioritising GAA for the next few months.
    1991 was their last time in the FAI Cup proper. Beat then LOI Home Farm at home before losing to a Kilkenny City team who I'm sure had a goal or two scored by Laois man, Tony Dunne.
    There's a few ex LOI guys in the current team. Chris Mulhall, ex Shels and Limerick I think. Paul Cahillane ex Celtic reserves and Wexford. Jimmy Dermody, not sure on him tbh.
    Jimmy was involved with LTFC
    BetweenTheStripes.net - Home of Between the Stripes LOI podcast.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    The timing of the 1st round is terrible for the NL teams. I'd imagine Portlaoise concentrated their efforts on the cups this year (I think they may have had a decent run in some last year too) but I do remember Shane Keegan saying a few of them play GAA too and the start and depending how their GAA season is going they might be lacking player availability at different stages.

That would be my preferred draw - a new town to visit and a likely win. Away to St Michael's wouldn't be bad either. Gorey would be a bit of a trek from Galway though.
    I phoned the speaking clock to hear a voice speak, it said - "At the tone you will be very much alone"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Do the FAI not owe Sports Direct a fortune from an abandoned sponsorship deal during the final Delaney years? I’d imagine this deal has just knocked a small bit off that debt.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Do the FAI not owe Sports Direct a fortune from an abandoned sponsorship deal during the final Delaney years? I’d imagine this deal has just knocked a small bit off that debt.
    That was my initial thought alright.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    457 Posts
    If my memory is correct, FAI are still paying Sports Direct 100 grand per month to pay off the debt.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Mulhall would have played most with UCD (six seasons)

Did I see Niall Corbet had signed at one stage too? Ex UCD also, but currently Laois county keeper
    I don't think so. He is playng outfield for Laois gaelic football team this year. Portlaoise keeper is Sean McCormack who had a short spell in Limerick but may have either played a little or not at all.

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    I've just remembered that SportsDirect were also announced as the title sponsor of the Men's and Women's Leagues up North, so maybe they're seeing an opportunity in getting involved in Irish football.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eitoof View Post
    I don't think so. He is playng outfield for Laois gaelic football team this year. Portlaoise keeper is Sean McCormack who had a short spell in Limerick but may have either played a little or not at all.
    He was an unused sub for the second half of the 2021 season for Treaty United.

23. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Ah I wasn’t aware of that. Ok it makes a more sense now.

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast