Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 FAI Cup

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts
    No official word on when the draw is yet. First round last year took place on 29/30/31 July and the draw was made on 21 June.

This year the first round is due to take place the weekend of 21/22/23 July so the draw could be mid June I’d say
    Paaatrick's Agletic

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    And every PD club hoping for an away draw against Kerry !!!!!
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    And every PD club hoping for an away draw against Kerry !!!!!
    The fans anyway. I doubt Derry would be that keen, as would probably necessitate an overnight stay as well as two long coach trips. Unless they could afford to fly it? Ironically Kerry themselves would probably prefer an away draw if they got a 'big' club, as it would maximise the gate for them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    The fans anyway. I doubt Derry would be that keen, as would probably necessitate an overnight stay as well as two long coach trips. Unless they could afford to fly it?
    I'll take Kerry away, grand.
    The club used to fly to the Cork games back in the Celtic Tiger days, but it's bus and overnight now.

Would also happily accept Cockhill away. Saturday afternoon match, back in Maginn Park in the middle of summer would be lovely.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Cannot imagine why anyone would consider Kerry away as a good draw?
    You’d have virtually zero chance of a ticket.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    The novelty of Kerry away is one to tick off the list, but I wouldn't be in any hurry back until they got some sort of spectator facilities for away fans.

Obviously, there's a degree of irony in a Harps fan saying that, but I'd take the away ends of Oriel, Finn Park, or otherwise, over Mounthawk Park any day.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

8. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermobohs View Post
    Cannot imagine why anyone would consider Kerry away as a good draw?
    You’d have virtually zero chance of a ticket.
    The ones who do get tickets will only realise after they've paid €15 to look at the back of someone's head that it certainly isn't a good draw.

I've nothing against Kerry and was happy to see them enter the league due to their proximity to Limerick. With that said, if Treaty weren't playing on a Friday night I couldn't bring myself to go down there. I know it's not a League of Ireland ground and all the rest, but if you can't see the game you can't see the game.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    Obviously when we went down we only had about 30 fans so away end was grand but it really isn't suitable long term.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

FAI cup

Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    The novelty of Kerry away is one to tick off the list, but I wouldn't be in any hurry back until they got some sort of spectator facilities for away fans.

Obviously, there's a degree of irony in a Harps fan saying that, but I'd take the away ends of Oriel, Finn Park, or otherwise, over Mounthawk Park any day.
    Whats wrong with it. ...covered standing with perfect view

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    Whats wrong with it. ...covered standing with perfect view
    Perfect view of what the mountains perhaps, because it's certainly not the football pitch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    A few people seem to have this complaint about the Kerry away end but when I was there earlier in the season I thought it was ok.

One corner of the pitch you struggle to see alright but that's the same in Oriel. I guess if there were 200 away fans in there it would be a bit cramped.

I don't think Kerry are overly concerned about away day gate receipts - I would say they'd probably love the hype (perhaps not the scoreline) of getting Shamrock Rovers down. You'd imagine their nightmare draw would be away to one of the non-league Donegal sides, a marathon journey which they might lose.
    I phoned the speaking clock to hear a voice speak, it said - "At the tone you will be very much alone"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Ah yeah sure look Mounthawk Park has its limitations. Are there clubs Kerry should be hoping to avoid? Mainly in terms of segregation.
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legendz View Post
    Ah yeah sure look Mounthawk Park has its limitations. Are there clubs Kerry should be hoping to avoid? Mainly in terms of segregation.
    I think because of the small away capacity if you were to draw Rovers or Bohs their tickets would go to members first so you wouldn't expect any potential trouble makers to be down. Maybe Shels, it seems a few of these lads have been let out on their own for the first time this season and are now finding they can curse in public!
    I phoned the speaking clock to hear a voice speak, it said - "At the tone you will be very much alone"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    The problem with the away "end" is it's just flat ground. If a big away crowd traveled the lads lucky enough to get in along the barrier would be grand but everyone else would be looking at the back of heads for 90 mins.

We had good banter with the Kerry fans, literally just a single barrier separating us, it didn't cross my mind that it wouldn't take much for things to get hairy if you'd a few messers either side of it

17. Thanks From:

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Are Bray still the current wannabe Green Street? There tends to be a couple of clubs at any given time who have picked up a temporary fringe of toerags. Cobh have had a few issues this season too, no?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    Are Bray still the current wannabe Green Street? There tends to be a couple of clubs at any given time who have picked up a temporary fringe of toerags. Cobh have had a few issues this season too, no?
    To be fair, I don't recall any Bray fans throwing traffic cones and spitting on Harps players this season, which, unfortunately, I can't say the same for Treaty kids.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    To be fair, I don't recall any Bray fans throwing traffic cones and spitting on Harps players this season, which, unfortunately, I can't say the same for Treaty kids.
    I'm disappointed to hear of that sort of behaviour from any club, including my own. It's scummy and shouldn't be tolerated at all. These people should be weeded out. I haven't been near a Treaty away game this season to have formed an opinion one way or the other and, as I suggested above, in my experience these things tend to ebb and flow for most clubs as, presumably, the miscreants involved 'graduate' from acting the ******** at football to more general scumbaggery.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    The main work Kerry had to do for licencing was on the floodlights, pitch and seating. Elevated terracing should be a basic starting point for any further development work. To club will probably need a mix of local government funding and business support to take on projects like that. The KDL own the ground.
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    One kid. Everyone who I spoke to that saw it happen condemned it and rightfully so, he shouldn't see the inside of the ground again.

No need to try and point score.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    Nope, those scumbags who came to Longford last year haven't been seen since, don't know where they came from last year. Bray fans have always been excellent. Thankfully haven't come across too many bad sets of fans this season. Was a bad few weeks there last season where they seemed to be regular incidents occuring at games.

24. Thanks From:

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast