Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    Well, you’ve probably lost yours.
    I did say that earlier in the thread.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Very happy with that Shels three points, started both halves brilliantly, we grounded out the game smartly with our lead, team learned from the 2nd half of the Dundalk game at Oriel

Cork certainly looked like a newly promoted side, they were clueless in the final third for a team who were top goalscrorers after 5 games in the league before kick-off
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by total hoofball View Post
    Very happy with that Shels three points, started both halves brilliantly, we grounded out the game smartly with our lead, team learned from the 2nd half of the Dundalk game at Oriel

Cork certainly looked like a newly promoted side, they were clueless in the final third for a team who were top goalscrorers after 5 games in the league before kick-off

totally outcoached. duff managed that game perfectly , intense in the first 15/20 of both halves, get the goal(s) then let us have the ball for the rest of the game because he knows we cant do anything with it. people dont like duff but hes unquestionably one of the better coaches in the league.

ye could probably do with an out and out no.9.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd2793 View Post
    totally outcoached. duff managed that game perfectly , intense in the first 15/20 of both halves, get the goal(s) then let us have the ball for the rest of the game because he knows we cant do anything with it. people dont like duff but hes unquestionably one of the better coaches in the league.
    Still relatively early days of his Managerial career, but Duff looking like a quality coach/manager
    54 Crew-Finn Harps FC Supporters Club
    Following Harps Home & Away
    https://www.facebook.com/54CrewFHFC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Embarrassing from Rovers. Taking off gaffney and Kenny for grace and Gannon . Pats were crap and we were nearly as bad. League is gone, team has lost its way completely. Or is this a other hard luck story.
    Uusally silverware is a litmus test of a managers ability and Bradley is a good manager but not a great one, Rovers could and possibly should be charging toward another title or 2 bagged, even the odd double in that, considering their squad and resources.
    Not unlike Doolin back in the day at Drogheda where it took him far too long (4yrs?) to get that only title over the line - broke Drogheda doing so and nearly broke the league trying to match the money he was throwing at his title building efforts.Ok this is more like a Bradley on steroids but I do think he has hit a ceiling a while back, that team could nearly coach themselves also. He has this super cautious streak, fear even, and time and again he has set up negatively obly to have to go at a side and realise that they were more than beatable from the getgo, mainly in Europe. Last night he was shoring up with subs against a side that defends as bads as anything I have seen in LoI (and I watched a 1st Division Dundalk with Baba Isaka in the side). It's hard to know hat is hapening at St Pats in that regard, lie preseasonn was all about attacking phases thinking that defending was sorted or will take care of itself. Player selection baffles where it feels like favourites are picked rather than a blend of players that compliment eachother....then do it again next game?! The league still has to settle so no alarm bells need sounding yet but it doesnt look like a Derry Rovers charge for the title will be that straight forward with plenty of sides that can pinch points off anyone- makes it a very interesting season. I hope Devines Bohs side follow the usual trend of his sides and they just run out of steam around july

Maybe Im being harsh on Bradles subs last night and just have never gotten over McCarthy's RoI going to a 5 man midfield when were were already in control and inevitably ceed midfield cause of the disruption and lose.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Uusally silverware is a litmus test of a managers ability and Bradley is a good manager but not a great one, Rovers could and possibly should be charging toward another title or 2 bagged, even the odd double in that, considering their squad and resources.
    Not unlike Doolin back in the day at Drogheda where it took him far too long (4yrs?) to get that only title over the line - broke Drogheda doing so and nearly broke the league trying to match the money he was throwing at his title building efforts.Ok this is more like a Bradley on steroids but I do think he has hit a ceiling a while back, that team could nearly coach themselves also. He has this super cautious streak, fear even, and time and again he has set up negatively obly to have to go at a side and realise that they were more than beatable from the getgo, mainly in Europe. Last night he was shoring up with subs against a side that defends as bads as anything I have seen in LoI (and I watched a 1st Division Dundalk with Baba Isaka in the side). It's hard to know hat is hapening at St Pats in that regard, lie preseasonn was all about attacking phases thinking that defending was sorted or will take care of itself. Player selection baffles where it feels like favourites are picked rather than a blend of players that compliment eachother....then do it again next game?! The league still has to settle so no alarm bells need sounding yet but it doesnt look like a Derry Rovers charge for the title will be that straight forward with plenty of sides that can pinch points off anyone- makes it a very interesting season. I hope Devines Bohs side follow the usual trend of his sides and they just run out of steam around july

Maybe Im being harsh on Bradles subs last night and just have never gotten over McCarthy's RoI going to a 5 man midfield when were were already in control and inevitably ceed midfield cause of the disruption and lose.
    Have to disagree completely that Bradley is as a rule negative with his substitutions - over the last few seasons I’ve always been very impressed as to how often he was prepared to put on attacking players -and that’s why last night I think everyone in Tallaght was stunned when he replaced Kenny/Gaffney with Grace/Gannon ( ironically we still managed at least 3 clear chances and hit post twice). So wishful thinking to speak about fear in the manner he manages in the league - as for Europe I’d no issue with him playing ‘weakened’ teams last year to ensure we retained the title.

Whether he’s now coming towards the end of his time with us - personally I believe he’s only getting started , however if over the coming months we don’t get back into the title race then of course all bets will be off ( perhaps) right now however I think he’s the right person for the job and I expect we’ll be fine , even if we don’t win the league we’re now in a great place thanks to him and his colleagues with finances in great shape, a sustainable business model etc. so we’ll as we always have , will endure and prevail ….. as aside apart from the result last night was a cracking game and fair play to both sides

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts

Not as hard as the reaction in the West stand last night "What the **** are we doing " was the general vibe, Burke was on the bench and is in great form PLUS can hold the ball, Ditto Ferizaj and Noonan. Why we thought bringing Gannon and Grace and Kavanagh on for Gaffney, Kenny and Clarke was going to result in anything other tahn changing the game completly....a game we were well on top in is anyones guess.
    If we had just played the game out with the 11 on the pitch we would have won.
    More of the same to come in Dundalk and Bohs next unless we decide to change things as its prety clear even a bad Pats and Shels team know how to deal with us.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    What's the story with Liam Burt? Has he even started a league game yet?

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    Have to disagree completely that Bradley is as a rule negative with his substitutions - over the last few seasons I’ve always been very impressed as to how often he was prepared to put on attacking players -and that’s why last night I think everyone in Tallaght was stunned when he replaced Kenny/Gaffney with Grace/Gannon ( ironically we still managed at least 3 clear chances and hit post twice). So wishful thinking to speak about fear in the manner he manages in the league - as for Europe I’d no issue with him playing ‘weakened’ teams last year to ensure we retained the title.

Whether he’s now coming towards the end of his time with us - personally I believe he’s only getting started , however if over the coming months we don’t get back into the title race then of course all bets will be off ( perhaps) right now however I think he’s the right person for the job and I expect we’ll be fine , even if we don’t win the league we’re now in a great place thanks to him and his colleagues with finances in great shape, a sustainable business model etc. so we’ll as we always have , will endure and prevail ….. as aside apart from the result last night was a cracking game and fair play to both sides
    Prioritising the league over Europe last season was fine, especially in group games. But in seasons before I dont think there is too much disagreement that the setup was conservative, it back fired more then once and when there was no option but to take the shackles off Rovers showed that they were well able to hurt the opposition and nearly turned ties around. I wouldnt count making positive substitutions when chasing a result as an indication of Bradleys inclination for taking risks. His default is safety first rather than showing a deeprooted belief that his side can compete with anyone. League aside of course as the sheer quality of the squad can carry the club to league titles. I have found many of his tactical choices over the years more negative than astute and effective and turn a game. I am really thinking more of European knockout games, as domestically Rovers have been on the front foot and winning with the quality of the squad. Sometimes its a simple as if its not broken dont fix it.

I dont know how you can say he is only getting started tbh, though I would agree that the squad is entering a phase of evolving, with some older players likely to be moved on and the need to a plan for a Mannus MkII etc. I would not at all criticise the role he has had in overall club development which is in rude health. But I dont think the 1st team would drop off under a new manager and a shrewd appointment raise the bar again. I wouldnt ether be calling for him to go due to a blip if I were a rovers fan, indeed Id be more scared if he left and how things could go under a new management team. Think Brighton after losing their popular and highly rated manager and how Potters replacement has brought the club from stable in the EPL (ther accepted ceiling) to being genuine contenders for Euroean qualification under DeZerbi. It wouldnnt surprise me at all if something similar happened with Rovers post Bradley.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Prioritising the league over Europe last season was fine, especially in group games. But in seasons before I dont think there is too much disagreement that the setup was conservative, it back fired more then once and when there was no option but to take the shackles off Rovers showed that they were well able to hurt the opposition and nearly turned ties around. I wouldnt count making positive substitutions when chasing a result as an indication of Bradleys inclination for taking risks. His default is safety first rather than showing a deeprooted belief that his side can compete with anyone. League aside of course as the sheer quality of the squad can carry the club to league titles. I have found many of his tactical choices over the years more negative than astute and effective and turn a game. I am really thinking more of European knockout games, as domestically Rovers have been on the front foot and winning with the quality of the squad. Sometimes its a simple as if its not broken dont fix it.

I dont know how you can say he is only getting started tbh, though I would agree that the squad is entering a phase of evolving, with some older players likely to be moved on and the need to a plan for a Mannus MkII etc. I would not at all criticise the role he has had in overall club development which is in rude health. But I dont think the 1st team would drop off under a new manager and a shrewd appointment raise the bar again. I wouldnt ether be calling for him to go due to a blip if I were a rovers fan, indeed Id be more scared if he left and how things could go under a new management team. Think Brighton after losing their popular and highly rated manager and how Potters replacement has brought the club from stable in the EPL (ther accepted ceiling) to being genuine contenders for Euroean qualification under DeZerbi. It wouldnnt surprise me at all if something similar happened with Rovers post Bradley.
    Stephen Kenny may be free soon enough of Ireland start off qualifiers bad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    Stephen Kenny may be free soon enough of Ireland start off qualifiers bad
    We don’t give second chances to failures ?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    We don’t give second chances to failures ?
    You give Bradley plenty of chances after plenty of failures early on so that’s a load of balls anyway.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Rovers had plenty of chances to win every game this season but Kenny is proving to be a real novice up front, and combined with the league-wide unrestrained malevolence of LOI officials, Rovers have not started as hoped.
    The only positive from yesterday is we didn't lose any ground to any of our credible league opponents.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Rovers had plenty of chances to win every game this season but Kenny is proving to be a real novice up front, and combined with the league-wide unrestrained malevolence of LOI officials, Rovers have not started as hoped.
    The only positive from yesterday is we didn't lose any ground to any of our credible league opponents.
    Ansolutely, UCD were breathing down yer necks for a while!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Waterford score twice and get a red card in the space of 8 minutes,Ronan Coughlan scoring both….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCWA View Post
    You give Bradley plenty of chances after plenty of failures early on so that’s a load of balls anyway.
    Dear god it was meant as a joke

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Who are you counting as credible league opponents, just Derry?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    https://twitter.com/DroghedaUnited/s...yniAyyQ7Q&s=19

Seems a young lad had few too many Paddys Day. His tweets are available view on the quote to the post Drogheda have put up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Poor start to the season from Waterford,Danny Searle under pressure a bit already,no wins from 3 home games is a big surprise….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast