Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Games weekend 10th / 11h March 2023

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Sbhocking peno decison for a pen cost Cork.
    Questionable foul and questionable if it was in the box

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Hard to tell from the stream if its a foul or even in the box,the ref could'nt have been in a better position though.
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    sickening way to lose 3 pts there didnt look like a foul to me. we were desperate in the final 30 infairness, gave sligo all the ball. we had no intention of trying to hold onto it. another harsh lesson.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Watched last 15, abs no need for the Cork City defender to tackle just inside the box, should have 'jockeyed' the Sligo guy out or sideways, he left ref with easy choice.

From 2-0 up Healy will furious of not hanging on, but to be fair on Sligo they kept going and going and a draw looked a fair outcome in the end from other updates I read.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Candystripe View Post
    You must have been watching a totally different game than everyone else.
    Derry dominated the match especially in the 2nd half when Dundalk couldn't put 2 passes together.
    I heard a Dundalk fan on the way out of the ground after the match saying how did we (Dundalk)get out of there with a point.
    Missed this CS, although I went back on earlier post and agreed abs no way Dundalk deserved to win (ridiculous even to suggest), there is no way Derry dominated the game, second half no question, but if i was calling it, id say Dundalk possibly shaded it first half.

Back to my initial summary, Derry 'disappointed' not to have won it (fair), Dundalk delighted with the point (also fair), but Derry did not dominate the (full) game.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Watched last 15, abs no need for the Cork City defender to tackle just inside the box, should have 'jockeyed' the Sligo guy out or sideways, he left ref with easy choice.

From 2-0 up Healy will furious of not hanging on, but to be fair on Sligo they kept going and going and a draw looked a fair outcome in the end from other updates I read.
    we deserved little from that 2nd half sligo must have had 80% possession. didnt create a whole pile but we did ourselves no favours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Peno was doubtful, but he ignored a blatant handball in the box a few beforehand, cork were well organized, cynical but ultimately too negative and got rattled under pressure, deserved draw for us out of a poor overall performance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Thought the penalty was given for handball myself. We were very poor. Lots of possession but mainly across the back line and created very little from it. Cork went close twice after scoring the second. Suppose at least we kept going and got a point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    Thought the penalty was given for handball myself. We were very poor. Lots of possession but mainly across the back line and created very little from it. Cork went close twice after scoring the second. Suppose at least we kept going and got a point.
    Nah, it was given for a truly terrible dive. Shocking penalty decision.

Only watched the last 10 minutes but Cork only really have themselves to blame too for their ultra defensive approach towards the end. Just sat back and allowed Sligo to come at them rather than trying to get the ball down the other end and hold it in the corners.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    We’ll it looked like it hit his hand from where I was and he certainly didn’t complain too much about it. Barlow loves to throw himself to the ground. Should have gotten a second yellow against Shams for it.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Missed this CS, although I went back on earlier post and agreed abs no way Dundalk deserved to win (ridiculous even to suggest), there is no way Derry dominated the game, second half no question, but if i was calling it, id say Dundalk possibly shaded it first half.

Back to my initial summary, Derry 'disappointed' not to have won it (fair), Dundalk delighted with the point (also fair), but Derry did not dominate the (full) game.
    Probably a fair summary. Dundalk started better for sure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    215 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wonder88 View Post
    Difficult night for Kerry in ED Park tonight, they probably should have set up more defensively and things like conceding right on the half-time whistle didn't help. The full-time fitness showed towards the end as well. I recall an 8-1 against Sligo not that long ago, so for Kerry folk, keep at it and keep the faith.
    Kerry were like lambs to a slaughter. It was blatantly obvious that a defensive setup was required. Seeing is believing I suppose. The management team and the playing squad have learned the hard way.
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Looks like the ref gave that penalty for handball to me anyway.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Hard watch at the MF fri night ,Cobh deserved their victory in the end ,surprised to see Alec Byrne on the bench as the team needs a baller in midfield,teams have so far defended Treatys only real way to goal ie setplays quite well and the home teams defending was at times inexcusable. .Tommy Barrett needs a win next week or there will be more away fans at the MF than home ones at the next home game.Again no local in the starting eleven and just one player from the midwest.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456