Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Games weekend 10th / 11h March 2023

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kksaints View Post
    More trash from us tonight, ridiculous tackle from Lennon when on a yellow card. Bohs are a good side but we're really struggling.
    It's really surprising how poor you were tonight. Not sure what way Clancy wants you playing. Don't think we played our best tonight tbh, second goal tops the Sligo winner for defensive ineptitude Will Kelleher pull the plug?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    [QUOTE=Nesta99;2140742]Such belief is laudable PC and I agree in that it will be far too early to concede a league even if 13 points adrift in round 1.

I ]

More laughable than laudable to be honest Nesta. Absolutely dire from Rovers tonight albeit playing against a team who seemed to be using kicking for touch as a tactic.
    At least ucd, drogs and Cork try and play football. If duff ever becomes Rovers manager he won't last long with that anti football..
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    Seems like some of your fans have already turned
    https://twitter.com/McDonnellDan/sta...trjPnBflA&s=19
    No surprise…

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohtastic View Post
    It's really surprising how poor you were tonight. Not sure what way Clancy wants you playing. Don't think we played our best tonight tbh, second goal tops the Sligo winner for defensive ineptitude Will Kelleher pull the plug?
    Think he wants crosses from wing backs and quick ball up to the forwards when the ball is recovered. But we don't have enough players in the box for crosses as the midfield is terribly set up with it too deep to provide support for the attack but not deep enough so that teams can find space in front of the backline. And when we recover the ball we're too deep so that backlines have a field day winning headers and recovering second balls. It's both ineffective and not great to watch.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    The saying "whoever finishes above Shamrock Rovers will win the league" might need to be amended this season.

We were so poor, particularly in the second half.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Only one home team scored tonight.

But they outscored every other team in the league 9-8

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Defences on top in Ballybofey,neither did enough truth be told but plenty of effort and endeavour,decent crowd again considering away crowds are nearly non existent,will need a win soon to keep them though….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Hardly a vintage performance from Bohs tonight but showed a lot of effort and perseverance that was missing in games the previous 2 seasons. Last year we would have found a way to lose that game even though Pats only had 1 effort of note from a corner which drew a great save from Talbot.

Pats are a strange team. They have some very nice players and good individuals but they don't seem to be working well together. Defensively they looked poor and I'd say they looked worse attacking. Do Pats fans think Clancy will last much longer?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    [QUOTE=placid casual;2140805]
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Such belief is laudable PC and I agree in that it will be far too early to concede a league even if 13 points adrift in round 1.

I ]

More laughable than laudable to be honest Nesta. Absolutely dire from Rovers tonight albeit playing against a team who seemed to be using kicking for touch as a tactic.
    At least ucd, drogs and Cork try and play football. If duff ever becomes Rovers manager he won't last long with that anti football..
    Never expected to hear any sane hoops fan imagine the bluffer as a future manager. Kerry, maybe when they cotton on to crying Billy.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    https://twitter.com/LeagueofIreland/...xRw8aTerQ&s=19

Good to see Pats fans celebrate Bohs winner with some toilet roll

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Hello darkness my old friend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    326 Posts
    That must be one of the easier visits to Inchicore I can remember. We looked like the home side for large parts of the match. Devine has players who looked hopeless last season playing like world beaters. We seem like we have goals in us but the worry was always the defence. Tonight’s clean sheet was one of the really enjoyable aspects of the win. Clancy could be a goner. Imagine Long took over.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    This isn't based on any good authority but I'm quite sure Clancy will be gone by no later than the Rovers game and Long will be in.

This is no disrespect to any of Dundalk, Sligo or Bohs but all three were made to look so much better than they probably are this last week in the sense that they totally controlled things against a side they're meant to be competing with, and in most quarters were less favoured than going into the season. Clancy has had a disaster and I've wanted to warm to him more than most.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Shocking stuff from Rovers, no urgency , no penetrative against a woeful shelbourne. I've never seen a team actually kicking for touch from free kicks. Duff should be ashamed of himself. We are running out of excuses for being terrible.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    Difficult night for Kerry in ED Park tonight, they probably should have set up more defensively and things like conceding right on the half-time whistle didn't help. The full-time fitness showed towards the end as well. I recall an 8-1 against Sligo not that long ago, so for Kerry folk, keep at it and keep the faith.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Bray v LTFC was a tough watch. And not just because of the terrible (I assume) Pixelot cameras randomly zooming in and out and missing the ball on several occasions. Not an awful result but we're going to struggle to score goals.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Students in big trouble already 5 games in. Pitch was a disgrace tonight, embarrassing for a premier division game to be played on a pitch covered in bare patches destroyed by rugby scrummaging

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    This isn't based on any good authority but I'm quite sure Clancy will be gone by no later than the Rovers game and Long will be in.

This is no disrespect to any of Dundalk, Sligo or Bohs but all three were made to look so much better than they probably are this last week in the sense that they totally controlled things against a side they're meant to be competing with, and in most quarters were less favoured than going into the season. Clancy has had a disaster and I've wanted to warm to him more than most.
    Not sure Long would be a great solution to the problems I saw for Pats. In the end he struggled to get the team motivated on a week to week basis, had the team set up poorly and conceded many silly goals to snatch a loss or a draw from the jaws of victory and struggled to get the best out of some talented players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Another Bohemia View Post
    Not sure Long would be a great solution to the problems I saw for Pats. In the end he struggled to get the team motivated on a week to week basis, had the team set up poorly and conceded many silly goals to snatch a loss or a draw from the jaws of victory and struggled to get the best out of some talented players.
    There's only a finite amount of coaches to go around in this league so as much as you may be correct, at the same time I also wonder if he may just be the best available option. Baraclough could be an interesting one if he hasn't now moved beyond the league, but otherwise there isn't exactly heaps of obvious candidates.

Randomly got talking to a few folk that work in and around Bohs tonight that were absolutely raving about Long and said they'd almost be wary of how good of a job he'd do for us, but they may well have just been taking pity on our current plight when speaking to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bowler View Post
    Students in big trouble already 5 games in. Pitch was a disgrace tonight, embarrassing for a premier division game to be played on a pitch covered in bare patches destroyed by rugby scrummaging
    Watching the highlights now and the pitch is looking pretty rough alright.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast