Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Games weekend 10th / 11h March 2023

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts
    5 games in 1 goal from open play for pats which was a pure wonder strike from Forrester out of nothing in Sligo. Not sure where the next goal is going to come from let alone next win. Grim stuff
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Pats are so so ****e so far this year. Things are already so bad their own fans celebrated Bohs 2nd goal tonight by throwing toilet rolls on the pitch. (They may have been bohs fans in the home end given their huge support base)

Huge difference in mentality at Bohs this year. Fair play to Devine for ****ing out the players with the poisonous attitudes in the club (Aka Liam Burt amongst others) At least this year the club has players who want to play for the club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Dundalk excellent last night and Andy Boyle was Motm imo.
    Coulda/Shoulda have won. Hopefully now bob benson is back we can start winning games that we draw or lose. -
    Greg Sloggett another for a good mention,was excellent AGAIN.
    Derry without Duffy look very blunt.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kksaints View Post
    More trash from us tonight, ridiculous tackle from Lennon when on a yellow card. Bohs are a good side but we're really struggling.
    Yep, agree with that. Bohs worth the win and I must say Neil Doyle had a great game. Got every major decision right.

Pats look lost, really not playing to the sum of their parts. There must be a change coming soon?

What would be the Saints' fans views be on Long?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    215 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wonder88 View Post
    Difficult night for Kerry in ED Park tonight, they probably should have set up more defensively and things like conceding right on the half-time whistle didn't help. The full-time fitness showed towards the end as well. I recall an 8-1 against Sligo not that long ago, so for Kerry folk, keep at it and keep the faith.
    A result like last night was waiting to happen. Being competitive in the first three games brought a false sense that everything was ok. It's all well and good wanting to play attacking football but the defensive structure has a be right. Especially against opponents like Galway.
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legendz View Post
    A result like last night was waiting to happen. Being competitive in the first three games brought a false sense that everything was ok. It's all well and good wanting to play attacking football but the defensive structure has a be right. Especially against opponents like Galway.
    Yeah Kerry were totally naive in the way they set up tonight. It's ok against some of the lesser teams in the Division but so far this season we look like a full-time mid Premier Division outfit. I don't think it's any problem to go more defensive in certain games.

Some of the goals were absolutely terrible to concede. The first goal where the keeper palmed in a cross, the set piece where we had a free header from about 4 yards, Lomboto's goal was a counter attack from your corner, ok that happened to Rovers against Derry I guess. The goal from a throw-in by the corner flag where your defence was asleep, the one the keeper dived over. A lot were down to individual errors but the way you were set up any individual error led to a chance for us.
    I phoned the speaking clock to hear a voice speak, it said - "At the tone you will be very much alone"

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    There's only a finite amount of coaches to go around in this league so as much as you may be correct, at the same time I also wonder if he may just be the best available option. Baraclough could be an interesting one if he hasn't now moved beyond the league, but otherwise there isn't exactly heaps of obvious candidates.

Randomly got talking to a few folk that work in and around Bohs tonight that were absolutely raving about Long and said they'd almost be wary of how good of a job he'd do for us, but they may well have just been taking pity on our current plight when speaking to me.
    Yeah very true on coach availability and with a rookie there is inevitable teething pains that can be avoided by bringing in someone who has experience.

Listen you'll have no trouble finding people who remember Longs time at Bohs very fondly. There are some who even believe he should have been given more time. From what I've heard removing him from his position was not a unanimous decision either but we were a mess last season. We didn't even have a set captain from the start of the season to the end. Don't get me wrong there were good memories in there as well but it was the right decision to get rid of Long. Just look at the turn around of individual players within the Bohs squad like Coote and Flores. I would've been happy to see the back of them at the end of last season

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by David BOHie View Post
    Yep, agree with that. Bohs worth the win and I must say Neil Doyle had a great game. Got every major decision right.

Pats look lost, really not playing to the sum of their parts. There must be a change coming soon?

What would be the Saints' fans views be on Long?
    Normally I would be very critical of the refs, but I agree Doyle had a great game and let it flow as best he could. Some very meaty but fair tackles that other refs would have blew up for and dished out cards. He handled the game very well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    215 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JC_GUFC View Post
    Yeah Kerry were totally naive in the way they set up tonight. It's ok against some of the lesser teams in the Division but so far this season we look like a full-time mid Premier Division outfit. I don't think it's any problem to go more defensive in certain games.
    From Galway's opening results and Kerry's competitiveness in the opening games, there was as I said a false sense of security. I was looking at the correct score odds pre-game to try and work out what the bookies were predicting. Last night was a harsh lesson for the Kerry management and squad to learn from but it was coming. Kerry as you say will have to go more defensive in certain games and there is nothing wrong with that. It's pointless hoping to draw a Shamrock Rovers at home in the FAI Cup if the defensive setup isn't there to at least compete as best as possible.
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bohsmug View Post
    Watching the highlights now and the pitch is looking pretty rough alright.
    Suppose the weather and the late go-ahead for the match (working on it till 5pm) can't have helped in fairness)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    Coulda/Shoulda have won. Hopefully now bob benson is back we can start winning games that we draw or lose. -
    Dundalk barely got out of their own half practically the whole of the 2nd half. Agree that Derry didn't create as many clear cut chances as they should have but to say that Dundalk shoulda won is nonsense.

Sloggett was lucky not to get a 2nd yellow on a number of occasions. Ref was very lenient with him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    https://youtu.be/sVTeXN8TOpQ?t=383

happy to see the ref getting some praise at Richmond but the officials really dropped a clanger in the lead-up to Bohs' second goal. You can't be offside from a corner kick

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnsie View Post

happy to see the ref getting some praise at Richmond but the officials really dropped a clanger in the lead-up to Bohs' second goal. You can't be offside from a corner kick
    lino

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    That's a great spot!

Nice of Pat's to return the ball so quickly. Very sporting.

16. Thanks From:

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Rolling ball too.
    BetweenTheStripes.net - Home of Between the Stripes LOI podcast.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    You must have been watching a totally different game than everyone else.
    Derry dominated the match especially in the 2nd half when Dundalk couldn't put 2 passes together.
    I heard a Dundalk fan on the way out of the ground after the match saying how did we (Dundalk)get out of there with a point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Candystripe View Post
    You must have been watching a totally different game than everyone else.
    Derry dominated the match especially in the 2nd half when Dundalk couldn't put 2 passes together.
    I heard a Dundalk fan on the way out of the ground after the match saying how did we (Dundalk)get out of there with a point.
    That could easily have been me you heard! I would have taken a point before the game but after the game I was very happy with it. We played well enough in the first half but most of the second half was a very good rearguard action. Derry had most of the ball and spent a lot of time around our box but lacked a clinical edge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Say what you want about good old Limerick FC (and who here among us hasnt?) but at least on the regular occasions we were **** it was nearly always with at least a smattering of local players dammit!

Outside looking in treaty united is not good.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    Say what you want about good old Limerick FC (and who here among us hasnt?) but at least on the regular occasions we were **** it was nearly always with at least a smattering of local players dammit!

Outside looking in treaty united is not good.
    Any suggestions what local players we should sign, I'm all ears.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    215 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnsie View Post

Did Pat's also have a goal ruled out in the 2nd minute because of an offside from a corner?

LAW 11: OFFSIDE
    3. No offence

There is no offside offence if a player receives the ball directly from:
    a goal kick
    a throw-in
    a corner kick

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast