Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Games Weekend 3rd/6th March 2023

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by total hoofball View Post
    From watching replay of the Shels disallowed goal it could have been Farrell who was called offside not Robinson, camera did not have a clear angle of that area. Shane seemed to be as bemused as Robinson it would have been odd for him to have ran into an offside position in that area 7 or 8 seconds before he was on camera in our own half and it didn't look like his movement that he had dropped back in from an offside position to head the ball
    It was definitely against Farrell. Impossible to tell from the pictures as there's about 3 seconds between Paddy Barrett knocking it forward and Farrell appearing in the picture. You can certainly see he's come from closer to the goal to win the header. Andy Boyle seemed fairly convinced he was offside and is appealing as he's going for the header and then gives the assistant a clap for spotting it. Boyle, as a defender, would do that but if there was no chance of him having been offside he wouldn't have been appealing at all.
    I phoned the speaking clock to hear a voice speak, it said - "At the tone you will be very much alone"

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Based on what I seen last season Luke Dennison is a class GK and should be playing instead of James Talbot.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FTA-1895 View Post
    The refs in the league are laughable at this stage. I'm pretty sure they must be actively telling linesmen to wait for them to make a decision before they put their flag up. The offside goal looked like an awful call and Slogett should have been booked (would have been a second yellow) for a woeful dive just outside the area but went on to be man of the match.

We'd looked solid enough defensivly over the first three and half games but second half last night we gave away two poor goals and Kearns bailed us out with a couple of good saves. Was surprised at Dundalk's showing after them hammering Pats. Andy Boyle didn t look great last night and the lad beside him looked like an accident waiting to happen all night.
    I thought we were terrible all night, first half especially.

When Hoban dosnt play we look bang average (same last season) when he came on we looked much better

Friday will be a hard one in Derry not expecting much. Staying over, Great wee City for pints after a game and a night out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    From what I heard on a radio broadcast it was alleged that a member of the Shelbourne backroom staff laid the head into someone on the Dundalk staff. This is what caused the trouble.
    If so, I assume this would carry a five week ban, if not longer.

It is interesting too that Livescore indicated that a player not on the field of play was booked, in one of the games Monday. I never saw that indicated before.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrufil View Post
    From what I heard on a radio broadcast it was alleged that a member of the Shelbourne backroom staff laid the head into someone on the Dundalk staff. This is what caused the trouble.
    If so, I assume this would carry a five week ban, if not longer.

It is interesting too that Livescore indicated that a player not on the field of play was booked, in one of the games Monday. I never saw that indicated before.
    Joey O Brien and it was our third choice keeper Mark Byrne he hit after Byrne said something to Duff who also wasn't impressed with Byrne

Marks a local lad who is let's just say a bit of a hot head https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football...ena-irish-cup/

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Watching the highlights of the match in Tallaght, that Hoare goal could have been disallowed? Pretty clear handball fron Grace that stopped the clearance... hard to miss Grace's reaction.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678