Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Games Weekend 3rd/6th March 2023

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    I somewhat enjoyed my first LOI trip to Mounthawk Park but that's because I parked myself in the front row of the away section and didn't budge until full-time. The vast majority could not see anything at all, something that cannot be said in any other League of Ireland ground that I know.

A great array of food vans in fairness. Segregation will be an issue is there is no way to have fans enter and leave at separate entrances.

Without a doubt it is the worst atmosphere I've ever witnessed at a football match. I appreciate that there is no culture of senior football in Kerry but it would have been like a funeral home if it wasn't for a very vocal (and humorous) away support.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Granted no chanting from kerry fans but in the stand at least the crowd were vocal behind the team. Treaty fans made great noise singing most of game. Enjoyable game. Shearer if that's the worst atmosphere you've experienced at a football game you haven't been to many games. Been at plenty of l.o.i games with worse atmospheres.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by listowelceltic View Post
    Been at plenty of l.o.i games with worse atmospheres.
    I would wager none of those games were at capacity.
    Any ground that is sold out usually generates a cracking atmosphere, but it was flat for the whole game outside of the goal.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    TBF, a tradition of chants and singing is going to take the best part of a full season to organically develop, particularly when there's no real culture of same in GAA (the Dubs having largely stolen theirs first day from the LoI).

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    To all my Kerry FC friends...history will record that Kerry Fc attained their FIRST ever point in LOI football when they drew with Treaty Utd at Mounthawk Park before a sellout attendance on Fri March 3rd 2023....................

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by da bishop View Post
    To all my Kerry FC friends...history will record that Kerry Fc attained their FIRST ever point in LOI football when they drew with Treaty Utd at Mounthawk Park before a sellout attendance on Fri March 3rd 2023....................
    Jesus if Treaty burst into flames you wouldn't p*ss on top of them. Get a hobby.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by listowelceltic View Post
    Been at plenty of l.o.i games with worse atmospheres.
    So have I.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    I would wager none of those games were at capacity.
    Any ground that is sold out usually generates a cracking atmosphere
    Culloty has answered this.
    Quote Originally Posted by culloty82 View Post
    TBF, a tradition of chants and singing is going to take the best part of a full season to organically develop, particularly when there's no real culture of same in GAA (the Dubs having largely stolen theirs first day from the LoI).
    Tradition does take time. When Ireland moved back into the Aviva Lansdowne Road, it took a while for the place to be rocking.
    Before the first game against Cobh, the Kerry players were curious about what the support would be like. The supporters were curious about the team setup etc. The team are still 2 to 3 games away from gelling. All going well there will be a game this season where we can say Kerry have arrived and Mounthawk Park is rocking. For now there is still a novelty factor.
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    A healthy local niggle happening it seems so the developing of a fan identity for Kerry has started here on Foot.ie.

9. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legendz View Post
    All going well there will be a game this season where we can say Kerry have arrived and Mounthawk Park is rocking. For now there is still a novelty factor.
    Agreed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    If we dont beat Cork tonight we are officially in crises.
    If anything away to Sligo , Drogs , home to Derry and Cork is a soft enough start.
    Excuses about sending offs and bad luck are just that excuses.
    We won the league last year without playing well helped by a bunch of late goals and have started off the same this year but without the late goals.
    Time for us to show up with a bit of the 2020/2021 form.
    Fingers crossed , the one positive i take is that generally when this team has its back to the wall they deliver...time to go on a run

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    If we dont beat Cork tonight we are officially in crises.
    If anything away to Sligo , Drogs , home to Derry and Cork is a soft enough start.
    Excuses about sending offs and bad luck are just that excuses.
    We won the league last year without playing well helped by a bunch of late goals and have started off the same this year but without the late goals.
    Time for us to show up with a bit of the 2020/2021 form.
    Fingers crossed , the one positive i take is that generally when this team has its back to the wall they deliver...time to go on a run
    After 4 games last year we had 6 points - so win tonight and we’ll be fine….. only Finn and Lopes missing so no excuses …. And based on how we played last Friday if we reproduce that and no dumb errors I’d expect a big win tonight

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    hopefully we can keep the score down in tallaght. not getting fooled by that ucd result. rovers will be up to make amends and they didnt even play all that badly friday. worry for us big time in wing back/full back areas especially our right side.

will clancy be under pressure with a poor result tonight? derry will hockey ucd, cant see anything less than 3+ win.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd2793 View Post
    will clancy be under pressure with a poor result tonight? derry will hockey ucd, cant see anything less than 3+ win.
    What's a poor result for Clancy? A loss isn't the end of the world, in fairness.

I've gone for 3-0 against UCD, but we don't tend to hockey anyone away from home. Granted we put seven past them in the Brandy last year, but we won away by one/two goals. With two trips to Dublin in four days, a 1-0 win would be grand.

Curious to see how Bohs get on against Drogs, who have started better than expected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    I think a lot of the fan base have been unconvinced by Clancy and especially after Friday the pressure will really be on him in that sense if there isn't a reaction tonight, though I'm not sure those sentiments would shared by the board to the same extent. Ultimately it's still extremely early in the season and I don't get the impression that there's any negative feeling from last year that would have carried over.

I've had more time for him than most but have to say we have been shocking so far, the result against Shels was flattering and Friday speaks for itself, the opener against Derry was an alright battling display but we only created via set-pieces which has remained the case in the following games. He needs to show more of a plan and quickly. As has been the case in the league before you get the sense that there being an obvious replacement candidate out there for a few clubs (Long in this current case) might make them more trigger-happy than usual if things begin to go wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    What's a poor result for Clancy? A loss isn't the end of the world, in fairness.

I've gone for 3-0 against UCD, but we don't tend to hockey anyone away from home. Granted we put seven past them in the Brandy last year, but we won away by one/two goals. With two trips to Dublin in four days, a 1-0 win would be grand.

Curious to see how Bohs get on against Drogs, who have started better than expected.

i think pats performance wise havent really been good under him at all for a sustained stretch. dont think hes all that and i think pats fans should expect more given the quality of the players he has. the 2 performances before friday didnt sound too impressive. add that to the fact he threw a few players under the bus including curtis , i think fans could turn on him quicker than most suspect

UCD are a lot poorer than last year, id be shocked if derry cant rack up a good few goals. havent seen as poor a defence in years.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    Famous last words here, but we can be prone to a thumping away from home, but we're generally more solid at home. Derry last year a good example - you wouldn't want to judge us on the 7-1 up there for example, as the rest of the season showed.

Don't expect to get anything out of tonight, but I'd be disappointed if we made it as easy as last week for all that. Friday is the proverbial much bigger game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Very enjoyable game in Dalymount,some decent football from both sides ,both keepers look suspect which always makes it a bit more watchable for the neutral!
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Cork 2-1 up in Tallaght,didn’t see that one coming!
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Cork 2-1 up in Tallaght,didn’t see that one coming!
    Neither did I as as we were cruising at one nil…. Then Cork equalise and have just scored a miracle goal from half way line… crisis anyone
    Last edited by Calcio Jack; 06/03/2023 at 7:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Cracking strike from Crowley to give us the lead

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast