Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Games Weekend 3rd/6th March 2023

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    A professional job in Tallaght. Took our chances and got in and out with minimal fuss. The kind of performance that we couldn't conjure at will last season. A few more of those and we'll be well on our way this year.

Will be delighted for us just to keep our heads and keep on trucking cause the rest of the league looks just a bit wacky...
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Waterford were poor tonight and Galway deserved the win. Simple goal from header at far post from a corner decided it.
    Waterford had only 1 decent effort in 2nd half when Eddie Nolan's header was tipped over by keeper. Frustrating 2nd half with a lot of yellow cards, fouling and timewasting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    Mounthawk Park is the worst ground I've ever been to.
    I've been to Jackman Park. Have you? I've been to the Markets Field as well. Have you?
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Shamrock Rovers kept the ball well last night and caused us a few problems especially down that right hand side with Farrugia going forward but on a whole we seemed to cope with it fairly well.

Probably got a bit of luck with Trevor Clarke missing the ball when Ben Doherty went clean through on goal. Good composed finish though.

Referee played a decent advantage for the Rovers goal with out midfield basically stopping expecting a free kick to be given. Kenny finished it very well.

Our final goal was similar to our goal against Cork with Graydon playing it across to Mcgonigle for a fantastic finish into the bottom corner. Patching got fairly lucky with losing possession and the regaining it. I'll take it though.

Those last 20mins I feel like I kicked every ball. Overall a battling performance from the boys without being overly great. Shamrock rovers will no doubt get better and hopefully with out numerous injuries aswell that we get better.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Enjoyable and in may ways fascinating game in Tallaght. Playing out from the back at times Rovers were putrid whereas Derry seemed to do it with less bother. It seemed to be the way the teams were set up with Derry better able to Press. Our first Goal against was a mortaller in terms of us not having 2 screening players given that we had only half a center half. Rovers did also have some brilliant wing play on both sides throughout the first half with Ferrugia and Clarke getting past the opposite with relative ease. Rovers should of been up at half time given their dominance. Derry were excellent in the 2nd half breaking up the play reducing the contest to a niggly scrappy affair. The Derry Goal in the 2nd half was a sickener from a defensive point of view with 5 players around the Derry player in that you could have put a very large round table into the space given in the box, sat the derry player down, tucked his napkin under his chin and said "now sir for your first course we have a really good scoring option and here is the ball on a plate" nobody near enough to get a block on the shot as our waiters weren't really waiters.
    Missing our 3 center halves really has hurt us and all self inflicted. I looked like Ferrugia was struggling in the 2nd half as he kept having to stretch and Clarkie looked ******ed. Sean Kavanagh had a mare in the 2nd half. Any positives, its early doors, Jack looked good, I though kenny was ok and did not hide, he did make some poor decisions at times.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Higgins changed his tactics 2nd half with a really rare shape with Mcgonigle high left and Graydon at the right pressing. Oneill came inside with Patching centrally with Fats and Diallo behind them. Worked a treat. 1st half a shambles, so credit to them for that.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Students really poor last night in Cork, as bad as I've seen from them in 2 seasons. Defensively shocking all night, missing Todd badly, but the future has no Todd in it anyway as he is leaving in the summer. He played injured for the entire second half of last season,.and we are paying the price for that now. Hope he hasn't been physically destroyed by that and fully recovers and gets the move he deserves in the summer window

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legendz View Post
    I've been to Jackman Park. Have you? I've been to the Markets Field as well. Have you?
    I've been to more league of Ireland grounds than you've had thoughts about pyramid structures.

Tell me this when you were at the above could you see the game? I rank people being able to see the game of football that they have came to the football ground to see as important. You don't, that's fair enough.

But there's no need to be a smarty pants.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    I've been to more league of Ireland grounds
    I didn't realise on my trips to Markets Field that I was visiting the Bernabéu. Has the structural issue been resolved? Looking forward to visiting the Markets Bernabéu Field at the end of April.
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    The Markets Field is an ill conceived cheaply done grotty mess.

But you can see the game.

In Mounhawk Park large sections of the crowd can't see the game.

It's the worst ground I've been to because large swathes of the Treaty fans couldn't see the game.

Not parts of the game like in some grounds

But all of the game

Mounthawk Park is unrecognisable from the last time I saw it. Great credit is due to all involved for getting it up to the level it's at

The level it's at is totally unsuitable for hosting even modest crowds like the one last night

That's all I'm saying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    The Markets Field is an ill conceived cheaply done grotty mess
    Mounthawk Park is a district league ground thrusted into the League of Ireland. A gutter rat might struggle to understand. That's all I'm saying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Why can't away fans see the game? Where's the away section?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Mounthawk Park is a district league ground thrusted into the League of Ireland. A gutter rat might struggle to understand. That's all I'm saying.
    Now, legendz, a bit of friendly ribbing is one thing, but personal insults definitely cross the line!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Had St. Pats down as a possible title contender at the start of the season. Bizarre performance by them. I wonder if it is a one off, or what. They basically gave up after the 3rd, after barely putting amy effort in for the first 20min.

Dundalk looked a lot better. A fair bit more energy in the performance. Team looked properly set up and the new signings looked like they had some class too. Was worried after the first two games tbh. Can sleep easier now.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Fully understand your frustration Legz ,however you will in time learn that a certain section of what are now Treaty followers previously Limk fc followers have very short memories,and as is their want will deflect what should have been the real point of discussion ..the miserable performance last night on and off the pitch.i enjoyed my visit to Kerrys fc home ,good setup and saw everthing.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by culloty82 View Post
    Now, legendz, a bit of friendly ribbing is one thing, but personal insults definitely cross the line!
    I didn't accuse anyone of being one. Just saying in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by da bishop View Post
    Fully understand your frustration Legz ,however you will in time learn that a certain section of what are now Treaty followers previously Limk fc followers have very short memories,and as is their want will deflect what should have been the real point of discussion ..the miserable performance last night on and off the pitch.i enjoyed my visit to Kerrys fc home ,good setup and saw everthing.
    Fair play!
    I've accepted the shortcomings of Jackman Park and the Markets Field. Limerick and now Treaty have had to cut their cloth.
    The pyramid or pathway that was touched on, ideally going forward clubs like Kildare and CK can build at a level, and graduate to the League of Ireland when they have grounds of a certain standard. The league does need to move away from thrusting district league grounds into the league without adequate time to prepare and develop.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by da bishop View Post
    That's me alright.

Mr treaty

The ground isn't set up for crowds. People can't see.

It's a terrible ground because lots of the crowd can't see.

That's only my opinion. Yours is different. Grand.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiki Balboa View Post
    Had St. Pats down as a possible title contender at the start of the season. Bizarre performance by them. I wonder if it is a one off, or what. They basically gave up after the 3rd, after barely putting amy effort in for the first 20min.

Dundalk looked a lot better. A fair bit more energy in the performance. Team looked properly set up and the new signings looked like they had some class too. Was worried after the first two games tbh. Can sleep easier now.
    Were’nt much better against Shels tbh but didn’t get punished for it . Needs to be major changes for next game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Of Aherlow View Post
    Were’nt much better against Shels tbh but didn’t get punished for it . Needs to be major changes for next game
    Its a result and performance that could lead a lot of people talking and possibly be the beginning of a lot of pressure on Clancy- after that last night, they would need a quick bounce back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SwanVsDalton View Post
    A professional job in Tallaght. Took our chances and got in and out with minimal fuss. The kind of performance that we couldn't conjure at will last season. A few more of those and we'll be well on our way this year.

Will be delighted for us just to keep our heads and keep on trucking cause the rest of the league looks just a bit wacky...
    Not just on this result, and granted its very early in the season, one weekend run of results can have a 6 point swing but I did think start of the season Derry into year 2 of their new team that this was the season they could properly have a go at the title. A maturing McEleney and Duffy in full swing, Patching with his passing and Dummingan for his versatility, and Connolly a rock at back, now where did we see all them before?

Joking aside, this is as good a chance any team will have had since start of 2017 to dethrone the champions and Derry are looking the part, but Rovers have a massive squad and quality in almost every position, so you would think they will be back into their stride quick enough, then we can all go back to talking about who will be the best of the rest again to get 3rd and see if 4th will be enough for last euro spot.

One thing for sure, its shaping up to be a very competitive season with only 2 from 10 currently unbeaten and one of them was expected, may still end up in play offs or close to, but then again........
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast