Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Games Weekend 3rd/6th March 2023

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    D Duff's Shels get their first win, been coming as they have been unfortunate in their first two games. Good to see Wexford and Kerry get results tonight.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Big congratulations to Kerry FC on their first point in the LOI.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    The red for Connolly was a joke. He gets barged into by the Shels player from behind and the momentum pushed him forward into Wilson. I’d hope the club is appealing that one. The amount of cards in games is out of control.
    Cork fans were on to something when enraged by their players being tackled (2014-18 has been mentoned), Refs seem to be following suit these days, dishing out cards for tackles as if they were outlawed and sometimes for nothing obvious! 30 cards over 5 fixtures should jump out at the assessors even if not at the games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kksaints View Post
    Unbelievably bad performance from us. Lewis and Odumosu were particularly toxic but everyone was terrible.
    Shocking stuff. Thoroughly inept from Pats. We actually had more of the ball, but never remotely looked like scoring, and as for the defending, if you can call it that !
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Very good game in Tallaght Rovers played some scintillating stuff , got caught for two sucker punches by Derry , who took their two chances really well but aside from that never looked much of a threat …. Only mistake by us was starting Kenny ahead of Gaffney, as even though he scored I lost count of the number of times he lost the ball of gave a poor pass to break up a move.

Farrugia was brilliant but so frustrating as he beat Derry full back multiple times but failed to deliver one decent cross or shot.

Even Jack Byrne had a ‘fresh air’ from around penalty spot when it looked easy to score.

Based on tonight’s display Gary O’Neill is by miles the best centre half in the country ; not only defended well but strolled out of the defence and delivers some wonderful passes.

Finally after all the poor referee displays across the league since start of the season Neil Doyle was excellent.

So we’re now in the playoff position but I fancy after tonight that as John Giles likes to say we’ll give someone ‘a good hiding ‘ soon.

So we’ve given the contenders/pretenders a head start but we’ll be coming after you
    Last edited by Calcio Jack; 03/03/2023 at 10:50 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    As a Drog I couldn’t be happier with the start to the season Kevin Doherty manager of the month
    Drogheda United in this together

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinkicker View Post
    I would agree entirely with this, he was hit from behind after the event, lino had a great view, have to say the ref was not good tonight.
    Yes, was never a red, barged into by the following defender he bumped Wilson. Unfortunately the lad decided on the cheating route and fell as if shot holding his face.
    Coward and cheat son.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    Last season when we were battered against against Derry the silver lining was that they looked phenomenally impressive, but I'm not even sure Dundalk were that good tonight and it should have been more than 5. Stiff competition but one of the most astonishingly bad Pats performances I've witnessed.
    Keith Ward should really have scored late on to make it 6 when he was clean through, so you are right it should have been more than 5.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    my god ucd were bad. could have been 6 or 7 and it wouldnt have flattered us. not getting my hopes up yet as they were so poor but good to be off the mark infront of 5k fans nonetheless.

cant believe that pats result. can any fans tell my why mark doyle is still starting for a club in europe? its an obvious blindspot. wont even bother banging my ben mccormack drum as ive not watched the game back yet

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Red card in the Bohs was a shocker but we were pretty terrible tonight even before that. To be fair to Shels they're set up very well and won't let many in this season if they can keep that level of organisation.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Jaysus Pats. Good win for Galway, their aggressive scouting clearly paid off.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    First point for us in an even game,Bray had the best of the first half and we shaded the second,impressive debut from Noe Baba ,kept it simple and passed and tackled well,an upgrade on our midfield for sure….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Point and an improved performance. That's the main thing. Positive steps
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    That was enjoyable, we might stay up after all. Pats were hilariously bad, not sure how they'll blame that one on SOD but I'm sure there's an angle.

Bad result for Bohs after the winning the league against us last week. Shame for Connolly, a karma red perhaps.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legendz View Post
    Kerry played well. Getting a second yellow card was needless and ridiculous by Quaid. He was only moments from being substituted as well. Kerry have competed well now in the first three games and it's good to get a point on the board. Kerry need a few more games at this level but they are getting more street wise game by game. It was important to get at least a point ahead of Galway away next.
    Definitely, given their form, Eamon Deacy Park would have been an unlikely venue to get off the mark, and you want to make your home ground a fortress, even if the next Tralee game is three weeks away.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Mounthawk Park is the worst ground I've ever been to.

It's actually a poor man's Whitehall if one can imagine such a thing.

Kerry are dirt.

Treaty will not be troubling the playoff spots this year.

Very enjoyable trip all that said

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    326 Posts
    Felt we played into Shels hands by playing the game the way that most suited them. Scrappy and a bit helter skelter. The goal was from a poor clearance but it was well taken by Leavy. I reckon players fancy a hit from range against Talbot. Anyway, no real complaints, bar the sending off. Roll on Monday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    That was enjoyable, we might stay up after all. Pats were hilariously bad, not sure how they'll blame that one on SOD but I'm sure there's an angle.

Bad result for Bohs after the winning the league against us last week. Shame for Connolly, a karma red perhaps.
    Surely there will be one legal inspired headline somewhere.-“ Lilywhites lay down the law as Saints fall from grace.”

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Trying to think of a bigger more recent win v Pats, think there was that 4-1 away win in 2014 with the 30+ pass goal when Gannon scored, but even during that SK era games were fairly tight.

This was a hammering, and it almost total control at times, Pats almost asleep in so many areas, they had a great chance mind just before HT, a free that hit the post great effort probably deserved a goal, but christ apart from that they hardly laid a glove on Dundalk all night, they looked almost stunned as the goals kept going in.

Dundalk need to back this up with a result and hopefully 3 points v Shels at home on Monday. I made a joke to mates walking in, we need '7 points' from the 2 games, have to honest would have probably taken a point tonight as we looked just dreadful away to Bohs, despite what SOD about 'positives' in that game.

Anyway good to get off to the first win, but a lot of work ahead, that said the new signings starting to click, for me the guy on loan from WBA was excellent Rayhaan Tulloch. He got the 3rd around 50 mins, was clearly the MOTM, you could see he played at a much higher level, never mind the sponsors choice of Hoban, who to be fair did get off the mark at last.
    Last edited by oriel; 04/03/2023 at 12:12 AM.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    Well we kept 11 men on the field and were the better team but fair play to Derry, they had maybe 2 decent chances and converted both. They missed O'Reilly badly in midfield I thought and struggled with our pressing and overlapping for long periods although they improved in the second half. Both goals involved pretty poor defensive errors by us but their second was very easy on the eye. Having even one centre half available might have stopped at least one of them. I thought we'd go on and win it 2-1 or 3-2 based on the balance of play and chances but Derry defended well in numbers and got the job done. We probably brought Gaffney on too late. Not sure what's wrong with him but Kenny isn't a suitable replacement on his own. Great finish by him though so hopefully he'll grab a few now.

I've criticized Maher's distribution before but it was good tonight for the most part. They've also got the hang of the dark arts already. Fans and players alike. Players dropping like flies with cramp and the fans managed to perfectly time throwing a flare on to the pitch to stop Trevor Clarke as he broke away on goal from a throw in.

We are still a long way away from our best but we are finding our feet a bit. Poom actually had an impact on the game which was good to see and Jack was up for it. We will click soon enough I think. Hopefully on Monday to start a run up the table.
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast