Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Games weekend 24th / 25th Feb 2023

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CorribsideSteve View Post
    Great to see thee large crowds at all the games. Even UCD have more than 1,000 in there tonight. I wonder how long it can last.
    Well it's been announced as 716, but if the stand is half-full I'll eat my hat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Harps well beat in Athlone,atrocious goals given away ,long season ahead for us......
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Rovers looking like they will be 6 points behind Derry by next weekend.
    We need to change things up somehow.
    Missing Pico, Grace and Cleary for next weekend against Derry.
    Team look jaded and its two games in..so poor

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    I've been critical all week so I'm delighted to give credit for an excellent result for LTFC tonight. Didn't get to watch it but it sounds like a spirited performance from a very young team. Athlone may be better than I had given them credit for too given their good win tonight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Rovers looking like they will be 6 points behind Derry by next weekend.
    We need to change things up somehow.
    Missing Pico, Grace and Cleary for next weekend against Derry.
    Team look jaded and its two games in..so poor
    Didn’t think we looked jaded , in fact if Kenny took a few of the sitters he was played in for we’d of been at least 3 up… he didn’t and then the Grace/Cleary moron show kicked in ….. Cleary particularly was a disgrace managing to go out of his way to make sure he got two yellows ; he’s been superb since he joined but tonight’s act of petulance will take a long time to redeem

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Hull City's owner at Pats/Shels !!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Hull City's owner at Pats/Shels !!!!!!!!!!!
    Meeting Kelleher to settle the enormous compo St Pats still want from Dundalk....that or he has a moving target on LoI clubs. Shels would be a fit for his plans and could stay in Tolka.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Good win for Bohs there tonight. All the players put in a serious shift. Afolabi in particular was excellent. Caused Dundalk plenty of trouble. The sooner he gets up and running on the goal front the better because he has more than earned one so far. On Dundalk, they play some nice ball but lacked any real end product. Outside of their goal, which looked a bit hit and hope, I don't think they had a shot on target. Surprised O'Donnell didn't bring on Wardy as he might have added something a bit different for them.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Ah now behave, that Dundalk goal was a cracker, beautifully struck and loads of bend on it, I was right behind it and had a great view

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermobohs View Post
    Ah now behave, that Dundalk goal was a cracker, beautifully struck and loads of bend on it, I was right behind it and had a great view
    I was not behind it so I'll defer to you there. Still the only chance of note I recall from Dundalk and a well deserved win for us.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Very impressed by Adam McDonnell for Bohs tonight, some amount of running he does. Bucko has just slotted back in and looks like he never left. Feels like keeping him at right back would be a waste of him but he's looked so good there, Devine will have a lot to think about.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Dalymount looks well with the packed crowd behind the goal!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Pleasantly surprised by bohs , we look very up for it, Devine backing up the talk , I’m impressed. Definitely up for the top 4 battle. Sligo Patrick’s and Derry all look very good, shams curiously stale, ucd and drogs also up for a fight, shels a bit flat so far, poor signings? Fascinating start.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Galway win far more convincing than score would indicate, good crowd at Terryland ,some very good performances especially Manning,McCormack and McCarthy,Treaty tried hard but were well beaten,didnt create one chance from play,interesting to note not one player from Limerick on the team afaik.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Another Bohemia View Post
    I was not behind it so I'll defer to you there. Still the only chance of note I recall from Dundalk and a well deserved win for us.
    Agreed I felt we earned that, but they did have five goal attempts, plus a lot of possession late on, we had eight attempts at goal, five on target so yeah the more productive team.
    Middle two the key, they are working well together, and Afolabi is an absolute monster so far, that young man works haaard.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Disappointing to lose against Sligo this evening; general view (including Paul Buttner) is the winning penalty was outside the box. Certainly looks very tight on the highlights

Thought we played well overall though and certainly we're better than I was thinking we would be. Behan and Kinsella-Bishop have come on well after a year in the LSL and that could be huge for us.

Not sure who we'll finish ahead of yet, but I'd be more confident we will finish ahead of someone

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    From the limited highlights of ucd I’ve seen stu, you’ve got a shout this season , been way above expectations from what I’ve seen. Dodgy peno though, who’d have thought??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Had too many of them last season and could do without them this year!

Thought the first one for handball was harsh at the time, but from the highlights I think our guy should just keep his hands down and no issue

And then Drogheda draw against Rovers which wasn't in the script

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermobohs View Post
    Pleasantly surprised by bohs , we look very up for it, Devine backing up the talk , I’m impressed. Definitely up for the top 4 battle. Sligo Patrick’s and Derry all look very good, shams curiously stale, ucd and drogs also up for a fight, shels a bit flat so far, poor signings? Fascinating start.
    Just home from Dalymount. Dundalk were horrendous Bohs bossed the game without doing too much tbh

Lovely wee stand for away fans. Was great seeing 3 sides in use (if only small on away side)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Thought Dundalk had too many 50/50 punts from the keeper tonight, Bohs winning the second ball and that invited pressure on. Not ideal when you have the physicality of Afolabi to deal with and also the pace of Connolly. Buckley is a decent makeshift full back and Bohs looked pretty solid in central defence. There were a few glimpses that this Dundalk side can pass it around, Sloggett is a linchpin but always has one big mistake in him per game, other than that he could really pull the strings when all the new sgnings bed in. Malley has been a find. Angled balls by Sheppard to the wide areas with wing backs pushing on, trying to keep Bohs wide players deep wasnt working. When we went 2 down and really started chasing the game we became more composed on the ball, more went through the middle and then used the wide players rather than the battle for getting on top of broken play which Bohs won. Hoban may be strong enough to be a target man but he is a lot better with ball to feet which doesnt happen enough unless he drops deep. I think losing lewis (look like concussion) was a key moment as Sloggett had to drop deeper which meant Hoban did also.

Some game time and confidence and this could be a really decent Dundalk side. More good permanent sigings added, complimented by what could be some more handy loan signings and rebuilding the side with limited resources continues. At least the 3 at the back system isnt as delicate as the 2nd half of last season.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast