Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Lost"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I was watching the beach last night and the girlfs buddy walked in and she was reading into all the scenes until she realised that none of the lost characters were on the show.
    Just shows that if you throw them any line at all, it'll keep people excited for decades.
    City definetly have the best bands playing at half-time.

O'Bama - "Eerah yeah, I'd say we can alright!"

G.O'Mahoney Trapattoni'll sort ém out!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jebus View Post
    SPOILER: What in the name of God happened in Lost last night on Sky? Can't see how they are going to continue on from here for much longer, let alone another 4 series. I mean most of the Others are gone now, and we know they get off the island, so what the bloody hell is left??
    SPOILER: Its another 3 series.
    We only know that Kate and Jack get off the island. Richard and Ben are still alive and im sure they will have more backup but i think next season will be more about Jack and Locke , I doubt that the people supposedly coming to rescue them will in fact do that , Penny didnt know who Naomi was , interesting that Locke said to Jack you arent supposed to leave and then Jack in the flashforward wanting to go back to the island said "we werent supposed to leave"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    All answers are revealed below...

(Not really, spoiler free but funny)
    SIGNATURESCOPE

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    That's good, JTS. Michael Emerson is brilliant.

Oddly enough, someone did allegedly leak the future outline of the show today. You can read all about it here if you want to be spoiled (I haven't.) Could be balls though.
    A leading authority on League of Ireland football since 2003. You're probably wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    That's good, JTS. Michael Emerson is brilliant.

Oddly enough, someone did allegedly leak the future outline of the show today. You can read all about it here if you want to be spoiled (I haven't.) Could be balls though.
    Well as i said before the key to Lost is to remember "..it's always being now..."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    brilliant end to the season I thought. It has really picked up in the last 6/7 episodes.
    "If God had meant football to be played in the air, he'd have put grass in the sky." Brian Clough.

You'll NEVER beat the Irish.......you'll just draw with us instead!!!

Formerly: dublinharp carrickharp's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Risteard View Post
    Ha, whats with the angry smilie?
    Why don't ya just Stop?
    It’s addictive and I have been watching form the very first show, I don’t really watch many TV shows that are on going apart from the CSI’s, Prison Break (back next Monday!!) and a few others, in fairness Lost picked up this last month or so really enjoyed it last night.
    “Jockey Wilson . . . What an athlete.” - Sid Waddell
    www.donegaldarts.com

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Yeah, the last third or so of the current series was superb. Too much padding beforehand, though. I'm worried they may have shot their bolt now. Given events in the finale, I'm not sure how the drama can be strung out over three further seasons.
    A leading authority on League of Ireland football since 2003. You're probably wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    In fairness how much of a an absolute legend is John Locke!!!

With the flashback that was in the future, begs the question, how many of the other flashbacks/forwards were also in the future!!!
    'How can I hate women, my Mums one!!!' Chris Finch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    have you guys not had Prison Break series 2 yet aired back yonder?
    "If God had meant football to be played in the air, he'd have put grass in the sky." Brian Clough.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Who's funeral was Jack at in last night's episode? My phone rang just as he was about to look at the paper in the car and I didn't see what it said. Its beeen bugging me since.
    54 Crew-Finn Harps FC Supporters Club
    Following Harps Home & Away
    https://www.facebook.com/54CrewFHFC

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    We never found out. The screencaps apparently showed a name that looked like John Lantham, it was someone with a teenage kid anyway (Michael?) Could well be a character we haven't met yet as the flashback was set in the future. It was obviously someone Kate was antagonistic towards, given her reaction when Jack asked if she'd gone to the funeral.

Formerly: dublinharp carrickharp's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker1982 View Post
    have you guys not had Prison Break series 2 yet aired back yonder?
    Starts next Monday!
    “Jockey Wilson . . . What an athlete.” - Sid Waddell
    www.donegaldarts.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dublinharp View Post
    Starts next Monday!
    Watch it , the 2nd series is fantastic!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Neish View Post
    Who's funeral was Jack at in last night's episode? My phone rang just as he was about to look at the paper in the car and I didn't see what it said. Its beeen bugging me since.
    For what it 's worth the name on the front of the funeral home is an annagram for Fast Forward

I'm guessing Ben is in the coffin based on Jack's comment " I'm neither a friend or a member of the family" added to the fact that no else turned up....

anyway tis great fun... and I can easily see how they can get three more series out of it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    In reality it's only 2 more bulked up series based on US tv standards so it's not as much of a stretch as is being made out.

The three seasons will be 16 episodes long, rather than the usual 22. This means there's 48 episodes left, instead of the 66 they would have needed to do in normal circumstances so it's only 6 episode more than two regular seasons.

Indeed these three remain series will only have 1 more episode thant Season's 1 & 2 combined. Season 1 had 24 episodes while Season 2 had 23, making 47.
    Check out my new sports blog http://www.action81.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberdonian Stu View Post
    In reality it's only 2 more bulked up series based on US tv standards so it's not as much of a stretch as is being made out.

The three seasons will be 16 episodes long, rather than the usual 22. This means there's 48 episodes left, instead of the 66 they would have needed to do in normal circumstances so it's only 6 episode more than two regular seasons.

Indeed these three remain series will only have 1 more episode thant Season's 1 & 2 combined. Season 1 had 24 episodes while Season 2 had 23, making 47.
    thanks for that.... interesting set of numbers !! 4,8,15,16,23,42

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    We never found out. The screencaps apparently showed a name that looked like John Lantham, it was someone with a teenage kid anyway (Michael?) Could well be a character we haven't met yet as the flashback was set in the future. It was obviously someone Kate was antagonistic towards, given her reaction when Jack asked if she'd gone to the funeral.
    SPOILER: The teenage kid bit is unconfirmed speculation (possibly a red herring) as the visible part of the news article in the paper didn't show that. The given name may be an alias or possibly the real name of someone on the island (e.g. "Sawyer" not being his real name). Kate isn't in jail so may be living under a new identity but Dr. Jack is still Dr. Jack, hmmmm...

Was very close to giving up on Lost with all the nonsense filler and boring flashback episodes (Jack's tattoos, FFS ) but it started getting good again near the end. I also like the way the writers finally acknowledged how ridiculous it was that no one talked to each other or explained anything (blatant delaying tactics). I'm hoping that the fixed end-date will make them focus on what is going on as the longer they had to stretch it out the more it looked like they were making it up as they go along.
    SIGNATURESCOPE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    For what it 's worth the name on the front of the funeral home is an annagram for Fast Forward

I'm guessing Ben is in the coffin based on Jack's comment " I'm neither a friend or a member of the family" added to the fact that no else turned up....

anyway tis great fun... and I can easily see how they can get three more series out of it

why would Jack take his death so badly though? Unless Ben turns out to be a decent guy from hereonin.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker1982 View Post
    why would Jack take his death so badly though? Unless Ben turns out to be a decent guy from hereonin.
    Good point but much too logical !! Jack seemed to be saying at the end that it was a mistake that they were rescued and he wanted to go back...so maybe Ben was right !!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast