Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Hull City owners to take majority stake in Dundalk?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holidaysong View Post
    If I was Dundalk player being offered a contract renewal this week I would be looking for evidence Ainscough has the funds in place for this takeover
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    890 Posts
    I'd love to think that part of the process with the FAI was showing that the finances of a new owner held up to scrutiny.

On his intervew wth Gav, it means little but it was kind of refreshing to have no grandiose promises, quietly spoken man who seems pretty down to earth and pragmatic. If he can keep to his financial obligations, bring in additional money, then maybe just maybe a balance has been found between the investor type and the local business people.

New kit, new sponsor, ticket price freeze, and seemingly new signings already in the works and to be announced soon so not a bad start. Insisting that Hoban is under contract and will remain at the club is at least an interesting stance and it implies that fees will be involved in a move rather than being released from a contract to save on money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    He’ll fit in well with the other classy individuals at the club
    Such as?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    370 Posts
    https://m.independent.ie/sport/socce...705886381.html

Piece on Ainsclough departing Kerry and taking Dundalk over,I’d be a bit worried about Kerry reading some of that,there’s no way you’d fully trust the investors left behind ….
    Last edited by joey B; 01/12/2023 at 5:33 PM.
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    226 Posts
    He does not come across well in that interview at all.
    Hopefully Kerry will be ok, but couldn't imagine Dundalk fans are too happy either. Seems happy to do whatever he likes for his own gain, basically admitted as much. Where would he be off to next, when the opportunity arises?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    890 Posts
    The Hoban situation is a bit clearer now, not being offloaded to cut money. So its a managerial decsion from the clubs angle, does the manager want to keep him and the only reason for no imo is if S'OD thinks 2 or 3 players in for Hobans wage is preferable. Maybe Hoban staying with an improved budget with larger squad is possible. Alternatively all this was Hoban or agent agitating for a conract extension, improved terms or off to another club. Money wasnt there to honour, improve or extend a contract but now that potebtial bluff has been called and we will see how committed to Dundalk Hoban really is when there is a valid choice. Maybe im being a bit unfair and Hoban really is Dundalk through and through but I think when it boils down to it most players are loyal to the best paymaster irrespective of what they say to protest against a 'forced' move.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts
    As expected Ainscough has admitted like with Kerry he is a frontman relying on being potentially funded by US investors and suggests some of them may be Kerry's financial backers I don't think things can possibly be business as usual for Kerry for next season

I can already hear the rattling of the bucket collections around Oriel Park this summer to pay for Hoban's wages

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/...-41281726.html
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    371 Posts
    A sound of rattling will be 550k due to DFC in the summer from UEFA from last season, however obv no euro monies due in 2025, but key is to qualify for europe for 2025 season.

Budget will be similar to 2023.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    890 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by total hoofball View Post
    I can already hear the rattling of the bucket collections around Oriel Park this summer to pay for Hoban's wages
    Nah we've started Oriel Park modernisation already, gone all PDQs for future whip arounds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    He does not come across well in that interview at all.
    Hopefully Kerry will be ok, but couldn't imagine Dundalk fans are too happy either. Seems happy to do whatever he likes for his own gain, basically admitted as much. Where would he be off to next, when the opportunity arises?
    Amazing how we all perceive things differently because I thought he was very confident and assured throughout that interview. I really like him and I'm quite happy with him at the helm.(and I'm someone who can be called a dlk septic sceptic blxx btw ?)
    He might only last 3 years but he'll add extra value to the club along the way imo.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    414 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    https://m.independent.ie/sport/socce...705886381.html

Piece on Ainsclough departing Kerry and taking Dundalk over,I’d be a bit worried about Kerry reading some of that,there’s no way you’d fully trust the investors left behind ….
    No matter what way you look at it, Ainscough has been a self-cenntred sh!t towards Kerry FC here. Like dumping your new bride a few weeks after the wedding because a more glamorous girl has made eyes at you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    Amazing how we all perceive things differently because I thought he was very confident and assured throughout that interview. I really like him and I'm quite happy with him at the helm.(and I'm someone who can be called a dlk septic sceptic blxx btw ?)
    He might only last 3 years but he'll add extra value to the club along the way imo.
    I'll reserve judgement until we see some players confirmed, a week or more after the official confirm on takeover, only 2 players announced one is squad player and both only 1 year contract extensions or option to extend triggered. Still no confirm if Hoban is staying or not, that can't be too hard to sort out, 1/ He's under contract 2/ He's leaving if transfer fee can be agreed, still bizarre the whole thing about Hoban, unless its his agent or prev owners.

The new regime need to get a move on with player recruitment as we have already seen 3 leaving, maybe only 1 a confirmed starter (Dan Kelly) but still its more out than in.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts
    None of my business obviously but a lot of his quotes would concern me if it were -

“The idea is that we could get some portable stands that aren’t expensive to dress up the facility, put some red and black seating rather than grey out there. Those cosmetic things will make the fans feel that we’re doing something.

“We did a bit down in Mounthawk and they thought we were building Wembley. Something like that is not out of the realm for next season but not 2024,”

https://www.independent.ie/regionals...871036082.html
    No One Likes Us, We Don't Care

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreRovers View Post
    None of my business obviously but a lot of his quotes would concern me if it were -

“The idea is that we could get some portable stands that aren’t expensive to dress up the facility, put some red and black seating rather than grey out there. Those cosmetic things will make the fans feel that we’re doing something.

“We did a bit down in Mounthawk and they thought we were building Wembley. Something like that is not out of the realm for next season but not 2024,”

Honestly any improvement on Oriel park should be welcomed. They are in the position where a stand like the Mono in Dalymount would be a drastic improvement for their away supporters. Trying to find a perfect solution shouldn't stand in the way of smaller improvements like that which will improve the match day experience and could increase the capacity of the ground.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    414 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Another Bohemia View Post
    Honestly any improvement on Oriel park should be welcomed. They are in the position where a stand like the Mono in Dalymount would be a drastic improvement for their away supporters. Trying to find a perfect solution shouldn't stand in the way of smaller improvements like that which will improve the match day experience and could increase the capacity of the ground.
    I think it's the attitude which is the issue though. 'Look at how little we had to do in Kerry to appease the natives. So let's look to get away with the same up in Dundalk!'.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    I think it's the attitude which is the issue though. 'Look at how little we had to do in Kerry to appease the natives. So let's look to get away with the same up in Dundalk!'.
    As long as he's acknowledging that it is putting make up on a pig I'm not sure I'd be too concerned. I think he's more speaking to how low the expectations for facilities are within the league that doing basically the bare minimum can be seen as building Wembley. As with all things though we'll have to wait and see and honestly I wouldn't be surprised if I'm wrong and Oriel stays the exact same as it is now and Dundalk are looking for another owner in ~5 years

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    Exactly how I read it.
    No One Likes Us, We Don't Care

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Another Bohemia View Post
    A couple of those stands wouldn't cost an arm and a leg and would be a significant improvement, but it reads more like a Wexford style pop up stand he's targeting, which would be awful.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    890 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreRovers View Post

Im not sure the full context or tone of those comments come across fairly in that piece. Imo it was a fair question reasonably answered. To paraphrase in an attempt to set a broader tone: A lot needs to be done "We’d love to have a magic wand and do it all in one day but it will take a while.” In the short term there is no reason not to improve whats there eg portable stands, replace existing seating, cosmetic stuff that the fans will appreciate while there are bigger plans put in place. Small things matter to fans eg a small development in Mounthawk and fans felt as good as if we were building Wembley. There is a committee in place already that has started the process of addressing infrastructure issues but there hasnt been time to get stuck in to that yet, there are more pressing issues - 1st team and European qualification, pressing pitch and floodlighting to meet licencing requirements but SPG application is submitted and hopefully will help address those immediate facility issues.
    On being asked when would even portable stands happen, the rsponse was an honest it'd likely be 2025 as there just isnt the time for 2024 season start with everything else that has to be done by then. It can be done at not outrageous cost in the short term. Training facilities and pitch capacity for other teams and academy growth were also mentioned as high priority. Martin Connolly spoke on this sort of stuff eg where Liam Burns being drafted in as a 1st team coach took him away from successful community coaching and engagement and that there needs to be a return to this and rebuild the connect between club and community.

Is this chap the worlds greatest orator, nope, but there is no faux fanfare apparent. I think he is honest and sincere in his responses to the questions. Does he have the resources to fulfill even the most basic costs involved well who knows and time will tell. It is different from the bluster of high profile CEOs in past like Mal, Jim Magiltonthe big talkers from P6, Mike Tracey aside, the pure BS Bill thinking buzzwords like analytics would overshadow his 'braveheart' play or keepers taking thow-ins. Then practically complete silence from recent owners so maybe we have the bar set low and are blindsided by some reasonable straight talking. But I think selective quotes from a full press conference as per the above misrepresents tone and context! I dont think the media piece is detailed or long enough to take too much from it but if just going on this media piece though, I can see how it sounds disparaging to Kerry Fc and the 'throw a few scraps and the locals will be happy' slant.

Its not that long ago that sorting 'The Puddle' and a lick of paint would please fans - portable stand units behind each goal and we would have the Wemblies....for a wee while anyway.
    Last edited by Nesta99; 08/12/2023 at 9:49 PM.

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    I'll reserve judgement until we see some players confirmed, a week or more after the official confirm on takeover, only 2 players announced one is squad player and both only 1 year contract extensions or option to extend triggered. Still no confirm if Hoban is staying or not, that can't be too hard to sort out, 1/ He's under contract 2/ He's leaving if transfer fee can be agreed, still bizarre the whole thing about Hoban, unless its his agent or prev owners.

The new regime need to get a move on with player recruitment as we have already seen 3 leaving, maybe only 1 a confirmed starter (Dan Kelly) but still its more out than in.
    There's already a squad of 13(Hoban among them)so say your aiming for a squad of 19/20 we're not far away from that and negotiations are ongoing with Weir from drogs and McCormack from Pat's on the radar and I hear a new keeper coming from Scotland is being lined up.
    Dundalk fans have absolutely no patience,proven time and again.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast