Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hull City owners to take majority stake in Dundalk?

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,267 Posts
    I like this bit -

"It was unsurprising that over 90% of respondents to our supporter survey said that Oriel Park was not fit for purpose. Oriel Park is a home we are proud of."

But lookit, fair dues to them for trying to be open when the reality is, as they say, that's not always easy in business with NDAs flying around.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu;2138971[B
    ]I like this bit -
    [/B]
    "It was unsurprising that over 90% of respondents to our supporter survey said that Oriel Park was not fit for purpose. Oriel Park is a home we are proud of."

But lookit, fair dues to them for trying to be open when the reality is, as they say, that's not always easy in business with NDAs flying around.
    I do like a selective quote myself but the full comment is fair enough - its a kip but its our kip, I love Oriel Park warts and all! "Oriel Park is a home we are proud of – but it is clear that it is a major barrier to improving attendances and overall club development".
    Last edited by Nesta99; 24/02/2023 at 4:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Hull reps in attendance at the Pats Shels game according to the Sun. Informal contact with Pats about investing but Kelleher not interested, now "exploring the possibility of buying into Shels".

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,267 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    I do like a selective quote myself but the full comment is fair enough - its a kip but its our kip, I love Oriel Park warts and all! "Oriel Park is a home we are proud of – but it is clear that it is a major barrier to improving attendances and overall club development".
    Maybe "fond of" rather than "proud of", but yeah, I get the intended meaning alright, even if it's badly phrased.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Munster Saint View Post
    Hull reps in attendance at the Pats Shels game according to the Sun. Informal contact with Pats about investing but Kelleher not interested, now "exploring the possibility of buying into Shels".
    Seems to me the Hull owner just wants to invest in any club in Ireland to help further his own clubs aims. To me that is more worrying than if he’d decided to invest in a specific club.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Seems to me the Hull owner just wants to invest in any club in Ireland to help further his own clubs aims. To me that is more worrying than if he’d decided to invest in a specific club.
    Wouldn't surprise me if its just part of the negotiations... Dundalk release statement saying they're in discussions with other parties. Hull flirt with other clubs. You could be right though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    355 Posts
    Bournemouth owner interested in investing in Dundalk now is the new one,after taking over Lorient in France and wants to add to his “portfolio “…..
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    I doubt the Hull owner was ever chasing after a specific club, I dont think anything else was suggested in any Hull based comments. They are just looking for a club that meets a number of criteria whatever they may be. Maybe a few of things put Dundalk top of their initial interest eg European qualification and seeding, maybe even access to Statsports as a company, that its been suggested that owners are willing to talk to potential investors also. Shels, as mentioned above fit much of what they are after and they need some financial room to help with Tolka. Conversely, St Pats and Kelleher have their own ideas on where they are going. For obvious reasons Rovers, Derry, Waterford, Cork are not options. Drogheda could be a fit, plenty of 1st Division possibilities if premier divsion/european qualification are not musts. If there is a mark against Dundalk being in the mix it'd be the pitch if plan is all about young players and game time.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    207 Posts
    The Dundalk talks are off:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Good riddance too says I.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    355 Posts
    https://shelbournefc.ie/club-statement-acun-ilicali/

Shels confirmed as being taken over by Hull City’s owner….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    Great news for shelbourne fans, maybe Liam Rosenior will make duff send more than 3 players into the opposition half in games now
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Your man spelling Shelbourne wrong in his tweet about how excited he is to take them over is a great start.

In all seriousness it'll be interesting to see how this plays out. The comments from the likes of Rosenior that had Dundalk fans rightly concerned don't exactly marry with Duff's strong, public stances on the league not being taken seriously enough by outsiders etc.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    Your man spelling Shelbourne wrong in his tweet about how excited he is to take them over is a great start.

In all seriousness it'll be interesting to see how this plays out. The comments from the likes of Rosenior that had Dundalk fans rightly concerned don't exactly marry with Duff's strong, public stances on the league not being taken seriously enough by outsiders etc.
    He also managed to spell it correctly in the same tweet. Not something I'd read too much into.

I'd be more worried about the second part of your post. Do I need to watch a Hull City game to see how we're going to line out tonight? I think people were rightly concerned about Rosenior's comments when they were made so hopefully something has changed in the interim. If not I could see Duff walking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Investing in facilities is mentioned in the statement….. I’ll take this takeover as being serious when I see planning permission obtained and the commencement of upgrading Tolka started

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts
    If the guy is taking a majority stake and installing himself as Chairman then hes identified with the project.
    Fellas like this guy dont like to be associated with failure so i can see incoming loans in the July window at the minimum.
    Probably good news for Shels as tjhey were going nowhere as it was expecialy with Tolka.....i guess we will see

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    If the guy is taking a majority stake and installing himself as Chairman then hes identified with the project.
    Fellas like this guy dont like to be associated with failure so i can see incoming loans in the July window at the minimum.
    Probably good news for Shels as tjhey were going nowhere as it was expecialy with Tolka.....i guess we will see
    Yes billionaire "passion" projects never turn out poorly for football teams...or companies in general...

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Can’t see him being too bothered about pumping money into the ground , I’d say money will go into the academy as it’s in Hull’s interests .
    Did’nt Duffer say only recently he’s rather see money invested in an academy than improving the ground

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    I’d say the main concern for shels fans would be Damien walking if he gets any outside interference into his style and system. He’s been doing a terrific job there, be an awful pity .

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermobohs View Post
    I’d say the main concern for shels fans would be Damien walking if he gets any outside interference into his style and system. He’s been doing a terrific job there, be an awful pity .
    A terrific job as long as you don’t have to watch them on a regular basis

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast