Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Box Set / Series Binging - Catch All Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts
    Fleabag was brilliant, Phoebe Waller-Bridge is just incredible, she seems to have a completely different perspective to anyone else in comedy.

I'm still watching Welcome to Wrexham, it's still good and bad, doubt I'll go beyond the 1st season. Finished Beef, weakest attempt at farce I've ever seen. Finished Normal People, should have hated it but really like it. Started Citadel, don't think I'll like it; and Night Agent, think I will.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    858 Posts
    Hugh Howey's Silo trilogy is out on Apple TV based on the Wool / Shift & Dust books. The book came out in 2011, the film adaptation began almost immediately, never surfaced and was shelved a few years back. Apple went at it a couple of years ago & now its here. This is a very exciting thing for an always surprisingly smaller than it deserves number of people IMO, a magnificent read, one of my favourite books.
    Stephen Kenny Saviour, Leader, Winner, An Autobiography - In All Good Bookstores Now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts
    I enjoyed Silo, but it was quite slow and I suspect that it'll be one of those shows that they stretch out too far to the point that people and the networks lose interest in it, and it's never properly resolved.

Finished The Patient last night, with Steve Carrell and Domhnall Gleeson, quite enjoyed it. I liked the format of 9x 22 min episodes and a double at the end, easy to dip into, and although I ended up watching 2 episodes at a time, each episode ended with a little cliffhanger. Was worried all along it would have a disappointing ending, but nope. Worth a watch imo.
    Last edited by dahamsta; 07/07/2023 at 4:01 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,315 Posts
    I've had the American Gladiators documentary on for background noise in the last few days. It's only five episodes, the people involved seem relatively normal, apart from one of the directors who's probably on a register somewhere, and there's nothing too outrageous revealed, but it's well put together (as all recent Netflix documentaries are) and entertaining to know the background of the show.
    The UK version gets a short mention at the end. I'd watch a version of the doc on the UK show too.

All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    858 Posts
    Finished Black Summer last night, went through it in days, loved how its segmented and the minimalist dialogue.
    Then I read it is a spin off of Z Nation so I put that on and it was so different, and by different I mean terrible by comparison I clipped without making the end of Ep 1. Acting so bad, I thought, this must surely be parody. How can Black Summer be anything to do with Z Nation and how can it get 5 seasons while Netflix stall over an S3 for Black Summer.

Have I triggered too early ?
    Does Z nation pull out of its out of the blocks nosedive and become something credible ?
    Stephen Kenny Saviour, Leader, Winner, An Autobiography - In All Good Bookstores Now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,634 Posts
    The Bear - - brilliant series. Intense as f**k.

7. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    The Bear - - brilliant series. Intense as f**k.
    Yes Chef.
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,634 Posts
    Yes Jeff

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    I loved season one. Season two is mostly terrible I feel like.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,634 Posts
    The “Untold” sports documentary series on Netflix is a good watch. I find that even though it is American sports or story based, for the most part, the stories are interesting and well told.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Untold_(Netflix)

Ones I’d recommend:
    - Malice at the Palace
    - Crimes and Penalties
    - Breaking Point
    - Operation: Flagrant Foul
    - Hall of Shame

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,315 Posts
    I like the Rise and Fall of And1 episode too. Going to watch the Johnny Manziel episode this week.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,634 Posts
    The Capture is great fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts
    Downloading, ta.

I've basically set everything else aside and I'm ploughing through Ozark, 1-2 episodes a day, loving it. Last season now, getting sillier all the time but sure that's been the way all the way through. I'm assuming the ending will be incredibly silly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Ozark became a bit too silly for me. I abandoned it during the last season, which is a bit of a shame because it was fantastic up until then. Probably should have ended it a season earlier really.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,634 Posts
    The great shows know when their time is up (Succession, The Wire) before they go the only way they can which is to get sillier and sillier in terms of realism.

Billions is one that jumped the shark. Its on its final season now and I still watch it - and i do enjoy it (acting, great cast and humour) - but the last 2-3 seasons have been painful at times from a plot perspective. The first few seasons were up there in terms of how good it was. Ozark went maybe one season too long but never really got too silly for me not to enjoy it and, Nige, I really did enjoy the last couple of episodes and thought the ending was about as good as it could have been (tugged the heartstrings a bit) - if you can force yourself back to it, it might be worth it.

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,315 Posts
    Finished a few documentary series on netflix recently
    Quarterback - following three quarterbacks(Kirk Cousins, Patrick Mahomes, and Marcus Mariota) during the 2022 NFL season. Pretty good, the details they go into before a game was interesting
    Swamp Kings - on the Florida Gators university football team from 2005 to 2009. It's quite short, but it still took me a while to get through
    Wrestlers - on Ohio Valley Wrestling(OVW), the largest independent wrestling promotion. Interesting enough from a "look behind the curtain" point of view. Al Snow, if you remember him from the late 90s/early 00s ECW & WWE, is the head booker

The third series of Only Murders In The Building finished on Disney+. While still very good, it's the weakest of the three series so far. It's already been renewed for a fourth series, at which point someone has to ask why these three are always around when people are being killed.

On amazon prime, finished Daisy Jones and the Six. Got through the first five episodes in about two weeks, and took about three months to watch the final five. Didn't help that I read a minor spoiler online before finishing it. It's based on a book that borrows a lot from the end of Fleetwood Mac, so if you're into them give it a go.
    Started watching Gen V, the spin off from The Boys. Set in a university for super heroes in the same universe as the boys, and very much in the same vein as that series.
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 06/10/2023 at 11:12 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345