Following the draw in Nyon, Switzerland this morning, Ireland, who were second seeds for the first time at this age grade, were drawn in a six-team group. Fixtures to be confirmed in due course.
The Under-21s begin their preparations for the qualifiers with an international friendly against Iceland in Turner's Cross, Cork on Sunday, March 26.
Republic of Ireland Under-21s Head Coach Jim Crawford said: "We've some exciting games coming up against quality opposition and my staff and I can't wait to test ourselves against some top European nations. Italy, Norway, and Türkiye have great international pedirgree and Latvia and San Marino will be a new test for us. Qualification for the Under-21 European Championship is always a challenge and this is a challenge we're looking forward to.
"These games will be a great opportunity for players to develop and prepare for senior international football. I look forward to working with them as they will be new generation of Under-21s internationals."

Ireland Category:
Under 21 Mens

Choose Site:
Ireland

Introduction:
Republic of Ireland Under-21s will face Italy, Norway, Türkiye, Latvia and San Marino in Group A of the 2025 UEFA European U21 Championship qualifiers.

[MORE]