Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Jack Bonham (G Stoke B. 1993)

  1. #1
    Reserves
    Joined
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    926
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    89
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    209
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

    Jack Bonham (G Stoke B. 1993)

    Bazunu? Or Kelleher? Or Travers? Or Bonham? Ok, in the Championship - but 59.5% of shots saved, 25% clean sheets, goals conceded per game 1.08.

    Some action from 2021/22


    Deserves to at least make an Ireland squad.
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 01/02/2023 at 11:17 PM.

  2. #2
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    3,077
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    133
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,125
    Thanked in
    788 Posts
    I think Max O'Leary is a better Championship keeper than Bonham. Any time I've seen Bonham he has looked poor and made a mistake to cost his team a goal. Was signed to be a backup keeper by Stoke but has got in because their previous first choice (Butland?) hasn't lived up to the hype.

    The Irish keeper order for me would be Bazunu - Kelleher - Travers - O'Leary - Randolph - Bonham. I doubt Bonham will ever win a competitive senior cap for us, but at the same time we should be happy that a keeper who is a regular in the Championship may only be our sixth choice. A lot of countries our size find the keeper position very tough to fill at a decent level (NI/Wales/Scotland/Norway).

    Edit - Bursik was the other keeper, not Butland.
    Last edited by Eirambler; 02/02/2023 at 5:41 AM.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

  3. #3
    Capped Player
    Joined
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,621
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7,567
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4,751
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    I think Max O'Leary is a better Championship keeper than Bonham. Any time I've seen Bonham he has looked poor and made a mistake to cost his team a goal. Was signed to be a backup keeper by Stoke but has got in because their previous first choice (Butland?) hasn't lived up to the hype.

    The Irish keeper order for me would be Bazunu - Kelleher - Travers - O'Leary - Randolph - Bonham. I doubt Bonham will ever win a competitive senior cap for us, but at the same time we should be happy that a keeper who is a regular in the Championship may only be our sixth choice. A lot of countries our size find the keeper position very tough to fill at a decent level (NI/Wales/Scotland/Norway).

    Edit - Bursik was the other keeper, not Butland.
    Was going to say Butland signed for Man U!

  4. #4
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,668
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    8,321
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    814
    Thanked in
    569 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    Was going to say Butland signed for Man U!
    Where did it all go wrong ? ?

  5. #5
    First Team
    Joined
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,932
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    16
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    930
    Thanked in
    567 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    I think Max O'Leary is a better Championship keeper than Bonham. Any time I've seen Bonham he has looked poor and made a mistake to cost his team a goal. Was signed to be a backup keeper by Stoke but has got in because their previous first choice (Butland?) hasn't lived up to the hype.

    The Irish keeper order for me would be Bazunu - Kelleher - Travers - O'Leary - Randolph - Bonham. I doubt Bonham will ever win a competitive senior cap for us, but at the same time we should be happy that a keeper who is a regular in the Championship may only be our sixth choice. A lot of countries our size find the keeper position very tough to fill at a decent level (NI/Wales/Scotland/Norway).

    Edit - Bursik was the other keeper, not Butland.
    The Sean McDermott fan club want a 7th name on the ballot

  6. #6
    Reserves
    Joined
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    926
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    89
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    209
    Thanked in
    166 Posts
    Looks like Bonham will be adding to this season's 17 first team appearances for Stoke; current first choice 'keeper Sarkic (on loan from Wolves) will be out with a quad injury for 8-10 weeks.

  7. #7
    Reserves
    Joined
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    926
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    89
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    209
    Thanked in
    166 Posts
    Stoke City have triggered a one year extension to Bonham's contract. His season's stats: 27 appearances, 8 clean sheets, 47 saves (32 from inside the box). Total passes 728, unsuccessful passes 0. (Stoke City FC website).

    Stoke also extended the contract of Lewis Macari, who had a very successful loan spell at Dundalk.

  8. #8
    Coach tetsujin1979's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Dublin, originally from Limerick
    Posts
    22,410
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,105
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,051
    Thanked in
    3,332 Posts
    Zero unsuccessful passes?

  9. Thanks From:


  10. #9
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,668
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    8,321
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    814
    Thanked in
    569 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Demesne Lad View Post
    Stoke City have triggered a one year extension to Bonham's contract. His season's stats: 27 appearances, 8 clean sheets, 47 saves (32 from inside the box). Total passes 728, unsuccessful passes 0. (Stoke City FC website).

    Stoke also extended the contract of Lewis Macari, who had a very successful loan spell at Dundalk.
    Lou Macari's grandson ~ I can remember Low Macari playing.

    I wonder how far away I am from seeing the great grandson of a player I saw playing ~ playing ~ Or have I done so already and not known it ! !

  11. #10
    Coach tetsujin1979's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Dublin, originally from Limerick
    Posts
    22,410
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,105
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,051
    Thanked in
    3,332 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    Lou Macari's grandson ~ I can remember Low Macari playing.

    I wonder how far away I am from seeing the great grandson of a player I saw playing ~ playing ~ Or have I done so already and not known it ! !
    Ian Wright's grandson, Shaun's son, D'Margio is with Stoke as well, was out on loan with Northampton this season
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D%27Ma...right-Phillips
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

  12. Thanks From:


  13. #11
    Coach John83's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    8,685
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,000
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,179
    Thanked in
    732 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Zero unsuccessful passes?
    Maybe it's like when I play pool. "I meant to do that."

  14. #12
    Reserves
    Joined
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    926
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    89
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    209
    Thanked in
    166 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Zero unsuccessful passes?
    I know - me too. But that's what it said on the Stoke City website yesterday, and it's still saying it today.

  15. #13
    Coach tetsujin1979's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Dublin, originally from Limerick
    Posts
    22,410
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,105
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,051
    Thanked in
    3,332 Posts
    Fair enough, and he did complete twelve out of twelve passes against Cardiff on 29th April, but he missed four of 33 passes a week earlier

    Looks like a mistake, the graph on his player profile clearly says he's completed 473 out of 728 passes
    https://www.stokecityfc.com/players/jackbonham
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 17/05/2023 at 3:19 PM.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

  16. #14
    Reserves
    Joined
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    926
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    89
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    209
    Thanked in
    166 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Looks like a mistake, the graph on his player profile clearly says he's completed 473 out of 728 passes
    https://www.stokecityfc.com/players/jackbonham

    Thanks. Whatever 'Unsuccessful Passes' means, the figure (zero) is quoted for the goalkeepers in the squad, but not the outfield players. Interestingly, Bonham's ratio of 473/728 (65%) is almost the same as that of Sarkic (66%), who was brought in on loan and was for a while first choice, until he got injured.


    Bonham's clean sheet percentage for the season was 27.3, compared to O'Leary's 24.2, though O'Leary conceded 0.1 goal fewer per 90 minutes. (Ignoring the one game wonders, Coventry's Ben Wilson was the clean sheet champ -- 46.5%).

  17. #15
    Seasoned Pro Kingdom's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Teeing off
    Posts
    4,981
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    6,489
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,058
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Ian Wright's grandson, Shaun's son, D'Margio is with Stoke as well, was out on loan with Northampton this season
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D%27Ma...right-Phillips
    So you could say he's on D'Margio'n's of the first team?
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

  18. Thanks From:


  19. #16
    Seasoned Pro TonyD's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2004
    Location
    Planet Football
    Posts
    2,515
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    246
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    369
    Thanked in
    233 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
    So you could say he's on D'Margio'n's of the first team?
    You could, but you really shouldn’t
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

  20. Thanks From:


  21. #17
    Reserves
    Joined
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    926
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    89
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    209
    Thanked in
    166 Posts
    After three consecutive clean sheets, Bonham signs a one-year extension to his contract at Stoke.

    Jack Bonham: Stoke City goalkeeper signs new one-year deal - BBC Sport

  22. Thanks From:


Similar Threads

  1. Joe Rafferty D Rotherham b.1993
    By tetsujin1979 in forum Ireland
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 20/05/2024, 9:43 PM
  2. Will Keane F Preston North End b.1993
    By tricky_colour in forum Ireland
    Replies: 170
    Last Post: 23/02/2024, 9:24 PM
  3. Best Album of 1993
    By jebus in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 30/07/2008, 12:19 PM
  4. That Belfast incident 1993
    By Naitch in forum Ireland
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 26/03/2006, 2:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •