Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your club's goals, ambitions for 2023

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Broadly as others have said. Improved home form, closing out games. Progress at least one round in europe. Some kind of title challenge, and retain the cup.

Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    Apart from Europe, that's just a repeat performance of last year. Amd with the lottery of the cup it could easily end up being a poorer year.

Surely there'll be pressure for Higgins to deliver a title either this year or next ?

I mean finishing outside the top two probably wouldn't go down well, but expectaions are tempered somewhat, this year, as we're still seen as playing catch up.

The signings are slightly underwhelming, but they're not upsetting the apple cart, go some way to having proper competition for every position and it's encouraging that we're signing players that rovers were in for.

In truth both teams had problems last year, but Derry should have been able to take advantage and lead the title race going into the run in, but there were too many dropped points. Nip that in the bud and we'll see how things stand going into October this time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by A N Mouse View Post
    Broadly as others have said. Improved home form, closing out games. Progress at least one round in europe. Some kind of title challenge, and retain the cup.

I mean finishing outside the top two probably wouldn't go down well, but expectaions are tempered somewhat, this year, as we're still seen as playing catch up.

The signings are slightly underwhelming, but they're not upsetting the apple cart, go some way to having proper competition for every position and it's encouraging that we're signing players that rovers were in for.

In truth both teams had problems last year, but Derry should have been able to take advantage and lead the title race going into the run in, but there were too many dropped points. Nip that in the bud and we'll see how things stand going into October this time.
    Also, we'll have Connolly, Duffy and Diallo available for the full year this year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    Did John Mountney ever sign a new contract for this season? I saw on twitter that he picked up another long term injury during pre season but didn’t see anything about him signing back so I wonder was he just training while waiting for an offer?
    He was contracted to end of 2023, although he was abs solid from summer onwards when asked to play right full, I would not have gone near him with his injuries, or would have at max given him 1 year.

Latest injury still being assessed.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

4. Thanks From:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123