Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Clinton Morrison

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    i was meant to put in a PROBABLY there

Clint PROBABLY considers himself 100% english.

International Prospect Green Tribe's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    The fact is he wants to play for Ireland and is doing so with 100% commitment. I would imagine he cannot define himself as just being Irish or English. He has Jamaican roots too, so like many people he identifies with all of these cultures and nationalities. Fans should not (PAblo ) come out with mad comments like that, Clint is wearing a green shirt, playing for his country, he's proud of that fact and so am I!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,306 Posts
    Whether or not Clinton considers himself 100% Irish is irrelevant to me, he turns up and puts his heart and soul into his performance in a green jersey, something that cannot be said about a lot of players, past and present. Check out some of the ratings on this board for him over the past 2 - 3 years, while some of his misses have been comical (header against Jamaica in the Unity Cup) his work ethic has never been doubted. He always says in every presss conference how proud he is to play for "his" country, not "a" country, not "international football", "his" country. I'm glad he's playing for us, and I'll defend him to the last.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Clint plays with passion and commitment for us every game he plays for us so I dont really think it is important whether he considers himself 100% english or not .. Once he is totally commited which he is I will support the lad 100%.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    i totally agree. I have been a clint fan for a while now since he really tries every game he plays. Fair enough he does miss a lot but he is making improvements. the nationality thing is a side issue for me. It is only relevent for players who tried to play for england and failed and then decided to play for ireland.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Sounds like this hasnt gone through yet.
    I'm still holdin out for the slight chance he could end up at Charlton or Sunderland

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zinedineontour
    Clint plays with passion and commitment for us every game he plays for us so I dont really think it is important whether he considers himself 100% english or not .. Once he is totally commited which he is I will support the lad 100%.
    I agree with you
    I came across these interesting lines reported in Scottish paper

from the Herald
    Clinton Morrison celebrated an "equaliser" in the last minute at Lansdowne Road before being penalised for handball but the burly Birmingham City striker believes Scotland's best chance of success will be outmuscling the Italians.
    Morrison ensured an uncomfortable night for Alessandro Nesta and Fabio Cannavaro with his uncompromising style and urged Scotland to be the intimidators rather than the intimidated.
    "When you are playing against two world-class defenders you want to prove you deserve being on the same field as them," he said. "Scotland will encounter the same resistance but have to try to put the Italians off their game. It will be hard work for the strikers but it can pay off, as you nearly saw with us at the end.
    "You have to rough them up a bit and get in their faces. They don't like that, because they are not used to it in Italy."
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few surprises there Clinton "burly", plus Clinton's expertise on Viera and del Piera's lack of in your face roughness up front in Italy :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I see norwich are 1 spot from the relegtion zone, i dont know if it is such a good move for clinton, norwich dont exactly look like they are pushing for the EPL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    jesus almighty, look how early it is in the season, take a look at the top of the table n some of them names wont be around there either!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    well lets all hope that Norwich get their team in gear and start getting the results.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    I hope Charlton or another Premiership club come in before it's rubber stamped. I got the impression from his Press Conference before the Irish match that he Gathered there was some Premiership and Championship team enquiring. I latched on to the "And Championship" bit and wasn't at all surprised when it materialised that Norwich had bid.

Charlton look to have lost out on Marcus Bent and are still looking so they might just nip in and Wigan have yet to replace Ellington. Even Portsmouth are looking for a forward. The other Premiership clubs that could plausibly be considered options (Man City, WBA, Sunderland, Fulham etc) have already signed forwards. Fingers crossed.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,690 Posts
    I've heard Palace are also interested. Probably better move than Norwich.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Eagles agree Morrison fee

Crystal Palace could beat Norwich to the signature of Birmingham striker Clinton Morrison after having a £2m bid accepted.

The Canaries held talks with the Republic of Ireland international on Friday after agreeing terms with the Premiership club.

But Palace, Morrison's former club, have now entered the chase ahead of the transfer deadline on 31 August, with Southampton manager Harry Redknapp also refusing to give up his interest.

Birmingham manager Steve Bruce told the Eastern Daily Press: "We have agreed a fee with Palace for Clinton.

"They have matched the offer from Norwich and now it is down to the player."

I think it is almost certain he will go back to London, unless Norwich offer him more ££££. Macken will hardly get a look in now.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    I'm not a big fan of Morrison as a player or a person to be honest and I'm not surprised to see the lack of interest being shown in him by the clubs of the English Premiership. For the last five years or so now Morrison's been talked up as this raw, hot young talent (to verify this I went through some old FourFourTwo and Total Football pre-season guides yesterday and Morrison is named as Palace's young star to watch in both the 2000/01 and 2001/02 seasons).

He hasn't lived up to it in my eyes. I know that he's hardly winding down his career yet but if I'm not mistaken he was (or will be) 26 this year. He's not going to get much better. He's put in the occasional performance of note but so have plenty of players.

As far as internationals go... well we might as well use him now but the man did pull out of a friendly against Denmark when he was first called up because there were rumours of an England call up. No matter how many crests he kisses or talks about 'us' and 'we' now I don't think I'll ever forget that. I wouldn't boo the man because it's bad form to boo your own I believe (Colin P 'Rio' O'Brien being the exception to prove that rule) but I have a very hard time taking him seriously even without all the bling bling rubbish that he spouts...

Best of luck to him but I think the Championship is about his level (a lá David Connolly).
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    It looks like Palace have him,he initially came from there i think before Bruce shipped him to Brum.I think its a better move than Norwich for him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    not one english priemer ship team is intrested in him... i think the championship is his level. shame about the friendly with denmark if thats where his true allengence ly.

Well hopefully we have a striker or two coming through in the coming years.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Did he not play and score v Denmark in a friendly?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FarBeag
    It looks like Palace have him,he initially came from there i think before Bruce shipped him to Brum.I think its a better move than Norwich for him.
    On London radio this afternoon, Norwich have signed him!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash/ED
    Did he not play and score v Denmark in a friendly?
    Spot on !

That was his first 90 mins in an Ireland shirt and he did indeed score.

" As far as internationals go... well we might as well use him now but the man did pull out of a friendly against Denmark when he was first called up because there were rumours of an England call up. No matter how many crests he kisses or talks about 'us' and 'we' now I don't think I'll ever forget that "

Interesting how the poster can never forgive him for something that he didnt do !

I do remember the original friendly fixture with Denmark being called off (cant remember why)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I remember that game well, Duff put in possibley one of the best performances by anyone in an Irish shirt I've seen in a long, long time. Pity it was a friendly.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast