Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: 8/8/88 still opressed still struggling

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

8/8/88 still opressed still struggling

I don't know how many already know but today is the 17th anniversary of the 8/8/88 massacre in Burma. On this day thousands of students gathered in Rangoon (the capital) to protest against the opressive militarry government-the soldiers opened fire on them without warning. It is not know how many were murdered but reports range from 6000 to 13000; either way it was Burma's most brutal day and worse than anything the world has seen in recent times including the massacre at Tieneneman sqaure in which 3000 were murdered.
    The "government" who carried out this barbaric act are still in control of the country and hold the democratically elected leader, Aung Sung Suuu Kyi, under imprisonment.
    There will be a rally in Green Park, London today starting at 2.00pm and finishing at 4.00pm so if you are around join in.
    Importantly do visit the Burma Campaign UK or Burma Action Ireland . Please join up or sign some of the petition on the site and elt the world know about what is going on in Burma.
    Thank you.
    Long live the Pope! Free Burma (NLD/SNLD), Free Tibet (Burma Campaign/Free Tibet Campaign Alliance), Free the Rossport 5! (ACCOMPLISHED 30/09/05)

BOYCOTT TOTAL OIL-Please Read!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    I know a lad from Burma and he talks about things that happened there as if it were normal. Sounds like a dodgy place from what he's told me.
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.