Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 2023 Leinster Senior Cup

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Will there be an open top bus parade through North Dublin?
    Why, you want come along?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Wouldn't want to intrude on tour big day out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Wouldn't want to intrude on tour big day out
    Go on! I’ll get you a packet of bacon fries and a coke in the Members ;-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    Go on! I’ll get you a packet of bacon fries and a coke in the Members ;-)
    Concentrate on beating Shels for Europe.
    Ive never forgiven them for how they treated us when we were in Tolka , believe it or not id rather see Bohs doing better than Shels.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    It's not a bubble, as it hasn't been linked to anything specific that the league or clubs have done. Some clubs are now seeing the fruits of years of work plugging away in their local communities, but there's been no big bang to increase the attendances, so I don't see a big drop off being likely either. I think we're just in a growth phase for domestic fotball in the country currently.
    Peraonally, I think the 2 main factors have been:
    1) the introduction of the national underage leagues and the LOI clubs becoming the best underage clubs in the country. Kids now look at LOI clubs as the gold standard of football in Ireland, whereas previously they were just an afterthought.
    2) Dundalk and Rovers reaching group stages has helped people take the league more seriously and realise that it is a high standard and we can compete are European levels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
    1) the introduction of the national underage leagues and the LOI clubs becoming the best underage clubs in the country. Kids now look at LOI clubs as the gold standard of football in Ireland, whereas previously they were just an afterthought.
    2) Dundalk and Rovers reaching group stages has helped people take the league more seriously and realise that it is a high standard and we can compete are European levels.
    Point 1 is an interesting one. I have mates that had zero interest in the LOI, only had eyes for the EPL but then their kids started playing for the underage LOI teams and they got sucked into it themselves via the kids. Dads and Mams going to Shels, Pat’s and even Harps and they feel part of the club. We always think if you can get them young, you can get them hooked but you can get adults in that way too by association.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
    Point 1 is spot on, it’s definitely helped with the perception of the League of Ireland. I wouldn’t agree with point 2 though, the rapid rise in attendances was well underway by the time rovers qualified at the end of last summer, while Dundalk’s qualification was in the middle of lockdown. Plus both sides qualified in the 2010s and we never saw league wide crowd increases off the back of 2011 and 2016. It undoubtedly increases the attendances of the clubs involved but it wouldn’t have much bearing on league wide crowds IMO, although it certainly doesn’t hurt.

Another point I genuinely think has helped LOI crowds is the state top level football is getting to in recent years between the whole super league thing, absolutely astronomical transfer fees, price gouging and ticketing availability for premier league games, and course the never ending discussion on incorrect VAR decisions in more or less every game on tv these days. An accumulation of all of those things has seemed to help the LOI as in eyes of some of these new LOI fans is, it’s a more pure and old school football experience compared to the ‘modern football’ equivalent overseas which people seem to becoming less tunnel visioned into, or at the very least, less dismissive of their own country's league
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567