Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Electric Picnic - Tickets?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Electric Picnic

Camping Tickets were sold out, now appear to be on sale again. Strange.... . New acts added, should be a good one.

From ticketmaster.ie
    The Electric Picnic has just got even better with 16 more artists joining the ever expanding incredible eclectic Electric Picnic line up. Doves, Vitalic, The Herbaliser, DJ Deep, Emmet Tinley, Hot Chip, Be Your Own Pet, Dave's Radio, Optimo DJs, and Unbombers will play Saturday night. LCD Soundsystem, Redneck Manifesto, JJ72, The Rakes, Who Made Who and The Devlins will complete Sunday night's line up.

Lemon Jelly, James Blunt, Ben Watt and Giles Peterson were also recently added to the bill. Details of the funky boutique accommodation village featuring groovy Beach Huts and Tipis in the festival's campsite, a first for Ireland were also revealed.

The newly announced acts join the eclectic musical line up of :

Saturday 3 September

Kraftwerk, Fatboy Slim, Flaming Lips, Royksopp, Arcade Fire Mercury Rev Damien Dempsey, Laurent Garnier, Goldfraap, Stereo MC's, Amp Fiddler, Mixmaster Mike, DJ Asian Dub Foundation, Caesars, Danger Mouse, The Chalets, Matthew Herbert Big Band, Ben Watt and Giles Peterson

Sunday 4 September

Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, Mercury Rev, 2 Many DJs, Lemon Jelly, Audio Bullys, Roisin Murphy, Declan O Rourke, The Human League, James Blunt, Toods and the Maytals, Soulwax, De La Soul, Mr Scruff, Bob Mould Band, Nouvelle Vague, DJ Format and DJ Sneak

The International Comedy Club Stage will be hosted by Tommy Tiernan and Des Bishop with many comedians yet to be announced. A much enlarged BodySoul Massage and Therapy Village. From the outlandish cosmos of the Glastonbury Festival `Lost Vagueness' and the quirky silent disco are all major features at this years Electric Picnic.

The ones in bold is where i'll be heading
    Last edited by 4tothefloor; 06/08/2005 at 10:43 PM.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    ticket master said it was sold out on there website but it was a mistake there is some left but they announced on the radio that they are nearly gone and will be gone this week , so if you want one get it today or tomor .

ive mine sorted and its the best festival in ireland , screw oxegen its commercial mainstream rubbish . a poor attempt at a festival

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Saturday 3 September

Kraftwerk, Fatboy Slim, Flaming Lips, Royksopp, Arcade Fire Mercury Rev, Damien Dempsey, Laurent Garnier, Goldfraap, Stereo MC's, Amp Fiddler, Mixmaster Mike, DJ Asian Dub Foundation, Caesars, Danger Mouse, The Chalets, Matthew Herbert Big Band, Ben Watt, Giles Peterson, Doves, Vitalic, The Herbaliser, DJ Deep, Emmet Tinley, Hot Chip, Be Your Own Pet, Dave's Radio, Optimo DJs, and Unbombers

Sunday 4 September

Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, 2 Many DJs, Lemon Jelly, Audio Bullys, Roisin Murphy, Declan O Rourke, The Human League, James Blunt, Toots and the Maytals, Soulwax, De La Soul, Mr Scruff, Bob Mould Band, Nouvelle Vague, DJ Format, DJ Sneak, LCD Soundsystem, Redneck Manifesto, JJ72, The Rakes, Who Made Who and The Devlins

They're my picks for the weekend, should be a good one either way. I already got to see LCD Soundsystem, Soulwax, 2 Many DJs, Roisin Murphy and De La Soul over at the Sonar festival in Barcelona earlier on this summer and they were all great so I'm looking forward to them, but DJ Format, Toots and the Maytals, Arcade Fire and Flaming Lips are gonna be the weekends highlights, I'd put money on it!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    im only going to get to see flaming lips , damo dempsey and fat boy , ill spend a while in the comedy tent this year i missed it last time .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm going to get wrecked again for 3 days just like Oxegyn. Bring it on...
    "I always likened him to a Rolls Royce. You just used him once a week & he'd be flawless"
    Townsend on McGrath

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Colie
    I'm going to get wrecked again for 3 days just like Oxegyn. Bring it on...
    you might find your self booted out then , this is a music festival for people to go enjoy music not a **** poor attempt at a festival like oxygen , this one is strictly over 18 's and they dont allow any acting the maggot

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anto1208
    you might find your self booted out then , this is a music festival for people to go enjoy music not a **** poor attempt at a festival like oxygen , this one is strictly over 18 's and they dont allow any acting the maggot
    You say this just after saying this...

ill spend a while in the comedy tent this year i missed it last time
    And the three musical acts you mentioned are typical of exactly what you get at the big festivals. These are not why elec pic has such credibility. Although they are why i can see how some have predicted it will become a festival the hoi polloi believe they don't have to mix with the great unwashed...
    "I don’t want to tempt fate, but Thierry Henry is not having one of his best nights." - RTE co-commentator Jim Beglin, minutes before TH struck the stunning winner.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Booted out my rse. There will be even more enjoyment now that it'll last for 3 nights. Cannai wait.
    "I always likened him to a Rolls Royce. You just used him once a week & he'd be flawless"
    Townsend on McGrath

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fosterdollar
    You say this just after saying this...

And the three musical acts you mentioned are typical of exactly what you get at the big festivals. These are not why elec pic has such credibility. Although they are why i can see how some have predicted it will become a festival the hoi polloi believe they don't have to mix with the great unwashed...

no i was at the big "festival" with acts like green day foo fighters killers !! they are bands for those gigs , and it was rubbish

how are the flaming lips or damien dempsey big festival acts when either would struggle to fill a normall venue here ,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    well ....was it any good??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Oh Lordy that was unreal. Just amazing.
    Townsend on McGrath

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    any good ? oh boy was it good , best fesdtival held in ireland in the last 5 years at least , a million billion times better than oxygen but then again that would nt be hard

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    how was damien dempsey?
    you gowl!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    jaysus...i didnt realise limerick fans had such good/alternative taste in music.
    looking forward to another blast of lizzy friday night! \m/
    you gowl!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by declan hide
    how was damien dempsey?
    stole the show for me amazing it was a little bit better than his dolans gig because of the sizw of the band he brought with him but they really went for it class !!.

flaming lips were impressive and fat boy does what fat boy does .

karl spain was funny needs some new material though , i think he is very good but ive seen him loads now .

other than that i cant really remember much , the dance tent allthough ididnt go into it looked amazing but you couldnt get near it

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Best music event i was ever at in Ireland. I originally thought Sunday would shade it in terms of the best night but I think Saturday won it in the end. Loved Kraftwerk, Royksopp, Laurent Garnier (who i'd seen before and thought was sh!te), Matthew Herbert Big Band. Fatboy Slim was not my cuppa at all. Although i was going through some hard times having decided earlier that Kraftwerk deserved to be enjoyed with a little something rather than Fat Boy. Fair play to him on the 3D smiley faces though (needed them...)

On Sunday the music in the afternoon was much better than the night imo. DJ Format and Mr Scruff were deadly in the Bodytonic Tent. I'm glad Roisin Murphy cancelled cos i didnt bother my @rse leaving Mr Scruff for her. Was very disappointed at Vitalic cancelling though. Anyone know why?

The headlines for Sunday turned out to be a disaster. Went to De La Soul first who sounded absolutely brilliant but there was no getting anywhere near the inside of the tent the way the crowd was. So we tried 2ManyDjs, same fcuking story. Hung around for a while. Got p!ssed off with the push/shove atmosphere which had been avoided up until then. Decided to pop over to Nick Cave but alas he was over. However, Lemon Jelly and Audio Bullys had been pretty good earlier on.

Great weekend overall. Was just back from week long booze up in the Canaries so didnt think i'd make it through it as well as i did. Fully agree that it kicks the snot out of oxegen.
    "I don’t want to tempt fate, but Thierry Henry is not having one of his best nights." - RTE co-commentator Jim Beglin, minutes before TH struck the stunning winner.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Agree with Electric Picnic 05 being the best music event ever in Ireland, or at least the best that I have witnessed. Highlights for me were Arcade Fire, Nick Cave, Toots and the Maytals, DJ Format, Do Me Bad Things, the first thre Flaming Lips songs before I had to go to see the absolute festival highlight, Kraftwerk!!, Tommy Tiernan, Buckfast by the barrel full and getting stoned and lying out in the hamocks in the Body and Soul area. I hear its going to three days and four nights next year, and hopefully the same type of crowd will get up there for it, sadly I think the oxygen crowd will start floating over sooner rather than later