Thread: Rubbish

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    Boomer - in the interests of arguing in good faith, who would you like to see in there? Who would you pin your flag to? Give us a name… and what would he have to do differently? In terms of team selection and on field tactics?
    It's a clear sign that the pro Kenny faction are getting their asses handed to them when they bring out the boomer!

At the moment, I'd take just about anyone instead of Kenny. Even if that means going back to route one ball but I hope it doesn't come to that. This opportunity was handed on a plate for Kenny, it couldn't have been set up any better but he blew it with complete incompetence.

All is not lost though, we can find a hungry young coach who has shown signs of potential similar to Anthony Barry. We don't have to just look in the UK, there are huge amounts all around Europe.

Now I know that won't satisfy you and you'll demand names, Kenny supporters are very predictable. I don't care though, the most important thing is getting rid of Kenny because if it goes on much longer we will be getting a Sam Allardyce type and we'll have such a low seeding that qualifying will be extremely difficult.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    As expected. TBH a managerial name doesn’t matter too much but I’m more interested in your thoughts on the team and squad selection (who’s missing) and the tactics that would best work with your team so we can start climbing back up the groups (what’s missing).

PS - it just takes too long to type your name out!
    I've already said, I believe we should be playing a system similar to what we thought Kenny would introduce but he turned out to be a numpty. We already had a solid, organised squad, just mix that with a more attacking approach. Not trying to play like Barcelona, combining passing with our direct game in places. Then pick the squad based on form but favour youth. It's simple really. I might put my name forward to replace Kenny.

BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!!!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Agreed, 24 hours to respond with a name
    Clock is ticking
    Way ahead of ya. I just submitted a name.

BOOMSHAKALAKA FOR IRELAND!!!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    what?
    Ouch!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mypost View Post
    It very much is possible. Our players are playing at ever lower levels of football, and in so doing, falling further behind the quality and depth that other sides have. Even 5th seeds have top quality players in the best leagues in Europe to choose from. I know you expect this team to be as successful as the Jack era, but you have to recognise where we stand in the pecking order these days, and you don't unfortunately. The money we pay to manage this team is loose change to what an English club is willing to fork out to take him away from here.

While no manager was sacked after a tournament, that didn't stop people wanting it to happen. We now have a 50% win rate and a draw in the last 6 games. Which is comparable to any of the best parts of the reign of previous managers over the past 10 years. Sadly it's not good enough for you.

The most important thing is that we bring through new players and develop them, so when we do qualify the next time, we're able to compete and contribute when we get there, rather than get thrashed by better players playing better quality football in every game in the group.

You won't take just about anyone to do this job, everyone has their criteria. I presume you have yours. You still haven't said the name of anyone who wants to turn up and do the job where if he wins he needs to be sacked and if he doesn't win, he still needs to be sacked.

When Kenny got the job, he was handed a ragbag bunch of over the hill footballers, who had failed to qualify again for a major tournament, and only had one way of playing which didn't work. Kenny was, and still is the only one willing to overhaul the squad and style of play. And if we're serious about doing that, then results and qualification will have to take a back seat during the transition. If we're not serious about it, we can throw another few million quid at management, still not qualify for tournaments, and still rely on players not good enough at international level.
    You've gone full parody now, how did it take me so long? It's funny. Let me try.

With our famous away victory against the mighty Malta, Kenny has shown that he can get victories on the road unlike most of our managers in history.

Any good?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    That is actually pretty disappointing though maybe I just gave you too much credit. But you don’t have anything of substance to offer other than “Kenny must go”. Just a troll.
    I read you like a book. It was so obvious in fairness. I could have written your reply after your sincere interest of 'arguing in good faith'.

Oh and because I also know what else is coming, here's the name for next Ireland manager:

Marcelo Bielsa.