Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Season Tickets

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts

Kinda puts into perspective how badly Kerry have misjudged this,they'll learn from it im sure......
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Kerry FC may will have to adjust that price if they are to get the local people to commit to buying season tickets. Be interesting if they slashed that price in the coming days to save face. They haven’t misjudged much, but definitely this one.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Released prices of standing tickets now, but can't see this being the end of the matter!

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    857 Posts
    Bit hopeful from our neighbours there & it's good to see they have a blunder in them, which this is. They were worryingly note perfect up to this.
    Stephen Kenny Saviour, Leader, Winner, An Autobiography - In All Good Bookstores Now

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    It may be the cycnic in me that thinks these significantly cheaper options were only agreed and published late today after the realised the sh!t-storm over the price of the adult stand tickets. But the timing of them is certainly interesting.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    857 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    It may be the cycnic in me that thinks these significantly cheaper options were only agreed and published late today after the realised the sh!t-storm over the price of the adult stand tickets. But the timing of them is certainly interesting.
    Looks like that, but did they really announce their first ticketing without looking around the league for comparison having been meticulous so far ?
    Stephen Kenny Saviour, Leader, Winner, An Autobiography - In All Good Bookstores Now

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Looking at the website, when you click on the ticketing link, the Main Stand seats are highlighted in green and grey, so will be very easy for the layperson, let alone the club itself, to track sales.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Waterford's early bird season ticket is €195 for an adult and you can now reserve a seat. Very strange pricing from Kerry for their adult season ticket. How much are they going to charge on the night?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    €200 for a standing ticket is still far too much.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trevy View Post
    Waterford's early bird season ticket is €195 for an adult and you can now reserve a seat. Very strange pricing from Kerry for their adult season ticket. How much are they going to charge on the night?
    Even with potentially 3-4 home pre-season games included, that still averages at €12-13 per match in the package. They could yet charge €15 on the night, but given that would work out at €315-330 in total, the maths suggest otherwise.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    100 stand tickets sold in the first hour, it seems:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by culloty82 View Post

This doesn't really surprise me, people who never had a LOI football club will come out of curiosity and because its new and most likely pay the price asked as there is no close comparison without a bit of travelling . I think the problem will be keeping them next season. It would be good to know the numbers of season tickets sold by first division clubs last year and numbers so far this year to compare. At the prices quoted Kerry must be planning to deliver the results on the pitch. Also what's the price into a club and county GAA match in Kerry?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Fair play to the people down there getting behind the club.
    I had a feeling that Kerry people would take the view that supporting the club by paying a few extra pound was worth it.
    They were getting hammered on Twitter yesterday about their pricing but Twitter is a place for people that want to be outraged.

Genuine supporters dont value supporting their club on a value for money basis, if i did i wouldnt have spent from 1986 to 2010 best part of 30 years supporting Rovers with no cup wins and one League title.

How many supporters went looking for their season ticket money back in the covid season cancelation, very few.

I do take the point for people that are tight for cash it can be dear but then buddy up with a pal and buy a family ticket package for 400

14. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Fair play to the people down there getting behind the club.
    I had a feeling that Kerry people would take the view that supporting the club by paying a few extra pound was worth it.
    They were getting hammered on Twitter yesterday about their pricing but Twitter is a place for people that want to be outraged.

Genuine supporters dont value supporting their club on a value for money basis, if i did i wouldnt have spent from 1986 to 2010 best part of 30 years supporting Rovers with no cup wins and one League title.

How many supporters went looking for their season ticket money back in the covid season cancelation, very few.

I do take the point for people that are tight for cash it can be dear but then buddy up with a pal and buy a family ticket package for 400
    All of which are fair points - except for the fact that Kerry FC doesn't really even exist yet beyond social media.

You can't expect blind loyalty to a club that hasn't played a game yet and has no predecessor either.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Well, no senior existence yet beyond social media, but they evidently didn't appreciate the task involved in scaling up from U19 level to adult soccer.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    All of which are fair points - except for the fact that Kerry FC doesn't really even exist yet beyond social media.

You can't expect blind loyalty to a club that hasn't played a game yet and has no predecessor either.
    Agree, it won't be loyalty it will be curiosity.

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

There would be a fair few people with a conection through the underage structure who would be happy to see the club entering the LOI proper as well as the fact that the "soccer" people in Kerry would be quite loyal in general to the Sport considering big brother is in the room in terms of the GAA.
    I think / hope the crowds will surprise people and hope they go well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by culloty82 View Post
    Is this even true, I wonder? As you say, even the layman can check the stand sales and there doesn't appear to be anywhere close to that sold now, nevermind at 10am this morning. Seán O'Keeffe confirmed earlier that 50 seats are being kept for 'VIP's' and that block is clearly visible on the seating plan. Are they including these in the figures?! By my count it still doesn't make 100 even if they are.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    The way I see it is that they have a few options for season tickets online. I know quite a few people around Tralee who have bought the East Stand (Including myself) for 200 for the season. That's only 11 euro for every home game plus pre season games.

You have to think that the significant investment in the grounds may have played a part of the reasoning for the price of 275 in the Seated Stand for year 1 as I cannot see them repeating the same mistake twice and to be fair, they have been on the ball up until this.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Sean O'Keeffe, speaking in his Kerry FC capacity rather than as KDL chairman, states that limited capacity was the reasoning behind the main stand pricing (paywall):

https://www.independent.ie/regionals...-42198675.html

The flaw with that argument, however, is that 500 seats at "matching" rates would seem to have had a realistic prospect of selling out, given the interest in the licence announcement, whereas now they'll be doing well to sell half by February, making them more dependent on match-day receipts.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast