Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Bray AND PATS fans: Devo slams Pat's over Zayed claims

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Post Bray AND PATS fans: Devo slams Pat's over Zayed claims

Atricle in the Bray people today in which Pat Devlin slammed John McDonnell's saying that Pats were close to siging Eamonn Zayed (quote appeared on Aertel). Among the things that Devo said were ``The behaviour of St.Pats is unacceptable.`` and ``They were never close to signing him. It's as simple as that.``

Can't find the article on the net but if I do I'll post up a link. When I saw McDonnell's quote on Aertel it did'nt concern me myself as I just did'nt believe it would happen, plenty of Pats fans thought differently but i hope this clears things up

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo Da Gull
    Atricle in the Bray people today in which Pat Devlin slammed John McDonnell's saying that Pats were close to siging Eamonn Zayed (quote appeared on Aertel). Among the things that Devo said were ``The behaviour of St.Pats is unacceptable.`` and ``They were never close to signing him. It's as simple as that.``

Can't find the article on the net but if I do I'll post up a link. When I saw McDonnell's quote on Aertel it did'nt concern me myself as I just did'nt believe it would happen, plenty of Pats fans thought differently but i hope this clears things up
    Would imagine that the League's top goalscorer would command a hefty fee which would be way out of Pat's budget!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What were Pats up to bidding for Zayeed?

Surely they didnt have the money as they wouldn't have then let their best young player (FAHY) go to the drogs if they did.

Doesnt make sense to me. Glad to hear Devlin is having a go at McDonnell over it as well.
    Where you start is not as important as where you finish!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by student
    What were Pats up to bidding for Zayeed?

Surely they didnt have the money as they wouldn't have then let their best young player (FAHY) go to the drogs if they did.

Doesnt make sense to me. Glad to hear Devlin is having a go at McDonnell over it as well.
    Pats made a 20k bid which was rejected, they then made a second bid- the details of which are not known AFAIK, however the rumour is that the second bid was either a) 20k plus Robbie Doyle or b) an improved cash offer (probably in the region of 30k+) after the sale of Keith Fahey. I dunno though, did Pats get much money from the Fahey thing or was it just a swap deal Fahey for Alan Reilly?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    well Bernard J. O'Byrne (or BJob as he's known to us) told emmet malone of the IT that bray were looking for 60k and Pats weren't willing to pay that. According to people at Pats a fee was agreed but Bray upped it again, and Pats said no...

I'd say the truth is somewhere in between Devo and McDonnell's versions
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    i think the robbie doyle transfer is unrelated to pats wanting zayed, i spoke to an someone involved with pats and he told me that mcdonnell and doyle had had a bust up. whether that has been resolved or not, i'm not sure

Formerly: Rafa B
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lowflyingseagul
    i think the robbie doyle transfer is unrelated to pats wanting zayed, i spoke to an someone involved with pats and he told me that mcdonnell and doyle had had a bust up. whether that has been resolved or not, i'm not sure
    Robbie Doyle bust up with manager not surprised though probably not his fault never is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    OK lads i told ya when the story broke that it was never going to happen, Pats did put a bid in but it was miles off our valuation, plus we did not actually want or need to sell Eamon. Even 60k is still short of our valuation, 100k+ is the price bracket we have him in - the same as Murphy and Doyle. Eamon did'nt want to move himself anyway.

Pats are totally lying if they said we accepted a bid and then upped it. I can't understand why "BLOB" would even say this ? Shows how unprofessional Pats really are........

Robbie Doyle's Transfer speculation (between us and drogs) was different altogether, McDonnall was trying to sell Doyler and Fahy behind the players backs, telling the players "ah you have nothing to worry about, its that time of the year when top players are linked with moves" etc.... but then behind there backs calling Doolo and Devo saying these players are available would you be interested. Fahy was sold and McDonnell was under sevre pressure from the fans to hold on to there best player of the season so far, a bid was put in for Doyler and expected, but then Pats went back and said no we want more. Both players are out of contract at the end of the season so Pats were trying to make a few quid off them because they cant offer them improved contracts, At least Pats showed a bit of cop on in fairness. There was not bust up between anyone and that certianly was'nt the reason for the speculation. Sure McDonnell came out totally rebuffing all transfer roumers about Doyler.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    look lads its as obvious as fck the target was zayed and the name of the game was raising the cash via the sale of an unwanted player (fahey, he and mcdonnell fell out ages ago) - Bray wanted 60k (a ridiculous fee between two EL clubs - internal transfers NEVER go that high) Pats pulled out as they hadnt that cash from the fahey sale to pay 60 k and quote unquote "no player in this league is worth 60k"

which i agree with - let the english and scots pay that but clubs without a pot to **** in dont make those kind of deals

footnote: Doyle is in talks on extending the contract acc to todays star.....thats football

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wws
    look lads its as obvious as fck the target was zayed and the name of the game was raising the cash via the sale of an unwanted player (fahey, he and mcdonnell fell out ages ago) - Bray wanted 60k (a ridiculous fee between two EL clubs - internal transfers NEVER go that high) Pats pulled out as they hadnt that cash from the fahey sale to pay 60 k and quote unquote "no player in this league is worth 60k"

which i agree with - let the english and scots pay that but clubs without a pot to **** in dont make those kind of deals

footnote: Doyle is in talks on extending the contract acc to todays star.....thats football
    Nobody is saying the target was'nt Zayed, but if you read what i said - it was NEVER going to happen for 4 main reasons

1. Pats could not afford him.
    2. We did not want/need to sell him.
    3. It would have been madness to sell out no.1 striker to a team in the same suitation as us.
    4. Eamon is very happy at Bray at present.

Where do the papers get there info from ? i know he has'nt even started talks over a new contract yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Wws, Roo knows his stuff bout Doyler.

I knew Eamo wouldn't leave for Pats. I think, like someone suggested, they were just trying to make themselves look like an audacious club with that bid.

He's also been linked to Lillestrom.....
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Sound slike Pats are playing games.

I;m sure clubs often bid on players & then make it public to show their fans they have some ambition.

UK clubs do it ever pre season. Sure Spurs were saying they after Rivaldo etc... last season...
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    yes....and the name of the game is "we dont have 60 grand, **** yerself devo".....i dont know what they were at but you credit Mooney and co with WAY TOO MUCH INTELLIGENCE if you think its a conspiracy theory to placate the fans.....plain ole fashioned incompetence was why they failed to get their man, no other reason

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    yes....and the name of the game is "we dont have 60 grand, **** yerself devo".....i dont know what they were at but you credit Mooney and co with WAY TOO MUCH INTELLIGENCE if you think its a conspiracy theory to placate the fans.....plain ole fashioned incompetence was why they failed to get their man, no other reason

Seriously man, get a grip ! as i said

1. Pats could not afford him.
    2. We did not want/need to sell him.
    3. It would have been madness to sell out no.1 striker to a team in the same suitation as us.
    4. Eamon is very happy at Bray at present.

He did/does not want to sign for Pats.

It had nothing to do with incompetence, Pats buying Eamo was never on the agenda for us, i know this for a fact. They put a bid in and we turned it down stright away and told them he was NOT for sale, that was it end of story. McDonnell then went to the press and onto your offical website saying yeah were hopefull of getting him and another bid will be made etc.... knowing full well that there was'nt a chance in hell of getting Zayed. Just trying to keep the fans off his back for another few weeks. He'll be gone at the end of the season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    we're on about two different things.....im talking about two other transfers and a bid to get zayed

i dont give a fck how happy zayed is - the facts are theyd pack him out the door tommorrow at the right price

the sad part is shels will probbally come in now and pick up Z on the cheap in the close season when they offload.........????? what odds??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    we're on about two different things.....im talking about two other transfers and a bid to get zayed

i dont give a fck how happy zayed is - the facts are theyd pack him out the door tommorrow at the right price

the sad part is shels will probbally come in now and pick up Z on the cheap in the close season when they offload.........????? what odds??
    I'm talking about Pats biding for Zayed as well.......

Of course we would, thats that nature of the game in Ireland ! if the price is right then no matter who the player is they will be sold. Not sure if it will be Shels though, but in saying that Zayed would probably bag 25/30 goals a season with quality supply.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo69
    I'm talking about Pats biding for Zayed as well.......

Of course we would, thats that nature of the game in Ireland ! if the price is right then no matter who the player is they will be sold. Not sure if it will be Shels though, but in saying that Zayed would probably bag 25/30 goals a season with quality supply.
    ....my thinking here is that a certain "dream striking partenership" isnt exactly blossoming at shels.....one of them will be scrapheaped (or both????). Zayed is for me now exactly what Jason Byrne was when shels nabbed him from Bray...a sure thing for top striker, will do it for any EL team against any EL team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    ....my thinking here is that a certain "dream striking partenership" isnt exactly blossoming at shels.....one of them will be scrapheaped (or both????). Zayed is for me now exactly what Jason Byrne was when shels nabbed him from Bray...a sure thing for top striker, will do it for any EL team against any EL team.
    You could be right there actually, but i still think the dream striking partenership have a hell of a lot to offer, it has taken them a long time to gel, but injuries didnt help there cause. If anyone was to go it would be Fitzpatrick or O'Neil, if we got one of them apart of any deal + cash then it wouldnt be so bad.

Anyway, thats neither hear or there, He's still with Bray and he's gona win us the cup this season and keep us in the premier