Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Referee

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Referee

The ref and other officials for the Bohs v Drogheda game must have been gathered from the local bar. They are absolutely horrendous.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Hennessy. Gone full rogue tonight ?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    He’s doing mental stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Keenan Deering is an assistant referee at Harps v United tonight. The referees’ observer is his father, Paul. Bit of a clash of interest there surely

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    That was one of the worst reffing performances I've ever seen last night. Didn't think the red card was deserved at all, a yellow would have sufficed. I can see why Bohs first disallowed goal was ruled out Afolabi was stronger than his man and his man fell a bit theatrically but what's annoying is its one of those tangles that happens in a lot of set pieces and is only ever given as a free out. I don't think I've ever seen an attacker wrestled to the ground in a similar way and given a penalty. That's across all leagues so not necessarily an issue with the ref last night. But the 2nd goal being ruled out for offside is unquestionably one of the worst decisions I've ever seen. Connolly may be in an offside position but he had no impact on the play at all. He deliberately stopped his run so he didn't get in the keepers way and there were no defenders blocked by his run either. Throughout the night the officials couldn't tell what was and what wasn't offside. All too slow to keep up up with the pace and just not for for purpose.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Football is a strange game of opinions too, but that Bohs red was as stonewall as you're ever likely to see.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Another Bohemia View Post
    That was one of the worst reffing performances I've ever seen last night. Didn't think the red card was deserved at all, a yellow would have sufficed. I can see why Bohs first disallowed goal was ruled out Afolabi was stronger than his man and his man fell a bit theatrically but what's annoying is its one of those tangles that happens in a lot of set pieces and is only ever given as a free out. I don't think I've ever seen an attacker wrestled to the ground in a similar way and given a penalty. That's across all leagues so not necessarily an issue with the ref last night. But the 2nd goal being ruled out for offside is unquestionably one of the worst decisions I've ever seen. Connolly may be in an offside position but he had no impact on the play at all. He deliberately stopped his run so he didn't get in the keepers way and there were no defenders blocked by his run either. Throughout the night the officials couldn't tell what was and what wasn't offside. All too slow to keep up up with the pace and just not for for purpose.
    This is now up their with worst league standard ever and 4th highest budget debates. Difference with this is that its very possible that regularly the actual worst referee performance may be witnessed. I think we need to come up with some benchmarks to gauge the respective claims of (one of the) worst ever.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Thought the same myself. Weir was reckless and dangerous.
    Also thought that the first disallowed goal was a good call. Afolabi pushed the defender and the two fell over.
    The second one? Off the wall, complete systems failure. Lino didn't have the cop on the see it wasn't interfering, Hennesy lacking the ability to overrule in spite of his clear view.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    326 Posts
    I thought it was a red. Nasty looking tackle and nowhere near the ball.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts
    Billy Dennehy had a discussion with the FAI's head of refereeing to discuss decisions he considers to have gone against Kerry since the start of the season:

https://www.extratime.com/articles/3...fereeing-boss/

No harm in seeking clarifications, and much like with EPL managers in the past, we may end up getting the rub of the green between now and the end of the season!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Bohs possibly a pen then 20 seconds later doesn't give a definite pen. Then doesn't give a card for a deliberate handball.