Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's a bit rich for Shelbourne to complain about racist abuse

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

racism ShelsvSteau/Hot Press

Now I thought that what happened last night was a disgrace and completely unacceptable, and gives a very poor reflection on the Romanian people.

But I find it very rich to hear Shelbourne staff complaining when Jabba the Hutt is quoted in a globally distributed magazine as saying that he believed that it was OK for Mark Rutherford to be told to get back into the showers to wash the black off.

Of course Shelbourne will milk what happened for any publicity that it can get, but when a senior official of the club can make comments like that that it is hard to lend any credibility to their complaints.
    Last edited by ThatGuy; 04/08/2005 at 12:52 PM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuy
    Now I thought that what happened last night was a disgrace and completely unacceptable, and gives a very poor reflection on the Romanian people.

But I find it very rich to hear Shelbourne staff complaining when Jabba the Hutt is quoted in a globally distributed magazine as saying that he believed that it was appropriate to tell Mark Rutherford to get back into the showers to wash the black off.

Of course Shelbourne will milk what happened for any publicity that it can get, but when a senior official of the club can make comments like that that it is hard to lend any credibility to their complaints.
    2 words - David Crawley

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    However bad isolated racist incidents here seem it is quite endemic and far more disgusting in many Eastern European grounds where it can take place en masse. I believe it should be highlighted at shamed at every occasion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor Student
    However bad isolated racist incidents here seem it is quite endemic and far more disgusting in many Eastern European grounds where it can take place en masse. I believe it should be highlighted at shamed at every occasion.
    but surely we should stop those yokels in dundalk doing it before we lecture anyone else?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Dear jesus you have an unhealthy obsession

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash/ED
    Dear jesus you have an unhealthy obsession
    Obesession?

OK "Slash/ED", do you think Jabba's comments were appropriate?

If yes end of story.

If no, do you think it is hypocritical for Shelbourne to criticise others about racism?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    No I don't but it hardly means he or anyone else connected to the club can't say anything while players are getting racially abused. That is a load of nonsense, the kind I'd expect from you at this stage.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    No I don't but it hardly means he or anyone else connected to the club can't say anything while players are getting racially abused. That is a load of nonsense, the kind I'd expect from you at this stage.
    Oh that ends it I guess.
    It is nonsense to highlight double standards? Oh how dare I criticise Shelbourne or Saint Ollie. He can do what he wants

Ollie can and will say what he wants, fair play to him, but he has to be accountable for what he says and when he comes out with blatant racism it is always going to be dragged up when a racism controversy surrounds Shelbourne. If you think that is ridiculous tnen you are living in a dream world.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    No, you're right to have a go at his comments that are now, what, three years old? But that's a seperate issue, it hardly means Fenlon can't condem racism now. That is a farcical argument.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    No, you're right to have a go at his comments that are now, what, three years old? But that's a seperate issue, it hardly means Fenlon can't condem racism now. That is a farcical argument.
    Fenlon can say what he wants as can Ollie. It is not a completely seperate issue, it is connected by the same theme, racism.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    What happened last night was a disgrace. Saw a few morons in front of the main Steaua support with microphones and the abuse was loudest through these. Steps should be taken Jabba or not.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Fenlon can say what he wants as can Ollie. It is not a completely seperate issue, it is connected by the same theme, racism.
    The theme it's connected to is your pathetic obsession with point scoring over Shelbourne.

The point you're trying to make is it was somehow wrong of Fenlon to condem racism because of comments Ollie made years ago, quoting someone else incidentally if memory serves, which is aload of sh*te.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The theme it's connected to is your pathetic obsession with point scoring over Shelbourne.

The point you're trying to make is it was somehow wrong of Fenlon to condem racism because of comments Ollie made years ago, quoting someone else incidentally if memory serves, which is aload of sh*te.
    I don't think it is wrong for Fenlon to say what he thinks, you are just trying to deflect the issue completely.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    ThatGuy, this is petty rubbish. You're allowing your petty dislikes to deflect the issue Fenlon has quite rightly highlighted.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jfogarty
    2 words - David Crawley
    Can one of the Pat's lads explain was the 'Crawley is a racist' allegation is all about? PM if you don't want to write it on a public forum.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor Student
    ThatGuy, this is petty rubbish. You're allowing your petty dislikes to deflect the issue Fenlon has quite rightly highlighted.
    If you say so, son.

Shels are always right. When ther fans fight whose fault is it, Shamrock Rovers!!!! When their fans invade the pitch it is great. When others do they should be punished. When a pitch is poor the club should be punished, when Shels pitch is bad who cares. When a Shels official makes racist comments it is ok, when others do it is a disgrace (it is for both cases).
    Last edited by ThatGuy; 04/08/2005 at 12:05 PM.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    This thread is going nowhere. Keep it on Topic, no attacks, names etc... or else will be Closed.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

But I find it very rich to hear Shelbourne staff complaining when Jabba the Hutt is quoted in a globally distributed magazine as saying that he believed that it was appropriate to tell Mark Rutherford to get back into the showers to wash the black off.

What was this Olly allegation all about - never heard about it before myself ?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfcsteve
    What was this Olly allegation all about - never heard about it before myself ?
    In an interview in Hot Press magazine he was talking about complaints about racism being blown out of proportion and says that he said that to Rutherford when he was a Shels player.

Yet apparently a Shels player on the recieving end of racist abuse has absolutely nothing to do with a Shels pkayer on the recieving end of racist abuse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    An interview in Hot Press magazine he was talking about complaints about racism being blown out of proportion and says that he said that to Rutherford when he was a Shels player.

Yet apparently a Shels player on the recieving end of racist abuse has absolutely nothing to do with a Shels pkayer on the recieving end of racist abuse.
    Oh dear. Seems we have our very own Ron Atkinson (though at least Ron didn't do time....)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast