Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Cannon F Leicester b.2002

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,219 Posts
    I think you'll find a lot of his Dublin mates probably hang out on the Algarve a lot!

2. Thanks From:

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    I think you'll find a lot of his Dublin mates probably hang out on the Algarve a lot!
    Haha fair point

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR89 View Post
    Said it before I think he'll go out on loan again.
    Evidence please.

5. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    Evidence please.
    Surely you don't need to provide evidence on personal opinion? What evidence needs to be provided for 'thinking' a player will go on loan?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts
    Are you in trouble, if you think about the thought police ? !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LurcherLover View Post
    Surely you don't need to provide evidence on personal opinion? What evidence needs to be provided for 'thinking' a player will go on loan?
    Stu was taking the pi$$

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    576 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    Are you in trouble, if you think about the thought police ? !
    Think so
    Folding my way into the big money!!!

10. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer82 View Post
    Think so
    Got Ya.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    Balls.ie are quoting the S*n on this. Quotes in the S*n consist entirely of Martin O'Neill on Grealish and Rice. Not a sausage from the FA. I'm thinking this is the rag **** stirring. It's the international equivalent of a transfer rumour.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John83 View Post
    Balls.ie are quoting the S*n on this. Quotes in the S*n consist entirely of Martin O'Neill on Grealish and Rice. Not a sausage from the FA. I'm thinking this is the rag **** stirring. It's the international equivalent of a transfer rumour.
    I'm not on social media but if he's deleted his Irish stuff as per article. That's not good. But the whole thing might be a storm in a tea cup. If he was healthy and turned down a place in the squad for Greece then, best of luck to him he's made his choice. Ferguson and obefemi could be a very exciting attach team. Would also love willy smallborne playing in advanced midfield role with them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John83 View Post
    He has deleted the only Irish thing from his Instagram page which was a post about his u21 debut. Either 1 of 2 things has happened here I think...

it could be he legitimately had tonsillitis for the training camp but then wasn't happy he didn't get call up for senior squad and told the u21s no.

Or he has been hedging, didn't want to commit to the seniors and the tonsillitis story was there to buy time.

Deleting the social media stuff seems to me to be more from the 1st option, he's not happy to be left out and is being a child about it. It's happened a few times in US sports recently that players have deleted all reference to their team during contract negotiations. There's no contract in Cannons case obviously, but I do think it's s hissy fit.

I also think it's slightly different here than Rice and Grealish in that they went straight into England squads. Cannon is a bit away from that yet, so if he's pulling out its for their u21s. I just hope that there's no covering up for him here, if he's gone then the FAI need to come out immediately and say he wasn't committed and he's gone. We don't want this dragging on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    I was a bit worried about this.

At first glance, England seem stacked with strikers at senior level, but beyond Kane and Rashford it's a mixed bag. Watkins, Nketiah and Abraham have poor enough scoring records. Wilson and Calvert-Lewin are sicknotes. Toney has his issues. Ings and Bamford have made squads in recent years, and have dropped off. There's an opportunity for any young English striker to get into that squad with a good goalscoring run in the EPL, and you'd have to imagine Cannon's agent encouraging him towards that potential pathway. Cameron Archer is their U21s first choice striker, and he's of a very similar profile to Cannon - fringes of an EPL club, good recent form on loan in the Championship.

On the other hand, there's every chance that Cannon could turn out to be another Scott Hogan, and not even good enough for us, let alone England.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    He has deleted the only Irish thing from his Instagram page which was a post about his u21 debut. Either 1 of 2 things has happened here I think...

it could be he legitimately had tonsillitis for the training camp but then wasn't happy he didn't get call up for senior squad and told the u21s no.

Or he has been hedging, didn't want to commit to the seniors and the tonsillitis story was there to buy time.

Deleting the social media stuff seems to me to be more from the 1st option, he's not happy to be left out and is being a child about it. It's happened a few times in US sports recently that players have deleted all reference to their team during contract negotiations. There's no contract in Cannons case obviously, but I do think it's s hissy fit.

I also think it's slightly different here than Rice and Grealish in that they went straight into England squads. Cannon is a bit away from that yet, so if he's pulling out its for their u21s. I just hope that there's no covering up for him here, if he's gone then the FAI need to come out immediately and say he wasn't committed and he's gone. We don't want this dragging on.
    Jack Grealish didn't go straight into the England squad he switched to play U21s with England.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Jack Grealish didn't go straight into the England squad he switched to play U21s with England.
    Did he? I'm remembering it wrong then. My memory of it was that after the cup game in Wembley the calls from England became strong and he switched. I think in Cannons case there hasn't been that big moment and the average England fan still wouldn't know who he is

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts
    If its real it's a terrible decision
    He's a fine player, but that's it. He would need to transform into a new player to be england stricker.( It's happened before sure but it's so rare ) Everton have already said he isn't coming home next season. If you aren't making the team that survived on the last day. Your quite frankly doing well to be playing for us.
    On that note Ferguson and obefemi are currently way better players then him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,308 Posts
    Rice went straight into their senior side. Grealish had played competitive U21 games, so had to wait a year to switch and play for their U21s

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Rice went straight into their senior side. Grealish had played competitive U21 games, so had to wait a year to switch and play for their U21s
    Yup so actually took him longer to get a senior cap. Was four years after he got his first England cap at any level before a senior cap. Thought he switched mid campaign for us so couldn't play 21s for them but could play seniors if they wanted him to.

Remember alright he pulled out of our campaign mid way and did take him awhile before switching. If Cannon does switch at least he's doing it now before the campaign kicks off.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Yup so actually took him longer to get a senior cap. Was four years after he got his first England cap at any level before a senior cap. Thought he switched mid campaign for us so couldn't play 21s for them but could play seniors if they wanted him to.

Remember alright he pulled out of our campaign mid way and did take him awhile before switching. If Cannon does switch at least he's doing it now before the campaign kicks off.
    The story was that Hodgson had promised him a call up straight to the senior side (after the FA Cup performance against Liverpool) - but once he’d made the switch Roy reneged on that promise.

Southgate was also kinda **** with Grealish - saying he wouldn’t consider players playing in the championship, then calling up Phillips before he’d played in the premier league to stop him declaring for Ireland

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elatedscum View Post
    The story was that Hodgson had promised him a call up straight to the senior side (after the FA Cup performance against Liverpool) - but once he’d made the switch Roy reneged on that promise.

Southgate was also kinda **** with Grealish - saying he wouldn’t consider players playing in the championship, then calling up Phillips before he’d played in the premier league to stop him declaring for Ireland
    Perfidious.

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast