Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who is winning POTY and YPOTY for your club?

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    Any word on Ollie, Nigel?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    There's genuinely only two or three players in the Harps squad who could come out of this season having said they had anywhere near a decent year. Ethan Boyle was consistent throughout the season and deserving of player of the year awards he's got so far.

Conor Tourish is a good defender and bad footballer, Elie N'Zeyi was impressive in parts but injury put an abrupt end to his season. Eric McWoods is fast and tricky but little end product, Ryan Connolly and Barry McNamee are both still excellent footballers but tend to go missing for large parts of the season. Rob Slevin started the season well and died out about two thirds of the way into the season. That's about it.

By all accounts, Sunday evening will be Barry McNamees last LOI game as well.
    Sorry to hear McNamee is leaving. Lovely player on his day but he has seemed a bit lost when we've played you lately. Is he just focusing on his full time job now?
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    Sorry to hear McNamee is leaving. Lovely player on his day but he has seemed a bit lost when we've played you lately. Is he just focusing on his full time job now?
    Playing with bad players doesn’t help either,he never stopped trying but he wasn’t going to stand out in that team ,negative tactics and just poor players

I remember passing him in the hospital where he works a couple of weeks ago and it was 4pm on a match day and thinking how tough it must be for players to do a day’s work and be expected to show up and perform,getting harder for players in that situation with most of the top league full time….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Playing with bad players doesn’t help either,he never stopped trying but he wasn’t going to stand out in that team ,negative tactics and just poor players

I remember passing him in the hospital where he works a couple of weeks ago and it was 4pm on a match day and thinking how tough it must be for players to do a day’s work and be expected to show up and perform,getting harder for players in that situation with most of the top league full time….
    Hadn't realized he was working in the hospital. That's no easy shift to be coming from to play a game of ball. The mental and physical drain must have been brutal at times. And trying to shift perspective from what's going on in the ward to kicking a leather bag around a field....Fair play to him.

Reading this.
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    More often than not, he was going into work after games rather than having to work before games. Does a lot of night porter work in the hospital.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    This is one year when I can't pick a POTY...or YPOTY.

Not one POTY stands out, maybe if Devoy or Omochere were still there I guess. They've been uniformly bad- to the extent that Rory Feely has been better than average.

Maybe Max Murphy for YPOTY, but most Bohs fans would vehemently disagree (personally I think he's been good).

McManus

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohtastic View Post
    This is one year when I can't pick a POTY...or YPOTY.

Not one POTY stands out, maybe if Devoy or Omochere were still there I guess. They've been uniformly bad- to the extent that Rory Feely has been better than average.

Maybe Max Murphy for YPOTY, but most Bohs fans would vehemently disagree (personally I think he's been good).

McManus
    Fascinated to know why you think Murphy has been good? I think he's one of the worst players to ever play for the club, even worse knowing we paid compo to Rovers for him.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RealJohn91 View Post
    Fascinated to know why you think Murphy has been good? I think he's one of the worst players to ever play for the club, even worse knowing we paid compo to Rovers for him.
    I saw Murphy play 1 decent match, but also a few shockers.
    Times are tough when Rory Feely is one of your best players all right.
    Flores was ok in a couple of games I saw, and McDaid has decent flashes at times.
    But yea, for Bohs it’s just been an absolute stinker of a year.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
    I saw Murphy play 1 decent match, but also a few shockers.
    Times are tough when Rory Feely is one of your best players all right.
    Flores was ok in a couple of games I saw, and McDaid has decent flashes at times.
    But yea, for Bohs it’s just been an absolute stinker of a year.
    Feely is even worse than Murphy

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Murphy has had a few mistakes, the og v rovers was the worst possible start, but is young, and I've seen enough to suggest that he'll be a good player in the future. Can pick a good pass that isn't just a sideways one/pump forward. Certainly better than Wilson, has even been decent played LB. I think that he has a target on his back from some sections of the supporters that isn't deserved.

Re the rest,
    Feely also hasn't been as bad as Kelly this season. Burt might have been OK, but has been inconsistent, and seems to have already checked out. On POTY, maybe Twardek for his late season performances? Not offered with any real conviction though.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    You won't get any disagreement out of me when it comes to how bad Kelly has been

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohtastic View Post
    Murphy has had a few mistakes, the og v rovers was the worst possible start, but is young, and I've seen enough to suggest that he'll be a good player in the future. Can pick a good pass that isn't just a sideways one/pump forward. Certainly better than Wilson, has even been decent played LB. I think that he has a target on his back from some sections of the supporters that isn't deserved.
    Fair points. I actually think Wilson isn’t too bad.
    Young players like him and McDaid who actually have a bit of talent/potential might show better performances next year if the team has a proper spine. You’d imagine that if Talbot and Buckley are fit and performing next year their experience and leadership will make a difference.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12