Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1779

Thread: 2023 Season, Arrivals and Departures

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legendz View Post
    Treaty United can confirm that Martin Coughlan has departed the club to sign for Kerry FC.
    Treaty making the announcement for Kerry!
    Kerryman hardly clarifying matters in their article, beyond Kerry saying that the announcement was news to them when they saw it, but it seems there will be a fair degree of turnover come July, with 4-5 players leaving, and the same number joining.

https://www.independent.ie/regionals...mpaign=seeding

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    As players can't be signed until 1 July clubs can't announce that they've signed a player until then. Bad form by Treaty to announce the Coughlan signing really.
    I phoned the speaking clock to hear a voice speak, it said - "At the tone you will be very much alone"

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JC_GUFC View Post
    As players can't be signed until 1 July clubs can't announce that they've signed a player until then. Bad form by Treaty to announce the Coughlan signing really.
    Whatever about announcing another club's player (I agree that’s bad form), there’s nothing stopping Kerry announcing it now. Bohs announced several signings last season in June and just mentioned “X player will officially become a Bohs player from 1 July”
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    Whatever about announcing another club's player (I agree that’s bad form), there’s nothing stopping Kerry announcing it now. Bohs announced several signings last season in June and just mentioned “X player will officially become a Bohs player from 1 July”
    It probably depends on the status of the player in question. It's fine to say that about a player whose contract has expired at the end of the UK season but if they're not a free agent there could be some issues.
    I phoned the speaking clock to hear a voice speak, it said - "At the tone you will be very much alone"

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.u...ustin-ferizaj/

Blackburn making moves for Ferizaj.

Does anyone know what has gone on behind the scenes with Ferizaj this year? He was sensational when he broke through last year.
    He’s barely had any minutes this year compared to last, and Bradley has just made 1 or 2 vague comments about him needing to improve.

The article mentions his contract might be up at end of 23, so Rovers won’t get much for him. Real shame… because he’s worth a lot!
    I’m guessing Rovers were trying to get him on a long term deal but he wouldn’t sign and so they kept him out of the team until he signed? But maybe it’s become obvious now that he’s running his contract down so they’ve decided to cash in whatever they can?

6. Thanks From:

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post

Does anyone know what has gone on behind the scenes with Ferizaj this year? He was sensational when he broke through last year.
    He’s barely had any minutes this year compared to last, and Bradley has just made 1 or 2 vague comments about him needing to improve.

The article mentions his contract might be up at end of 23, so Rovers won’t get much for him. Real shame… because he’s worth a lot!
    I’m guessing Rovers were trying to get him on a long term deal but he wouldn’t sign and so they kept him out of the team until he signed? But maybe it’s become obvious now that he’s running his contract down so they’ve decided to cash in whatever they can?
    Is he really that good? I never fully bought the hype that people were going on with last year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by culloty82 View Post
    Kerryman hardly clarifying matters in their article, beyond Kerry saying that the announcement was news to them when they saw it, but it seems there will be a fair degree of turnover come July, with 4-5 players leaving, and the same number joining.

https://www.independent.ie/regionals...mpaign=seeding
    Kerry FC want to make the announcement in their own time.
    Quote Originally Posted by JC_GUFC View Post
    It is bad form but I was amused!
    There isn't but they seem to have ideas in mind about how they want to announcement. Coughlan's debut all going well will be against Treaty.
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    It’s fairly rare to see a player in our league have the skill and poise that he showed, especially in the European games at 17 yrs old.
    I’ll caveat that by saying there’s been tonnes of lads with talent who end up wasting it - we’ve all seen lots of them - so there’s no guarantee Ferizaj has all the other qualities needed to make the most of his career. But he has no shortage of quality that’s for sure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    655 Posts

Rovers terrible start to the season and then the neccessity to win matches mitigated against giving youmgsters time but i expect him to heavily feature once Europe starts assuming we get a run as well as Noonan and Cruise.
    I heard he wasnt fit for the first couple of months of the season as well , not sure what the exact injury was but he is ready and available now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Jay McGrath at pats is only on loan until the end of this month but Coventry have announced he's been released at the end of the month by them so I’d imagine he may sign a permanent deal depending on what options he has. Aside from that, we’ve Conor Carty on loan from Bolton until the end of the season and Vladislav Kreida on loan from Flora Tallin until the end of the season although I saw an article from Estonian media where their manager is quoted as saying he can be recalled by them up to a certain point and they’re considering doing so as they’re light in options in midfield. Kreida hasn’t featured much at all since Daly came in (even being left out of the matchday squad at times) so I wouldn’t be surprised if he did head back home which wouldn’t be a major loss at all to Pats as he’s been pretty average at best in his 11 appearances so far
    As far as I know Kreida has been gone for a couple of weeks already, seems he became unfancied quite quickly under Daly. Had some nice moments but he was astonishingly unable to keep up with the pace of games so I'm not surprised there wasn't huge interest in keeping hold of him.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    On Ferizaj, I think his skill set would be more applicable to continental clubs than England. I know he had a week training with Spurs earlier this year but wasn’t there talk of foreign clubs interest after one of his European performances last year. I think he won POTM in one of the ECL matches…

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    On Ferizaj, I think his skill set would be more applicable to continental clubs than England. I know he had a week training with Spurs earlier this year but wasn’t there talk of foreign clubs interest after one of his European performances last year. I think he won POTM in one of the ECL matches…
    Came back from the off season out of shape with a bit of an attitude adjustment needed from what I've heard. Still well regarded but sounds like some of the hype got to his head. Has been featuring a bit more lately and did very well when he came on v UCD. He also has more competition this season as Conan Noonan is playing again and does a similar job.

Would agree he would suit leagues outside England. He's never going have serious pace or physical strength but technically he's one of the best I've seen at his age.
    Last edited by ontheotherhand; 13/06/2023 at 4:30 PM.
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    355 Posts
    Tony McNamee signed back at Harps,last at Bonagee and signed until the end of 2024.
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Tony McNamee signed back at Harps,last at Bonagee and signed until the end of 2024.
    Brilliant news. Always put in a good shift for us and has the quality few others have in the team

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thebronze14 View Post
    Brilliant news. Always put in a good shift for us and has the quality few others have in the team
    Yeah will be a great first division player, just what we need a bit of creativity and experienced in the middle of the pitch. Need someone to start converting the chance created now, hopefully Ferry & Doherty will start doing so
    54 Crew-Finn Harps FC Supporters Club
    Following Harps Home & Away
    https://www.facebook.com/54CrewFHFC

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Shels Out:

Scott van der Sluis (Love Island)
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    233 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    As far as I know Kreida has been gone for a couple of weeks already, seems he became unfancied quite quickly under Daly. Had some nice moments but he was astonishingly unable to keep up with the pace of games so I'm not surprised there wasn't huge interest in keeping hold of him.
    He never impressed me particularly. Not a loss. We’re not too badly served in centre mid, with Forrestor, Lennon, Murphy, McCormack and Timmermans.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,357 Posts
    https://finnharps.ie/harps-bolster-b...-double-swoop/

Another two in the door at Finn Park. Fiji international Scott Wara and English centre back Matty Makinson.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    https://finnharps.ie/harps-bolster-b...-double-swoop/

Another two in the door at Finn Park. Fiji international Scott Wara and English centre back Matty Makinson.
    Wara signing....as I believe the kids might say
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Cork City have made enquiries about former Shelbourne and Livingston striker Jaze Kabia, who is currently training with the club.
    Liam Buckley has also been using his connections to St. Pats about a keeper.

Page 64 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast