Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 9 of 89 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Season, Arrivals and Departures

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Lots of talk about Rovers paying a big fee to Sligo for Keena but i cant see it tbh.
    He looks like a decent player for sure but he has 18 goals and 3 assists with a few penos thrown in there.
    Gaffney has 10 goals and 8 assisys with no penos.
    I m not saying i wouldnt like Keena but he has had 1 good season, i would nt be paying a big fee for him.

Colm Whelan is out of contract from UCD but i have no idea when he would be back from his cruciate.....
    I think it was May when he did it so should be ok for start of next season if hes lucky maybe
    Last edited by sbgawa; 16/11/2022 at 3:03 PM.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,214 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Colm Whelan is out of contract from UCD but i have no idea when he would be back from his cruciate.....
    I think it was May when he did it so should be ok for start of next season if hes lucky maybe
    Probably not out of the question that he re-signs for UCD and looks to move in the summer I guess.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Probably not out of the question that he re-signs for UCD and looks to move in the summer I guess.
    Fair point i hadnt considered that as all the talk was about where he was going but that might be a way for him to prove himself and get a better long term deal

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Lots of talk about Rovers paying a big fee to Sligo for Keena but i cant see it tbh.
    He looks like a decent player for sure but he has 18 goals and 3 assists with a few penos thrown in there.
    I m not saying i wouldnt like Keena but he has had 1 good season, i would nt be paying a big fee for him.

Gaffney has 10 goals in the best team in the league , Keena got 18 in a mid table side you'd expect him to get at least 7 or 8 more over a season if playing for Shamrock Rovers , plus he's a lot younger . If he did well at Rovers they could recoup there money in a season or two if he moved back across the water.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    keena isnt as well rounded aa gaffney.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    clarke gone from shels. wonder where he'll end up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd2793 View Post
    clarke gone from shels. wonder where he'll end up
    Be a good back up option for Dundalk if Cherrie finishes up…..
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Be a good back up option for Dundalk if Cherrie finishes up…..
    He had issues with O'Donnell with us in 2020 and O'Donnell pretty much drove him out of the club. While I'd never say it won't happen but it'd be unlikely.

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts

Thinking about this earlier, at the peak of DFC under Kenny, he never really paid a fee for too many players and never overboard for a striker. Possibly Kilduff was 20k from Rovers but came via on loan at Pats, 20k again I think for Horgan from Cork City, Hoban was free, McMillan out of contract and also free, but bizarrely 40k for Dylan Connolly, and even more crazy made that back on the transfer to AFC Wimbledon.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Thinking about this earlier, at the peak of DFC under Kenny, he never really paid a fee for too many players and never overboard for a striker. Possibly Kilduff was 20k from Rovers but came via on loan at Pats, 20k again I think for Horgan from Cork City, Hoban was free, McMillan out of contract and also free, but bizarrely 40k for Dylan Connolly, and even more crazy made that back on the transfer to AFC Wimbledon.
    Kilduff was never on loan at Pats, he signed permanently at Pats on a free from rovers ahead of the 2015 season and was sold to Dundalk that summer after struggling for form/minutes behind Fagan
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    Kilduff was never on loan at Pats, he signed permanently at Pats on a free from rovers ahead of the 2015 season and was sold to Dundalk that summer after struggling for form/minutes behind Fagan
    Sorry my bad then, but still say the transfer fee was modest, def under 20k. His 2 goals alone in the EL group stage earned around 750k, he had a great 2016.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Sorry my bad then, but still say the transfer fee was modest, def under 20k. His 2 goals alone in the EL group stage earned around 750k, he had a great 2016.
    Yeah you’re right there, think I remember hearing at the time that it was either 20 or 15k. Worked out for all parties as he’d have been on his way out of pats for free a couple of months later regardless. Just one of those transfers that didn’t work out. There was a number of underwhelming strikers at pats around that time, Dinny Corocoran was signed as Kilduff's replacement the following season and through his performances ended up restricting himself to substitute appearances, scoring a grand total of 0 league goals, off the back of being one of the league's top goalscorers with Sligo the previous year. On the topic of Corcoran, he announced his retirement from LOI football the other day, he was great for Bohs and is a member of the LOI 100 goals club
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,214 Posts
    Fair point i hadnt considered that as all the talk was about where he was going but that might be a way for him to prove himself and get a better long term deal
    Extratime have Whelan as resigned for UCD on their transfers summary now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    Yeah you’re right there, think I remember hearing at the time that it was either 20 or 15k. Worked out for all parties as he’d have been on his way out of pats for free a couple of months later regardless. Just one of those transfers that didn’t work out. There was a number of underwhelming strikers at pats around that time, Dinny Corocoran was signed as Kilduff's replacement the following season and through his performances ended up restricting himself to substitute appearances, scoring a grand total of 0 league goals, off the back of being one of the league's top goalscorers with Sligo the previous year. On the topic of Corcoran, he announced his retirement from LOI football the other day, he was great for Bohs and is a member of the LOI 100 goals club
    Would love to see that list if it's available anywhere

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    https://wexfordfc.ie/latest-news/139...senior-manager

James Keddy appointed Wexford manager…..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    https://shelbournefc.ie/five-players-depart-the-reds/

5 players depart Shels, Brendan Clarke, Aaron O’Driscoll, Dan Carr, Josh Giurgi, and Dan Hawkins.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Interesting to note on Extratime squad signing tracker that Colm Whelan is listed as re-signed by UCD. That's really unusual, as normally UCD publish nothing until about a week before the new season starts

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    https://shelbournefc.ie/five-players-depart-the-reds/

5 players depart Shels, Brendan Clarke, Aaron O’Driscoll, Dan Carr, Josh Giurgi, and Dan Hawkins.
    Interesting - thought Giurgi was considered one of their highest-regarded prospects?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by culloty82 View Post
    Interesting - thought Giurgi was considered one of their highest-regarded prospects?
    They only signed him from Norwich in the summer but he was only given 2 starts in the league (and was subbed on 5 times)
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Giurgi never got much of a look in since he signed. Brendan Clarke will be a big loss but won't be upset over the others going especially Carr. Did very little all season and never looked like he cared when he was on the pitch.

Luke Byrne has been confirmed as signed up for 2023.

Page 9 of 89 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast