Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 42 of 89 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Season, Arrivals and Departures

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Still doesn't mean the guy from the Swedish top division is going to be any good and why would he becoming here if he is decent and there is better salaries available in Sweden?

The evidence in the LOI over the years signing UK or foreign players from whatever European league top division/2nd division/Estonia etc. is that it's a total crapshoot, the increased dependency for some LOI clubs is getting risky if these guys don't work out
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts
    well its either bring in foreign lads or have your 19s fill in. the better irish lads that hand around the league are all on "multi" year deals now. its worth it to be taking a gamble on overseas players to fill the squad out.

horgan going to galway in other news, excellent signing for a firstdivision club. not a great defender in the PD imo but strong going forward, will have a field day in FD.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by total hoofball View Post
    Still doesn't mean the guy from the Swedish top division is going to be any good and why would he becoming here if he is decent and there is better salaries available in Sweden?

The evidence in the LOI over the years signing UK or foreign players from whatever European league top division/2nd division/Estonia etc. is that it's a total crapshoot, the increased dependency for some LOI clubs is getting risky if these guys don't work out

I totally agree it doesn't mean he will be any good but he has been operating at a higher level than a lot of these guys we bring over so has a much better chance of being decent.

Sandefjord & Varbergs crowds wouldn't be that dissimilar to Corks so the wage demands shouldn't be that excessive

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    355 Posts
    Cork City, Shamrock Rovers, Derry City, St Patrick’s Athletic, and Dundalk intrested in signing Adam O'Reilly......

https://www.echolive.ie/corksport/ar...kUJc2503FmOaJ4
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Cork City, Shamrock Rovers, Derry City, St Patrick’s Athletic, and Dundalk intrested in signing Adam O'Reilly......

https://www.echolive.ie/corksport/ar...kUJc2503FmOaJ4

may aswell have listed off the rest of the teams in the league. more guessing from the echo. "very good player wanted by every club"

6. Thanks From:

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Colm Horgan a very good signing for Galway. Surprised Mikey Fox of Salthill Devon did not sign for GUFC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    I don't think O'Reilly is anywhere near good enough on the ball to play for Rovers. Would like him back at Pats but thought he was overrated quite a bit by the fan base at times last season.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    573 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by total hoofball View Post

I think wages must be mental in sweden. A mate of mine was playing in the third division in Sweden and he signed a 3 or 4 year contract back in 2020 (not sure if he's back this season). He was getting money that I imagine only the european clubs here could pay here and he had a free apartment and car with it. a town of 100k just an hour outside Stockholm

he was in dublin during lockdown when all the football was cancelled and his season was cancelled and he tried to explore the idea of signing for a LOI side. i fully believe he has the ability to. but it didn't really make much sense - he was hoping a side like Shels or Pats would be able to match what he was on there as a trialist.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    I don't think O'Reilly is anywhere near good enough on the ball to play for Rovers. Would like him back at Pats but thought he was overrated quite a bit by the fan base at times last season.
    He was your most effective player last season, in the games I saw him play anyway (Rovers games and a couple of Europe games).
    Don't think he'd get into the Rovers team but he's a fine player with plenty of potential
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    He was your most effective player last season, in the games I saw him play anyway (Rovers games and a couple of Europe games).
    Don't think he'd get into the Rovers team but he's a fine player with plenty of potential
    He's quick and has absolutely phenomenal energy about him but for a midfielder is lacking in possession for me. Some incredibly careless and costly moments against Dundalk, Derry and others being cases in point last season.

As I said I'd have him back in a heartbeat as he's a good player with scope to get better, just has his limitations is all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    I think the balance we had in midfield work well last season. He isn't the most technical of players and relies on his high work rate.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts
    Pats have signed Dutch centre back Noah Lewis who came through Feyenoord's academy (with a loan spell at Dordrecht in the second tier) before moving to Eredivisie side Willem II last season without making a first team appearance, he would’ve played a lot of the season at their reserve side Willem II II presumably which is a fantastic name for a team
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    355 Posts
    Right-back Archie Davies to Dundalk from Aldershot Town.
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Derry to sign Adam O’Reilly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    233 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCWA View Post
    Derry to sign Adam O’Reilly
    Disappointing, but not entirely surprising. €€€€€.

Derry might do well to remember Matty Smith though, who they outbid Pats for this time last year. Didn’t exactly turn out to be a roaring success. !

Thought Adam was only behind Joe Redmond as Pats player of the season last year. I also think some of the comments about his lack of ability on the ball have been harsh.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    Disappointing, but not entirely surprising. €€€€€.

Derry might do well to remember Matty Smith though, who they outbid Pats for this time last year. Didn’t exactly turn out to be a roaring success. !

Thought Adam was only behind Joe Redmond as Pats player of the season last year. I also think some of the comments about his lack of ability on the ball have been harsh.
    Yeah , would have been a bit easier to take if he'd gone to a club in England or Scotland . I think we'll be ok , we've got plenty in midfield and it's a good time for the likes of McCormack and Murphy to take their chance.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Thought McCormack looked a good lad, on O Reilly , I don’t know, busy and a hard worker but he’s no git Forrester and pats have a decent enough midfield strength.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts
    pats have great prospects in midfield, ive not seen a lot of murphy but if he can stay fit he sounds like a big prospect. im a massive fan of mccormack but he never really kicked on last year. this season is huge for him. think pats will be fine without o'reilly tbh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufct View Post
    I see from this link Wilson Waweru has left Galway on loan to Cobh. Anyone have thoughts on that?

I suppose he's third in the pecking order behind Walsh and Manley but still a surprise for me to lose him in case one of the above two is injured/out of form.

Page 42 of 89 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast