Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 35 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Season, Arrivals and Departures

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by culloty82 View Post
    The interesting thing there is that he'd just broken into the City first XI at the end of 2021, and then took last season off, for whatever personal reasons.
    healy was expecting him to stay on, came as a shock he wasnt going to. healy said something about him going down a different route to football, presumably it was work/career related. probably less of an issue with kerry being local to him and training in evenings

2. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    There was an online rumour about Cotter today but apart from that its been extremely quiet.
    Saw that on Twitter, nut not the most reliable looking account that posted it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sulywaterfordfc View Post
    Louis Britton has been released by Yeovil after 4 appearances. Surprised he got a club so high up the English system tbh , can’t see him returning to the LOI either. Personally I don’t think he’s good enough
    He was good for ye though, right?
    Whats happened in the meantime?
    "Now jump up there and stuff that son of a bitch in the basket, chief"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    waterford suited him down to the ground, good wide players in patterson and idowu along with either junior or el neyah in the centre could do a lot of the build up and feed him the ball in the box. he played a lot further away from the box with us and was expected to do more in build up as our midfield isnt as strong. he wasnt able for it , couldnt get up and down the pitch. he wasnt helped by missing 2 sitters against cobh and waterford either they had to have hurt his confidence infront of goal. turned out to be a bad move football wise for him, we didnt suit him at all , although he was on good money so i dont think he will care much

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Dylan Connolly confirmed at Bohs.....
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Bohs love signing good and average lads to long term contracts.

I will say, there is a player in Connolly, and all-in-all has had a succesful spell in Britain, playing 122 times across League 1 and 2, and the Scottish Premiership. He never suited Kennys Dundalk, as they dominated midfield and forced teams to sit back, and there was no space for him to use his pace. I always thought Connolly far suited Caulfields Cork, and Sadlier should have joined Dundalk.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Connolly was one of the most exciting young players I've seen break into the Shels first team during that 2014 First Division season, looking at his subsequent spells with Ipswich/Bray/Dundalk/rest of UK I don't feel ever reached his full potential which would have been Championship level. If Devine has a suitable system to play him in and he hasn't lost any pace you would think he will be a big player this season
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    connolly will only do well if he plays on a team that plays on the break. if devine/cronin have any intention on keeping possession (cronins teams do) then connolly will be ineffective imo. he'll be a great asset in the derby against rovers mind you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiki Balboa View Post
    Bohs love signing good and average lads to long term contracts.

I will say, there is a player in Connolly, and all-in-all has had a succesful spell in Britain, playing 122 times across League 1 and 2, and the Scottish Premiership. He never suited Kennys Dundalk, as they dominated midfield and forced teams to sit back, and there was no space for him to use his pace. I always thought Connolly far suited Caulfields Cork, and Sadlier should have joined Dundalk.

yeah you arent far wrong. sadlier was a great player, joined us a season too late imagine himself and maguire together for 16+17. defo more suited to a kenny side especially in europe. thankfully caulfield dropped him for our biggest euro game, braindead stuff.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    I'm liking the squad that Drogs are putting together, as a UCD fan, I'm finding hope in a very dark window !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by total hoofball View Post
    Connolly was one of the most exciting young players I've seen break into the Shels first team during that 2014 First Division season, looking at his subsequent spells with Ipswich/Bray/Dundalk/rest of UK I don't feel ever reached his full potential which would have been Championship level. If Devine has a suitable system to play him in and he hasn't lost any pace you would think he will be a big player this season

I went to a lot of Shels games that season & was convinced he would play multiple times for Ireland but whatever happened at Ipswich he never seemed like the same player when he came back (despite relative success).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    He hasn't really scored much since he left Bray. If Bohs can get him scoring 6 or 7 again, that would be an excellent signing. Probably one of the more intriguing transfers of the off-season, as the difference in the potential floor and ceiling is massive.

I was laughing at Bohs earlier in the offseason for the Buckley move (which I still think is a bit silly), but having a quick look, they seem to have a plan of being able to soak pressure and quickly attack, by bringing in experience in defence and midfield, and quick attacking options up front (Williams, Atkintunde, Connolly, and even it might suit Twaderk).

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiki Balboa View Post
    He hasn't really scored much since he left Bray. If Bohs can get him scoring 6 or 7 again, that would be an excellent signing. Probably one of the more intriguing transfers of the off-season, as the difference in the potential floor and ceiling is massive.

I was laughing at Bohs earlier in the offseason for the Buckley move (which I still think is a bit silly), but having a quick look, they seem to have a plan of being able to soak pressure and quickly attack, by bringing in experience in defence and midfield, and quick attacking options up front (Williams, Atkintunde, Connolly, and even it might suit Twaderk).
    If we want to sit back and soak up pressure we need to sign a few defenders. We have 2 left backs (I think Burke was injured when devine was brought in and may have been told he can find a new club), 2 senior cbs (If we didn't release Kerr) and one promoted from the 19s and no right backs that I've seen. If the plan is to play Bucko right back we're ****ed because he is useless there. Hopefully there's a defender or 3 lined up before the start of preseason.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Kerry will happily sign players of any nationality once they have a connection to a local club:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Another Bohemia View Post
    If we want to sit back and soak up pressure we need to sign a few defenders. We have 2 left backs (I think Burke was injured when devine was brought in and may have been told he can find a new club), 2 senior cbs (If we didn't release Kerr) and one promoted from the 19s and no right backs that I've seen. If the plan is to play Bucko right back we're ****ed because he is useless there. Hopefully there's a defender or 3 lined up before the start of preseason.
    There was a list of players released posted by the club a few weeks back. Burke and Kerr weren't on it so they're probably still under contract.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RealJohn91 View Post
    There was a list of players released posted by the club a few weeks back. Burke and Kerr weren't on it so they're probably still under contract.

True but not sure how much faith Devine has in either of these lads since they didn't see much game time a the end of the season. Granted Burke may have been injured but afaik Kerr was available and behind Feely and Kelly in pecking order. Neither of whom set the world alight last season.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Another Bohemia View Post
    True but not sure how much faith Devine has in either of these lads since they didn't see much game time a the end of the season. Granted Burke may have been injured but afaik Kerr was available and behind Feely and Kelly in pecking order. Neither of whom set the world alight last season.
    Devine had Kerr on loan at Derry a few years ago at least

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Kelly View Post
    I went to a lot of Shels games that season & was convinced he would play multiple times for Ireland but whatever happened at Ipswich he never seemed like the same player when he came back (despite relative success).
    Not sure the exact reason he only lasted a year at Ipswich but if you look at Adam McDonnell at Bohs now who also broke into that same Shels team aged 17 in 2014 and also moved to Ipswich then as some Shels fans suspected back then Ipswich were a not a good club to sign for early career development
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    https://www.independent.ie/regionals...-42275342.html

Dundalk seeking new investors.......
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    No shortage of options these days for the queue of investors waiting to get involved in LOI. A sound investment for sure.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Page 35 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast